CDZ WE the people have a significant number of rights that should not be violated

Most people can't afford college any more.
When I went to college, in-state was $100/semester.
Now is it more like $15,000.
That is an increase by a factor of 150, when inflation has only increased by a factor of about 5.

I invested in my kids.
That is not the point.
The point is this generation is angry, have a right to be angry, and are going to burn things down if we do not start to play fair.

And your answer essentially was "let them eat cake".
Good luck with that.
If they do start burning things down, I will be on their side.
so youre saying whats fair is to point a gun at me and make me pay for their college when they and their parents were to lazy to do it,,,

no reason to ask why we have a 2nd amendment after that statement,,

Government can implement more than just rights.
For example, schools, roads, post office, etc.
One could claim those infringe on your rights if you don't want them and don't want to pay for them.
But government can do it anyway, because they know better than you do what is important to everyone.

We are a representative, democratic, republic, but we can also use pooled resources like tax money for quality of life improvements as well as rights, as long as they are reasonably fair.
government doesnt grant rights they can only pass laws and what can be voted for can be voted against and isnt a right,,

and for the last time we are a constitutional republic,,,

That is an increase by a factor of 150, when inflation has only increased by a factor of about 5.

I invested in my kids.
That is not the point.
The point is this generation is angry, have a right to be angry, and are going to burn things down if we do not start to play fair.

And your answer essentially was "let them eat cake".
Good luck with that.
If they do start burning things down, I will be on their side.

How much "free money" was available to you when you went to college?

Economics much?

government doesnt grant rights they can only pass laws and what can be voted for can be voted against and isnt a right,,

and for the last time we are a constitutional republic,,,

Just as it is with the OP, this individual has absolutely no clue as to what the word "rights" -properly defined- means.

"Education" in this nation is the greatest unforced disaster of our time.

I still don't get the conception of goods and services as rights. Let's take one from the list: "Advanced Education for ALL".

Setting aside the ambiguity of what constitutes an "advanced education", how do we determine if this right has been violated? If I can't afford to pay for college, who is violating my rights? The college? The other students? How does it work?

I still don't get the conception of goods and services as rights. Let's take one from the list: "Advanced Education for ALL".

Setting aside the ambiguity of what constitutes an "advanced education", how do we determine if this right has been violated? If I can't afford to pay for college, who is violating my rights? The college? The other students? How does it work?
Special pleading is always That.

This is what we are considering:

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

Citizens have a right to:
= Social Security Insurance
= Medicare for ALL Insurance
No you don't. These are entitlements.
You have them because the state gives them to you, and the state can modify them or take them away at any time.
Thus, they are privileges.
= Advanced Education for ALL
See above.
= job growth and/or entrepreneurship
You have the right to -work- for these things; you have no right to have them provided to you.
= Public Education backed with plenty of tutors for online education
= Maternity Leave
= Sustainable Living Wage if we want to reduce food assistance
See "entitlements", above.
= Clean Water
= Clean Air
= Cleaner Energy
If you pay for them.
= To Demand and Prosecute Inside Traders no matter what
You have the right to "demand" anything you want.
You do not have the right to have it given to you, just because you demand it.
= Have A Right To Be Free of Politicians Forcing Their Private Agendas On All In America
Except when Democrats do it, of course.
= How about the right in keeping politics out of health care issues such as Pandemics ?
Especailly when the state orders people to wear mask and get vaccinated - right?

And you missed one:
= own and posses, unhindered by the state, an AR15 and a cartridge box full of loaded 30-rd magazines.

Last edited:
Getting money for nothing is now a right, is it?

I have a better idea. People should turn themselves into adults instead of children by contributing to society instead of only wanting to take from it.
The working people have given all they can give and now both sides of the fight are starting to believe that it's time for America to include them in sharing the wealth. Trump's supporters are motivated by that need.

The American working class will eventually come together as a force to be reckoned with but it's still uncertain on what leader they will choose.

I think Trump has a good chance of coming out on top, mostly due to Biden's impending failure to deliver.

Do you envision a clash between the extremes of both sides or do you see some kind of peaceful resolution on what will be America's future?

But not willing to admit it outright.
Of course not.
Liberal narrative > intellectual honesty

This is why he refuses to admit the TX abortion law is constitutional.
This is why he lies about the filibuster being using primarily by Republicans.
This is why he refuses to admit self-defense is not the only use of a firearm protected by the constitution.

He's a known liar.

everyone does have equal opportunity.

How?
I could not afford an expensive college, so had to go in-state.
I could not get a phd because I could not afford it.
I only got a 3.5 gpa because I had to work to pay a mortgage while commuting to a college 100 miles away.
I got it down to 4 days a week and slept in my van for 3 of those 4 days.
People who inherit money have an obvious advantage they do not have a right to.

How?
I could not afford an expensive college, so had to go in-state.
I could not get a phd because I could not afford it.
I only got a 3.5 gpa because I had to work to pay a mortgage while commuting to a college 100 miles away.
I got it down to 4 days a week and slept in my van for 3 of those 4 days.
People who inherit money have an obvious advantage they do not have a right to.
sounds like you had equal opportunities to me,,

Forum List

Back