We haven't found aliens because they're aren't any

I've had two sightings (one an encounter) with UFOs and know better than to think we're not being visited. Visited for what? WATER. I'm of the belief they regularly visit our lakes and oceans to fuel up with h2o. A third event involved the "Phoenix Lights" massive craft that slowly drifted over the city and was seen by thousands including the governor.

My close encounter happened in the early 90's when night fishing on a deserted lake. I was lit up from above by a hovering aircraft that made no noise. My outboard motor quit and after a few minutes I realized I was SMILING up at it so hard my jaws started to ache. I was scared shitless because there was nobody around. I grabbed the oars and paddled as hard as I could back toward my landing, refusing to look at whatever it was in the sky. Almost the moment I hit the cement of the boat ramp, a wind kicked up raising 3 foot waves. I took it as sign I'd gotten away from something by the skin of me teeth. :eusa_shifty:

I've been reading on this subject since I first heard of Roswell when I was a kid, and over the years I've gone back and forth on my position.

Recently finished a book Santa brought me. It's Encounter in Rendlesham Forest, by Nick Post (Thomas Dunne Books). It details the events that took place over three nights in a British forest situated between two neighboring US Air Force bases back in 1980. It's pretty fascinating stuff for anyone who's interested in the subject.

Not just because of Encounter, but I'm currently among those who believe some advanced life form exists and they're able to drop in at will.

This seems to be the new thought of many scientists, and I keep hearing it more and more.

I get the idea that a planets environmental hostility makes it nearly impossible for life forms to survive long enough to evolve into technological beings, but the idea that it has only happened here seems crazy to me.
They acknowledge the universe is likely filled with habitable planets. It's as if they are using that likliehood as a way of concluding there must not be any life out there, in other words, since there are likely habitable planets throughout, why aren't we finding life ? Life must be a complete fluke.
The conclusion then is to say we must be the only ones.

"What happened here was a fluke - and is highly unlikely to have happened elsewhere", the researchers say.

We Haven’t Found Aliens Because They’re All Already Dead, Scientists Say

The reason there has never been a confirmed sighting of an alien - or a message from an alien race - could be very depressing.
The reason we haven’t heard from aliens is because they’re all already dead, a new study has suggested.
Researchers from Australian National University suggest that the environments on early planets tend to be so hostile that even when life arises, it is quickly exterminated.
‘The Universe is probably filled with habitable planets, so many scientists think it should be teeming with aliens,’ said Aditya Chopra from the Australian National University.
‘Early life is fragile, so we believe it rarely evolves quickly enough to survive.’
‘Most early planetary environments are unstable. To produce a habitable planet, life forms need to regulate greenhouse gases such as water and carbon dioxide to keep surface temperatures stable.’’

This is what they actually said:
a new study has suggested.

To right wingers, that's fact.

We can see like 400 million trillion suns but ours is the ONLY one with life? That makes sense.

We have life and we have the GOP. Or as they liked to be called, "The Walking Dead".

We have life and we have the GOP. Or as they liked to be called, "The Walking Dead".

th

Aliens have been reading message boards, laughing themselves silly, and putting a big quarantine perimeter around our system.

If they like Earth like it is and have no malice toward us I don't care how often they come and go. We got the "stealth" technology somewhere....some say the skunk-works where it was developed actually reverse-engineered a crashed spacecraft from Roswell. I believe they'd only intercede with us if a nuclear exchange started between us and the Ivans or Chinese. That would interfere with our atmosphere and they probably couldn't abide that if our water is what they come here for.

This seems to be the new thought of many scientists, and I keep hearing it more and more.

I get the idea that a planets environmental hostility makes it nearly impossible for life forms to survive long enough to evolve into technological beings, but the idea that it has only happened here seems crazy to me.
They acknowledge the universe is likely filled with habitable planets. It's as if they are using that likliehood as a way of concluding there must not be any life out there, in other words, since there are likely habitable planets throughout, why aren't we finding life ? Life must be a complete fluke.

"What happened here was a fluke - and is highly unlikely to have happened elsewhere", the researchers say.

The reason there has never been a confirmed sighting of an alien - or a message from an alien race - could be very depressing.
The reason we haven’t heard from aliens is because they’re all already dead, a new study has suggested.
Researchers from Australian National University suggest that the environments on early planets tend to be so hostile that even when life arises, it is quickly exterminated.
‘The Universe is probably filled with habitable planets, so many scientists think it should be teeming with aliens,’ said Aditya Chopra from the Australian National University.
‘Early life is fragile, so we believe it rarely evolves quickly enough to survive.’
‘Most early planetary environments are unstable. To produce a habitable planet, life forms need to regulate greenhouse gases such as water and carbon dioxide to keep surface temperatures stable.’’

