CDZ Weekend Loneliness

I interact with a lot of people daily and often work 16 hours a day. I have people texting me all night long. By Saturday, I don't want any human interaction including the grocery store and then...........I have no snacks.

ditto, i'm a public biz , the onslaught of humanity comes at me in every form of communicado....by sunday it's the liquor store.....~S~

I love the liquor store. It's pretty. Truthfully, I talk about drinking way more than I actually drink. Someday, when I grow up, I want to be an alcoholic. I will wear prairie dresses, grow my hair to my ankles, walk barefoot and sit on my front porch with a salt gun and a chocolate martini and scare the bejeezes out of everyone in the neighborhood. Perhaps I will even run my vacuum cleaner on the drive way just to make sure.
You are never alone with Johnny Walker or Jack Daniels.
They provide friendship to many lonely souls.

The agony of weekend loneliness: ‘I won't speak to another human until Monday’

On Saturday morning, Peter got up and went to the supermarket. He carried his shopping home, and took care of his laundry and ironing. In the afternoon, he browsed a few record stores and later he cooked himself dinner; always something adventurous on a Saturday night. Afterwards, he hit Netflix. And in all those hours, in common with many of Peter’s Saturdays, not to mention his Sundays, he had no meaningful interaction with another human being. “The only person I spoke to,” he says, “was the lady who came over to verify my bottles of beer at the supermarket self-checkout.”

I found this article a bit sad in some ways. Life doesnt just flow in an orderly fashion and sometimes we end up in places without realising why.

I am 25 years married this time around but two of our kids have left home now and the house feels a bit empty. Having said that its nice not to have their debris everywhere and I dont miss being a taxi service.

I have been running through a list of my friends and wondering if I should make more of an effort. I think I should in a couple of cases. Loneliness should be a choice really.

You were born alone ( with nobody attached to your hip) and that's the way it is here on earth.It's you and you!:10:

like ships in the night - LOL haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's funny to say ...like ships in the night......:21:

we meet other human beings on the way ...time goes by and then we die. LOL

That is life on Earth....nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:
There is no escape from the humans, even on weekends. Nice that it’s more time with kin, though.

There is no escape from the humans, even on weekends. Nice that it’s more time with kin, though.

so...what's so sacred about week ends?

why the fig people regard week-ends so sacred?

it's just another day ....

wakey my friends

I interact with a lot of people daily and often work 16 hours a day. I have people texting me all night long. By Saturday, I don't want any human interaction including the grocery store and then...........I have no snacks.

ditto, i'm a public biz , the onslaught of humanity comes at me in every form of communicado....by sunday it's the liquor store.....~S~

I love the liquor store. It's pretty. Truthfully, I talk about drinking way more than I actually drink. Someday, when I grow up, I want to be an alcoholic. I will wear prairie dresses, grow my hair to my ankles, walk barefoot and sit on my front porch with a salt gun and a chocolate martini and scare the bejeezes out of everyone in the neighborhood. Perhaps I will even run my vacuum cleaner on the drive way just to make sure.
You are never alone with Johnny Walker or Jack Daniels.
They provide friendship to many lonely souls.
Yep, just ask George Thorogood. He "Drinks alone, with nobody else".............

My whole family done give up on me, and it makes me feel oh so bad
The only one who will drink with me, Is my dear Old Grand-Dad

~S~

“The only person I spoke to,” he says, “was the lady who came over to verify my bottles of beer at the supermarket self-checkout.”
Tommy, what on earth does that mean?
When you use the self service tills a staff member has to come across to verify that you are over 18 if you are buying booze. Its a pain in the arse..

Apparently loneliness is very common in the USA. Some people seldom interact with another human being.

As a retired person, every day is like any other. So, no weekend loneliness here. I love every day. Never really experienced loneliness. I spent 15 days in the AZ desert last year, entirely alone. I loved it. Must be different for others.

Loneliness affects almost half of adult Americans.
MDLinx, a news service for physicians, reports “The newest epidemic in America now affects up to 47% of adults—double the number affected a few decades ago” (1).

This staggering data has relevance because of its correlation with increased risk for early mortality, risk rates similar to those for obesity and smoking 15 cigarettes a day. Also, the findings relate to adverse health risks such as higher systolic blood pressure, body mass index, and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Depression and suicide are also cited.

Loneliness: A New Epidemic in the USA
The desert thing is solitude though. We all value that. I think the folk in the article took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up with no one to talk to. We should all give our single friends a call, they may not be having a great time.

Seriously? I only love you people because I can log out and shut down the computer. I'm a recluse. The weekend is where I build up my good feelings toward humanity. Technically, I'm still kind of working on the weekends (for the sake of the argument lets pretend I don't).At 8:03 am Monday morning someone has managed to suck all of that out of me. By Friday Eve I am considering a box of razor blades and locking myself in the bathroom.

I dislike an empty nest which is why the kids and Grandkids are frequently around. There can never be enough children in a home....even thirty-forty somethings.

Just for the sake of being sage-like; build up a few more good feelings towards yourself. You're woth it (One of the "gooduns" as we say in Oz).

Greg

Charlie Rich of "Behind Closed Doors" and "The Most Beautiful Girl" fame cut some wonderful sides for Sun Records in the late 1950's. Among them was "Lonely Weekends", which may have been the best of those sides. My linkage system isn't working, so I can't provide a link. But check out "Lonely Weekends" on YouTube. Charlie's singing on this reminds me a bit of some guy named Elvis, who also cut some great sides for Sun just a bit before Charlie did.

The agony of weekend loneliness: ‘I won't speak to another human until Monday’

On Saturday morning, Peter got up and went to the supermarket. He carried his shopping home, and took care of his laundry and ironing. In the afternoon, he browsed a few record stores and later he cooked himself dinner; always something adventurous on a Saturday night. Afterwards, he hit Netflix. And in all those hours, in common with many of Peter’s Saturdays, not to mention his Sundays, he had no meaningful interaction with another human being. “The only person I spoke to,” he says, “was the lady who came over to verify my bottles of beer at the supermarket self-checkout.”

I found this article a bit sad in some ways. Life doesnt just flow in an orderly fashion and sometimes we end up in places without realising why.

I am 25 years married this time around but two of our kids have left home now and the house feels a bit empty. Having said that its nice not to have their debris everywhere and I dont miss being a taxi service.

I have been running through a list of my friends and wondering if I should make more of an effort. I think I should in a couple of cases. Loneliness should be a choice really.
Loneliness is a choice. Ending up alone may not be.

As a retired person, every day is like any other. So, no weekend loneliness here. I love every day. Never really experienced loneliness. I spent 15 days in the AZ desert last year, entirely alone. I loved it. Must be different for others.
Me too- this weekend kept messing me up- for instance my oldest son came to get me to go with him to run some errands and I told him I was having a hard time wrapping my head around it being Sunday by name since every day is Sunday for me- LOL- but, I am looking forward to February 7th because DirtVision will have its first World of Outlaws broadcast of 2020 :) I enjoy being alone so I don't guess I can qualify for being lonely- oh, just an FYI I envy your desert trip. I LOVE the desert! If you haven't tried it, read some Zane Grey novels about the desert-

Forum List

Back