We Trade Our Lives For Money

Ironic thread title for an empty shell who thinks that money = life.

Apropos that his favorite TV program is "Alone." :lol:
It's true I'm very materialistic. That little boat, my pontoon, my quad, my ebike. These things make me happy. But I wouldn't enjoy them without friends and family.

I forgot to add it is completely capable of going off the grid too.

Shoot ... You can set up in the desert, fire up the generator (bought separate), grill something to eat ...
Pull out the satellite receiver (bought separately), watch the football game outside under the canopy ...
Then go take a shower before you go to bed.

You can buy solar panels for it and it already has the hook-ups.

I would probably hot spot using my phone to get internet connection.

I probably would forgo the generator. Sell me on it.

How do you shower? It has a shower?

My buddy has an old sailboat in California. Sails out in the ocean you can't even see shore. How do they shower? You get 1 bottle of water. So they've been swimming in the ocean all day and they have salty bodies. They pour half the bottle in a plastic tarp. you lay in it and splash around. Then stand up and soap your body and shampoo your hair. Empty the dirty water off the tarp. Lay back in the tarp, body and hair full of soap and pour the other half of the water on your hair and then splash around to get the soap off your body. I'd probably insist on another bottle of water to finish the job. Can't stand having soap still on me after a shower.

Don't get me wrong ... It's not the Hilton.
You have to learn how to do all kinds of things.

The showers you take are still basically the same as if you're on a boat.
You get wet, turn the showerhead off, soap up, wash your hairs, then turn the water back on to rinse off.

It also requires simple maintenance and stuff I am pretty sure you can handle.
Still ... It is very comfortable.

Have fun taking the fam to Wally World in the station wagon all to find out it's closed due to Covid restrictions.
1643732071301.png

I probably would forgo the generator. Sell me on it.

Since the RV isn't large, it doesn't pull a lot of juice, like others do.
You can get by with a nice generator that can do the job for a reasonable price.

Champion makes one that will more than do the job and runs quieter than most on the market.
I would link you right to it ... But I am not really selling you anything.

Just look around and you will find what you need, something in your range as far as price and quality.
You might have to move a little around, but you have enough money.

R-Pod 180

View attachment 595641

Full bathroom in the back with standalone features.
Television and all the different ways to connect ... Including an antenna if you need to use that.
Central air hot or cold ... Indoor/Outdoor Stereo, Stove, Microwave, Fridge, Queen Sized Bed ... Plenty of room inside.

A Nissan Armada can haul it in the mountains.
20-21 foot ... Light, easy to maneuver, and will follow your vehicle like it is part of it.

I bought one for 14k at a place in Sherman, Texas.
Catch them at the right time when they are changing models ...
And they will sell it to you below cost just to get it off the lot.

Your F-150 will haul it.

Not A Paid Advertisement

The R-Pods are great campers. We have seen several at campgrounds.

Which, by the way, is a great way to get the best info on a variety of campers. Go camp in a campground. You'll see all sorts of campers and the people usually love to talk about them.

You can get by with a nice generator that can do the job for a reasonable price.

Champion makes one that will more than do the job and runs quieter than most on the market.

Just look around and you will find what you need, something in your range as far as price and quality.

You can also buy solar cells that mount on the top. They generate enough to keep batteries charged and power most stuff. Not fulltime A/C, but other than that.

You can also buy solar cells that mount on the top. They generate enough to keep batteries charged and power most stuff. Not fulltime A/C, but other than that.

Oh yeah ... The external hook-ups are already there and wired into the main.

Last edited:
The R-Pods are great campers. We have seen several at campgrounds.

Which, by the way, is a great way to get the best info on a variety of campers. Go camp in a campground. You'll see all sorts of campers and the people usually love to talk about them.

I never thought about one because I thought they cost too much.
Then there was a trip I wanted to take with friends and needed one myself.

There's an app that will put you in touch with owners who will rent you their RV for a week or so.

I rented an R-Pod from a guy in Lafayette, took it to the mountains, spent a week in it, had a blast ...
Came home, looked online for the cheapest one I could find in a 300-mile radius ... And bought one ... :auiqs.jpg:

Edit:
They come with different floorplans.
I chose a floor plan different than the one I rented, but because I knew what I wanted to change about it.

