Wealthy people can afford better healthcare

I think the rich rat bastards should pay for our healthcare.

And speaking of health care...

I want that boob job! The rich get them....i want one too!!!! They can afford to pay for mine right along with theirs!!!

By the end of the month my bank account is low, I don't think that's right.

Its not fair! They have plenty to share. Come on...all they have to do is give up a vacation or to for me. I dont think that is to much to ask.

And damn... that is a hot pair of shoes that rich women has... I want a pair too!

The rich rat bastards have more money than they know what to do with. I think they should give us some, because I don't have as much as they do.

By the end of the month my bank account is low, I don't think that's right.

Its not fair! They have plenty to share. Come on...all they have to do is give up a vacation or to for me. I dont think that is to much to ask.

And damn... that is a hot pair of shoes that rich women has... I want a pair too!

The rich rat bastards have more money than they know what to do with. I think they should give us some, because I don't have as much as they do.

Damn straight!

MAKE them share!!!

Damn straight!

MAKE them share!!!

I think it's our right as an American citizen to have an equal share of the pie.

Damn straight!

MAKE them share!!!

I think it's our right as an American citizen to have an equal share of the pie.

so long as i dont have to pay or work for my share of the pie....ill be happy. Someone else can pay for my piece....THEY can afford it.

so long as i dont have to pay or work for my share of the pie....ill be happy. Someone else can pay for my piece....THEY can afford it.

Yes, they can afford it, and it is their duty to pony up their fair share.

Fair is fair.... let them pay and not me. I am all for that. I think its more then fair that they pay and not me.

Anyway they wont what i will get anyway. They will pay for something better, so why should they mind?

Fair is fair.... let them pay and not me. I am all for that. I think its more then fair that they pay and not me.

Anyway they wont what i will get anyway. They will pay for something better, so why should they mind?

I think they should pay to get us the same as they have. I don't think it's right that I'm a second class citizen.

I think they should pay to get us the same as they have. I don't think it's right that I'm a second class citizen.

I better get a private room at the hospital too! They cant treat me this way!!

Spot on! If I want a sex change operation at some point in my life, they better damn well pay for it.

Spot on! If I want a sex change operation at some point in my life, they better damn well pay for it.

Just make sure they give you the private room! They can afford it.

:eek:

the we would both be wanting the boob job!

Heaven forbid that we follow the money.

I love following other peoples money.... just leave mine alone.

That is your money, providing that you pay taxes, and you probably do. So, you have to cover the cost of the taxes that they do not pay AND give them more of YOUR money through grants at the local/state and federal levels AND then you get to pay more for health care.

So, I find it odd that you wouldn't follow your money.

Heaven forbid that we follow the money.

I love following other peoples money.... just leave mine alone.

That is your money, providing that you pay taxes, and you probably do. So, you have to cover the cost of the taxes that they do not pay AND give them more of YOUR money through grants at the local/state and federal levels AND then you get to pay more for health care.

So, I find it odd that you wouldn't follow your money.

Trust me..i follow my money just fine. :) We are playing a bit of fun with this....

what pisses me off...is the ones who covet my money as their very own.

Wealthy people can afford better healthcare. That is a truism.

No matter where you are in the world that is so.

My question is for people who support universal/government health care ... is there a limit for you in what you would make available to everybody. There are always going to be expensive procedures which wealthy people can afford but which poorer people don't have access to, right?

If wealthy people can afford it, do you think the populace should be taxed until we've all somehow given enough so that everyone can have it?

I guess I'm in favor of "death panels" so-to-speak. (That was very unfortunate language which my side chose to use about something which I think would have to exist.) There has to be an upper limit on the level of care which is considered universal. There are all sorts of exotic and expensive treatments which could be available but we just can't afford to do it for everyone.

I know this is an old conversation for most of you. I haven't really given much thought to universal healthcare. I've basically been against it on general small-government and "we can't afford everything" principles since the 1980's.

My mother died of complications to a liver transplant and it was all so very expensive that for myself I thought I would choose no transplant if it ever came to that for me. But as I get older ... and as my husband gets older ... I view some things differently.

So ... if you are generally inclined toward some sort of universal / government health care, I'd like to know what it means to you. How great of care you think should be universal and what your sense of the limitations are.

So please humor me. If this subject is boring to you, pass by it. If you have something worthwhile to add, I'd appreciate it.
they can afford nicer cars too !! does that mean everybody should get a nicer car ??

amelia had a fairly good thread going with some pretty good discussions on it, until meister n syrenn hijacked it! :eek:

Doesn't matter how you structure HC payments.

HC is going to be rationed.

It is now, and it will be regardless of who pays for it.

Forum List

Back