Ignoring your piss poor grammar, there aren't any aliens from outer space in our neck of the woods because they haven't arrived. Yet.

Good Morning darling, I'm not usually on until my evening, your afternoon.

You know, I simply don't think there are aliens, although I love the 1951 original of "The Day The Earth Stood Still", also the 1956 original of "Invasion of The Body-Snatchers".

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good morning !!
Those movies were great, always loved "The Day The Earth Stood Still".

Yes, even though I'm young, I prefer the old films, much more character and depth to them!

From the Arizona desert
To the Salisbury Plain
Lights on the horizon
Patterns on the grain
Anxious eyes turned upward
Clutching souvenirs
Carrying our highest hopes and our darkest fears

They swear there was an accident back in '47
Little man with a great big head
Splattered down from heaven
Government conspiracy; cover-ups and lies
Hidden in the desert under endless skies

Well, it's a cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, cold
Post, postmodern world
No time for heroes, no place for good guys
No room for Rocky The Flying Squirrel

They're not here, they're not coming
Not in a million years
Turn your weary eyes back homeward
Stop your trembling, dry your tears
You may see the heavens flashing
You may hear the cosmos humming
But I promise you, my brother

Would they pile into the saucer
Find Orlando's rat and hug it?
Go screaming through the universe
Just to get McNuggets?
Well, I don't think so, I don't think so
It's much too dangerous, it's much too strange
Here in a world that won't give Oprah no home on the range

Post, postmodern world
No authenticity, no sign of soul
The radio won't play George and Merle

Not in a million years
'Til we put away our hatred
'Til we lay aside our fears
But I promise you, my sister

To this garden we were given
And always took for granted
It's like my daddy told me, "You just bloom where you're planted."
Now you long to be delivered
From this world of pain and strife
That's a sorry substitution for a spiritual life

[Solo]

Post, postmodern world
No place for sentiment, no room for romance
Bring back the Duke of Earl

Not in a million years
Turn your hopes back homeward
Hold your children, dry their tears

Not in a million years
And lay aside our fears

What's the universe, 13 or so billion years old?

Countless civilizations could have long since come and gone, countless more on the way.

Countless more far too far away for us to ever know about, no matter how far technology advances.

Indeed. Just look at Detroit.

From the Arizona desert
To the Salisbury Plain
Lights on the horizon
Patterns on the grain
Anxious eyes turned upward
Clutching souvenirs
Carrying our highest hopes and our darkest fears

They swear there was an accident back in '47
Little man with a great big head
Splattered down from heaven
Government conspiracy; cover-ups and lies
Hidden in the desert under endless skies

Post, postmodern world
No time for heroes, no place for good guys
No room for Rocky The Flying Squirrel

Not in a million years
Turn your weary eyes back homeward
Stop your trembling, dry your tears

Would they pile into the saucer
Find Orlando's rat and hug it?
Go screaming through the universe
Just to get McNuggets?
Well, I don't think so, I don't think so
It's much too dangerous, it's much too strange
Here in a world that won't give Oprah no home on the range

Post, postmodern world
No authenticity, no sign of soul
The radio won't play George and Merle

Not in a million years
'Til we lay aside our fears
But I promise you, my sister

To this garden we were given
And always took for granted
It's like my daddy told me, "You just bloom where you're planted."
Now you long to be delivered
From this world of pain and strife
That's a sorry substitution for a spiritual life

[Solo]

Post, postmodern world
No place for sentiment, no room for romance
Bring back the Duke of Earl

Not in a million years
Turn your hopes back homeward
Hold your children, dry their tears

Not in a million years
And lay aside our fears

I guess this proves who wrote the best Eagles tunes....GLEN FREY!

This is what they actually said:
a new study has suggested.

To right wingers, that's fact.

We can see like 400 million trillion suns but ours is the ONLY one with life? That makes sense.

Did I present it as fact ? No I sure the fuck did not.
My main point in posting this, is that as of the last few years I keep coming across newer research that suggests that the idea that the universe must be teeming with life may now be much less likely.

Ignoring your piss poor grammar, there aren't any aliens from outer space in our neck of the woods because they haven't arrived. Yet.

:fu:

NASA has wasted so much time and resources searching for "life", they need to concentrate on finding natural resources for us to use. There isn't any life in the rest of our solar system. Scientists can't even explain how life ever came into existence from an inorganic universe, much less replicate the process, yet they expect to find life under a rock on Mars or a Saturn moon.

Forum List

Back