We need a NEW symbol of Southern Pride

Why does the South need a separate symbol? Are they trying to secede again?

Because they do. Why are you threatened by it?

Because those who have co-opted that symbol (white supremacists) literally threaten me and mine.

If you're not part of that, I'm sorry that your flag has been hijacked.

You are supporting the attempt of those fringe haters to co-opt a symbol of regional pride.

YOu are working with them, right now.

You want to marginalize any Southern White who feels any regional pride, and so do the white supremacists.

Both of you want them OUT of the political mainstream.

Both of you want to tear this nation apart.

I reject that.

The Civil War was long ago. The wounds are long and well healed over.

Part of that was accepting, even supporting and joining in, the South's celebration of their regional pride and heritage.

You are tearing this nation apart.

Way to deflect. Here's an idea; clean your own house.

Because those who have co-opted that symbol (white supremacists) literally threaten me and mine.

You are supporting the attempt of those fringe haters to co-opt a symbol of regional pride.

You want to marginalize any Southern White who feels any regional pride, and so do the white supremacists.

I reject that.

Part of that was accepting, even supporting and joining in, the South's celebration of their regional pride and heritage.

1. Deflection? I directly and clearly and seriously and honestly addressed your point.

2. MY HOUSE? I'm not the one who's goals in this coincides with David Duke's.

Please read my serious reply to your previous post again, and actually respond to it, this time. This is no deflection.

I reject that.

I reject that.

1. Deflection? I directly and clearly and seriously and honestly addressed your point.

Please read my serious reply to your previous post again, and actually respond to it, this time. This is no deflection.

I reject that.

Yeah, my post still stands. You don't like the answer.

I reject that.

I reject that.

Yeah, my post still stands. You don't like the answer.

I addressed your post.

I sense a pattern developing.....

Where you don't reply seriously or honesty to my posts? Yeah, I see it too.

I've pointed out that your goals in this coincide with those of the Nazis, and you have not addressed that.

I sense a pattern developing.....

Where you don't reply seriously or honesty to my posts? Yeah, I see it too.

I've pointed out that your goals in this coincide with those of the Nazis, and you have not addressed that.

I don't engage toddlers who are having tantrums, either. It's useless.

I'm not angry. Until your toddler comment, you've been civil and decent.

I don't get angry just because someone has a different opinion then me.

My point about your goals, and the Nazis' might be unpleasant reading for you, but I did not phrase it as an insult and did not mean it as such.

It seems you need time to consider the ramification of that.

WHy don't you give it a day, and come back after you come up with a reasoned response?

The South wants a distinguishing symbol. They are clinging to an old, racist flag, mainly for non-racist reasons. Everybody wants to ban that flag. Fine. Give the South a replacement. Nobody is seceding.

You cant replace history and if I was from the south Id be offended with "find a replacement". Its reminds me of... why cant blacks just be Americans why African- Americans. How you identify yourself makes me uncomfortable.

Forum List

Back