We need a Convention of States to amend the U.S. Constitution. What amendments do you support?

What constitutional amendments would you like to put up for the Convention of States to consider?

• Election Reform, only US citizens, ID required, signature matching, mail-in by excuse only, etc.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Balanced Budget required, w/o using SS funds, unless in time of declared war,

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • To ensure that apportionment of Representatives be set by counting only citizens

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • To make the filibuster in the Senate a part of the Constitution

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • To allow the President a "line item veto"

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • To guarantee the right to use the word "God" in the Pledge of Allegiance and the national motto

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • To set mandatory retirement ages for House/Senate/Supreme Court Justices.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Social Security must be made whole, i.e. "fixed" and only those who contributed can get benefits

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • New one, see my post

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Anchor babies. You talk about Chinese and Russian anchor babies...what about the 30M squatemalan orcs that hop the border and shit out a roach egg that immediately becomes a new American citizen?
Exactly. IMHO illegals should not be able to make an American. Then they have a legal ticket themselves.

Howa about an Amendment that allows States to leave the Union? It may not end up what they like, but it may also.

Howa about an Amendment that allows States to leave the Union? It may not end up what they like, but it may also.

Amazing how many of you focus on all the wrong things.

Instead of improving the Constitution to bring it into the 21st Century, you’re focusing on stupid shit birthright citizenship and voter ID.

Your obsession with illegal voting is the biggest waste of time and energy in the world.

People are not coming to your country to vote against Republicans. Every other nation in the world is making it easier for their citizens to vote not more difficult.

The American republican party is afraid of Americans voting. Perhaps they should consider getting a platform that doesn’t impoverish their voters.

Thought of another one: The Supreme Court shall not have more than nine justices.
That should end any discussion of "court packing".

The U.S. Constitution can be amended two ways, either by 2/3 votes in the House and Senate, or by a Convention of States where 3/4 of the States must ratify new amendments for the new amendment to pass. So if in 2022 or 2024 the GOP can get 38 state legislatures they can amend the US Constitution. Not an impossible task.
The US president has no say in either of the amendment processes.

The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. None of the 27 amendments to the Constitution have been proposed by constitutional convention. The Congress proposes an amendment in the form of a joint resolution. Since the President does not have a constitutional role in the amendment process, the joint resolution does not go to the White House for signature or approval. The original document is forwarded directly to NARA's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) for processing and publication. The OFR adds legislative history notes to the joint resolution and publishes it in slip law format. The OFR also assembles an information package for the States which includes formal "red-line" copies of the joint resolution, copies of the joint resolution in slip law format, and the statutory procedure for ratification under 1 U.S.C. 106b.

A proposed amendment becomes part of the Constitution as soon as it is ratified by three-fourths of the States (38 of 50 States). When the OFR verifies that it has received the required number of authenticated ratification documents, it drafts a formal proclamation for the Archivist to certify that the amendment is valid and has become part of the Constitution. This certification is published in the Federal Register and U.S. Statutes at Large and serves as official notice to the Congress and to the Nation that the amendment process has been completed.

So what new amendments would you support? I'll start the ball rolling with a few in a poll.

I support a new amendment that states ALL men are created equal, with no racial exceptions: as in the current provision that says Blacks will be considered 3/5ths human. (make sense?)

Another lie. Prove what you say.

Just stop with accusing everyone you disagree of "lying". It makes you look stupid, which at this point is almost a given with Trumpists.

Your problem with corruption has nothing to do with term limits and everything to do with election financing. Your system is set up to require politicians to fund raise right from day one to win re-election. Those with money, like PAC's and lobbyists, are a requirement to the system.

It doesn't matter how long people are in office, if being in office is a setup to corrupt them.

I feel very strongly that there should be an Amendment that says that Congress' power is limited to exactly what is set forth in Article One, and all other powers are reserved to the states and the people.

I think that would be very helpful.
I suppose you have never read the 10th Amendment? Everyone ignores it, which is why we have so much BS in our federal government.

Another Amendment s NOT required.

States are states. They can handle themselves...or not ?
The US corp need to be eliminated completely... except for a few folks with DA CODE, In case some scumbags want to dance.
The other meatheads can quit fucking whores and doing drugs all over the world and come home to build shit with YOUR tax dollars, each group controlled by the states directors

I support a new amendment that states ALL men are created equal, with no racial exceptions: as in the current provision that says Blacks will be considered 3/5ths human. (make sense?)
Failed high school civics, did you? The 3/5th representation requirement went away with ratification of the 14th Amendment. Perhaps you should go back to high school and learn what you missed by sleeping in class.

The amendments in the OP will never be agreed to by the democrats. That's why I'm suggesting that we need a convention of states.

I agree with the repeal of the 14th amendment, which is the basis for "anchor babies" from Russia and China.
Only US citizens should be able to make a US citizen.
Those same type of libtards run the state legislatures, so you will never accomplish any of your goals.

Same as now, the courts would need to enforce the laws as written.
So far no one has said any of the proposed amendments are "unconstitutional". That's good.
I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Many are already in the Constitution also. I suggest you read it.

As an example,

To guarantee the right to use the word "God" in the Pledge of Allegiance and the national motto​

Is a direct violation of the 1st Amendment, regarding freedom of religion. What you have in that proposal is an infringement of the establishment clause.

Voting is a guaranteed right that no state can deny any citizen for any reason.

Any state can pass and enforce restrictions on firearms possession.

No filibuster shall be allowed on an legislation, and all laws can only be passed through regular order.

The congress or any state shall pass any law based upon any religious belief whatsoever, and any state legislator that attempts to pass such a law shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by a minimum of 5 years imprisonment, $100,000 or both.

The congress or any state shall pass any laws denying the right of a woman to induce medial abortion, and any state legislator that attempts to pass such a law shall be guilty of a felony punishable by a minimum of 10 yrars imprisonment, $1,000,000 or both.

Congress or any state shall pass any law denying the rights of its cutizens to form organized labor parties.

Bribery or any political donation above $10 Shall be deemed a felony punishable by a minimum of 10 yeats imprisonment. And anyone recieving any such donation shall be guilty of the sane
That's a nice collection of proposals that almost all violate the current Constitution.

Proportional Representation for the House, changing the Senate to something useful, changing the presidency, either getting rid of it so it's like the German system, or changing it so it's a multi elected body like Congress. Switzerland has a good system with 7 people on the executive and one is chosen to be head of state for a bit. There are plenty of possibilities, like electing heads of departments who deal with their own part and interact with Congress, like foreign affairs, education, etc etc.

The House already has proportional representation, moron!

Nice collection of idiocy you have there!

Go right ahead if you can get it done. No convention is required, dumbass!

You want to take away equal protection and the right to vote? You are a moron!
Slow your roll poop deck before I have you peelin potatoes for the whole fleet!

The only people who should be permitted to vote are business, land owners, or those who can show a specific amount of real investment in either.

If we went back to such a system the interests of this nation would be PRIMARY in the minds of voters.

Last edited:
Perhaps I missed it glancing through the replies here but from what I see from the lack of its mention in the thread is that all the pissing and moaning about the Congress' ability to set the number of Sumpreme Court justices was rather insincere.

Forum List

Back