We the People launches

Well, I started a petition last night and signed Conservatives, this morning going straight to the petitions I still see 2 signatures on his and one on mine.

Also I notice that you cannot look down the list and find them once you sign them. At least I hope that's what it is. It's still wrong.

What worries me is where this site now shows the minds of we the people are. The most popular subject is legalizing marijuana. If this is the most important thing that the people want the Whitehouse to look at, then we as a country won't be here much longer.....

Well, I started a petition last night and signed Conservatives, this morning going straight to the petitions I still see 2 signatures on his and one on mine.

Also I notice that you cannot look down the list and find them once you sign them. At least I hope that's what it is. It's still wrong.

What worries me is where this site now shows the minds of we the people are. The most popular subject is legalizing marijuana. If this is the most important thing that the people want the Whitehouse to look at, then we as a country won't be here much longer.....

That web site is screwed up. I registered last night, and still haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail.

That web site is screwed up. I registered last night, and still haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail.

the petitions do not show up publicly until they have a few hundred signatures. I saw that when I set mine up. You have to push it out there,... Twitter, emails, message boards, etc. Once you get those first 200 or so (I forget the exact number it mentioned) then the petition will show on the main listing.

I guess it's an attempt to keep people from bogging the site down with useless petitions.

the petitions do not show up publicly until they have a few hundred signatures. I saw that when I set mine up. You have to push it out there,... Twitter, emails, message boards, etc. Once you get those first 200 or so (I forget the exact number it mentioned) then the petition will show on the main listing.

I guess it's an attempt to keep people from bogging the site down with useless petitions.

If that's true then it's a waste of time for an individual and will only work for an organization. If you can't look at the list then you can't find the little things you may agree with. I can post here and show 25 or 30 people who may read this thread and maybe 3 will sign, I can post on my Facebook, which I have for both petitions and show another 50 people of which probably none will sign. (Few of my facebook friends and family care about politics). I can also post it on my American Legion FB page and another 5 people may see it, Few of the older guys use computers. And most of them won't want to register their names at the White House......

That doesn't surprise me, alot of people want that crap legalized.

I think its a reflection on the generation who is embracing this format (ie youngins). As the site stabilizes it will either be embraced as a serious tool or not. That is when I will join and perhaps contribute.

The need for contributors to push their agendas makes sense to me. Either the author is willing to push the content and garner support or the initiative will not be taken seriously. Those of us who haven't joined the twitter/face/myshpace/meebo/ worlds were not the target users for this tool.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/repeal-patient-protection-and-affordable-care-act-and-pass-law-can-really-improve-care-and-reduce/pxL7v9KD

Repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and pass a law that can really improve care and reduce the deficit

This is a petition to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and prompt congress to pass (and the President to sign) a truly bipartisan health care reform law that can actually achieve the goals of improved healthcare, lower cost, and reduced deficits.

Please sign this important petition on We the People. Thank you.

I signed. I'm only the 3rd so far.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/repeal-patient-protection-and-affordable-care-act-and-pass-law-can-really-improve-care-and-reduce/pxL7v9KD

Repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and pass a law that can really improve care and reduce the deficit

Please sign this important petition on We the People. Thank you.

I signed. I'm only the 3rd so far.

thanks.

It doesnt show on the site yet, not until it gets a few hundred signatures. Essentially, if you put up a petition, you have to push it yourself for a bit ti get traction, THEN they make it visible. Not a bad idea I guess... keeps the crap ones off anyway.

Right now, ths site is down...

Our Apologies....

The site is currently undergoing maintenance. We appreciate your patience while we make some improvements.

Please check back soon.

How much of our financial issue could we square away if marijuana was legal, and therefore taxed?

How many less people would be in prison for penny-ante shit re: Possession?

It's stupid NOT to legalize it.

How much of our financial issue could we square away if marijuana was legal, and therefore taxed?

How many less people would be in prison for penny-ante shit re: Possession?

It's stupid NOT to legalize it.

The only thing stupid here is you.

Smoking Marijuana Doubles Risk of Fatal Accidents
Jun 18 2011
Driving after smoking even a small amount of marijuana almost doubles the risk of a fatal highway accident, according to an extensive study of 10,748 drivers involved in fatal crashes between 2001 and 2003.
The researchers estimated that at least 2.5 percent of the 10,748 fatal crashes studied were directly caused by the use of marijuana.

The researchers concluded that the risk of being responsible for a fatal crash increased as the blood concentration of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, increased. Even small amounts of marijuana could double the chance of a driver suffering an accident, researchers said, and larger doses could more than triple the risk.

Tell the families of the 215 people in the above example that it's just stupid not to legalize pot.

And I can't get on the site. Too busy.

We the People is easy to use. Here's how it works:

Create or Sign a Petition: Anyone 13 or older can create or sign a petition on WhiteHouse.gov asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range issues.
Build Support and Gather Signatures for your Petition: It's up to you to build support for a petition. Use email, Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth to tell your friends, family and coworkers about the petitions you care about.
The White House Reviews and Responds: If a petition reaches 5,000 within 30 days, it will be reviewed by a standing group of White House officials, referred to any other relevant policymakers and an official response will be issued.
The idea of petitioning the White House or the government isn't new, but this tool is. The White House has never tried anything like this before, and as a result, we'll probably have to make some adjustments as we go. As we do, we'll keep you posted on the White House blog.

So think about an issue you care about, who you can reach out to join you, and get started:

http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/Petitions

P.S. Help spread the word about this new tool by forwarding this email to anyone else who would find We the People interesting.

I'm asking him to resign.. like NOW. Oh wait, that leaves us with Biden.

This is so rich! It could be Obama's trademark! His programs don't work, his ideas don't work, his bundlers don't work, and neither does his icon for his website!

When are you idiots going to figure out that your masters don't give a flying fuck what YOU think ?:cuckoo:

Maybe dem black slaves should have sent letters too............and would have wound up on the end of a rope........like you might--soon enough.

Is this like the promise that everything will be done out in the open,on CNN....
Can I start a petition that asks that this administration stops screwing everything up so much?

Is this like the promise that everything will be done out in the open,on CNN....
Can I start a petition that asks that this administration stops screwing everything up so much?

You can do that.......... I might even sign it.......... For all the good it will do.........

Forum List

Back