Last edited:

Looks like you're talking $1000. Even if it's $2000 it sounds like it's worth it if you are mentioning it. I was just thinking I'd have some kind of propane bbq in the back and enough power on the truck I can plug some things in. I said, "sell me on a generator" like I was wondering if it's a no brainer.

Like with my Ebike. Buy a 2nd battery. The bike cost $1500 the extra battery is $500. But 1 battery doesn't go far enough so having a second battery is a must imo.

Looks like you're talking $1000. Even if it's $2000 it sounds like it's worth it if you are mentioning it. I was just thinking I'd have some kind of propane bbq in the back and enough power on the truck I can plug some things in. I said, "sell me on a generator" like I was wondering if it's a no brainer.

Like with my Ebike. Buy a 2nd battery. The bike cost $1500 the extra battery is $500. But 1 battery doesn't go far enough so having a second battery is a must imo.

There's an external hook-up for the propane grill on the tongue and the side of the RV under the canopy.

There are also direct USB ports on the wall next to the sink for charging small stuff ...
Next to the slide-out controls, thermostat, as well as gauges for the freshwater, greywater, blackwater tanks and the battery.
The kitchen is on the slide-out in my floorplan.

Oh, the fridge will also run on propane if you need it to.

Last edited:

There's an external hook-up for the propane grill on the tongue and the side of the RV under the canopy.

There are also direct USB ports on the wall next to the sink for charging small stuff ...
Next to the slide-out controls, thermostat, as well as gauges for the freshwater, greywater, blackwater tanks and the battery.
The kitchen is on the slide-out in my floorplan.

Oh, the fridge will also run on propane if you need it to.

Is this it?

1643750809481.png

That's what someone who doesn't have shit says.

Is it wrong for us to talk about our toys? Do you look down on people who own yachts and condo's in exotic places and talk about it? I love hearing about the cool shit other people have. What do you have? Nothing?

Then you for sure trade your life for money. You say you coach because you love it but do you notice there aren't a lot of millionaires who waste their time coaching wrestling? How many coaches are doing it for free? If they are, watch out. I'd be worried about why a grown man is wrestling underage boys for free.

1643751201199.png

Please don't tell us if you hit the lotto you would still be coaching those kids and living in that dump you call a home. Why would you buy a bigger and better home? Are you, MATERIALISTIC? Or will you buy it and just not tell us. Because if you tell us, you're bragging, and sad.

Everything. Everything a man really needs.
Needs? You needy mother fucker. So you are one of those guys who has to be married. If next month you were no longer married how long would it take for you to marry again? And what would you do? If you need a wife what will you do when you don’t have one?

My mom died 6 years ago. My dad is still depressed and won’t leave the house. Who needs that? It’s sweet he loves my mom that much but it has ruined his life. Not even kids or grandkids make him happy. You sound like my dad.

Oh, and if you really have kids, which I doubt you do, but if you do, of course you NEED a wife.

Everything. Everything a man really needs.
When we were poor growing up we had everything we needed but we were poor. If having everything we needed was enough why did we go to college? Because we wanted to make and have more.

Not my fault you went to college and ended up with a blue collar wages type job. You knew you would not have the finer things in life on a public school teachers job right?

You lazy mother fucker. You wanted summers off. Well, you got them. Too bad you have to find a summer job to pay rent. Rent? Mortgage? I have neither.

Sometimes it’s not about what you need it’s what you don’t need. Like a mortgage.

You lazy mother fucker. You wanted summers off. Well, you got them. Too bad you have to find a summer job to pay rent. Rent? Mortgage? I have neither.

Taking a moment in defense of teachers ... More specifically the probably 65% of my closet friends that are teachers ...
If you put me in a room full of 25 children for more than an hour ... I would probably have nightmares about it.

But more to the point about money ... I have noticed something about the families of my teacher friends.
If your spouse is a teacher ... The risk involved in starting your own business, or just risking more with your career ... Is more than cut in half.

When you are making moves ... Your spouse has a steady guaranteed income, and you won't starve to death looking for the sweet spot.
It isn't as hard to end up in the Top 20% that way.

I know a young lady that is still teaching school, and her and her husband have millions in assets and investments.
She's a kindergarten teacher too ... I damn sure couldn't do that.
I would be duct taping those poor babies to the wall ... "Stay ... Where's your mama because she's going have to come get you."

Last edited:
Trade in your hours for a handful of dimes......

I never worked for money. I worked to achieve financial independence.

Forum List

Back