We have to put our cat down, but I just can't do it. :(

That's good and I'm hoping that your ex-wife is alive and well,... and had her Rabies shot. XD

Of course you should believe it. Sending prayers and virtual hugs your way,... Incoming!! :smiliehug:
As far as I know she is still alive.

She will fall asleep today at 3:30pm, and be waiting at Rainbow Bridge for us to meet her some day!

Don't make fun of me for such a dream!

I have to believe it! I have to, I have to, I have to believe it, to make it through this sadness! :(
When MrG was "unplugged"...just prior, I told him that I called Mokie (his beloved dog) and Mokie would be waiting for him at the bridge. So nobody would ever laugh at your dream. We all have the same one when we have to do what needs done as you are doing.
I'm sorry, Care4all. I know your pain. It sucks, but you WILL see her again. :smiliehug:

When MrG was "unplugged"...just prior, I told him that I called Mokie (his beloved dog) and Mokie would be waiting for him at the bridge. So nobody would ever laugh at your dream. We all have the same one when we have to do what needs done as you are doing.
I'm sorry, Care4all. I know your pain. It sucks, but you WILL see her again. :smiliehug:
I feel so empty and sad to see her go. My husband has been crying for two days....I've never seen him cry like this, not even when his dad died... She was his best friend....truly was...like dog would be, she went everywhere with him...

I'm a little worried because this has put a lot of stress on him, and we just discovered a month ago, that he has cancer, and he is only one week in to having radiation treatment every day, Mon thru Friday for 8 weeks and he needs to stay mentally strong, to fight his own cancer....

And last week I found out I have Melanoma skin cancer.... I had two moles removed, and the first one came back negative, but the second mole came back at an early stage of melanoma...I have one more suspicious mole to remove...let's hope if it too is melanoma, it is an early stage as well!.

My father has had melanoma for the past 30 years, and is 90 now, so it is surviveable, if you keep up and have moles removed when they show up..... It does run in families of fair skinned people....:(

Anyway, our little baby kitty girl leaving us, and watching her dwindle, has been very stressful, along with our own physical problems.

I will miss my little kitty girl, she was a complete joy for Matt and me the 13 years we had her. It's going to take time for this deep sadness to go away....

I feel so empty and sad to see her go. My husband has been crying for two days....I've never seen him cry like this, not even when his dad died... She was his best friend....truly was...like dog would be, she went everywhere with him...

I'm a little worried because this has put a lot of stress on him, and we just discovered a month ago, that he has cancer, and he is only one week in to having radiation treatment every day, Mon thru Friday for 8 weeks and he needs to stay mentally strong, to fight his own cancer....

And last week I found out I have Melanoma skin cancer.... I had two moles removed, and the first one came back negative, but the second mole came back at an early stage of melanoma...I have one more suspicious mole to remove...let's hope if it too is melanoma, it is an early stage as well!.

My father has had melanoma for the past 30 years, and is 90 now, so it is surviveable, if you keep up and have moles removed when they show up..... It does run in families of fair skinned people....:(

Anyway, our little baby kitty girl leaving us, and watching her dwindle, has been very stressful, along with our own physical problems.

I will miss my little kitty girl, she was a complete joy for Matt and me the 13 years we had her. It's going to take time for this deep sadness to go away....

I'm really sorry about that and prayers headed your way, but has she passed already then or are you guys still upset about the thought of her passing? Just curious since I'm not one hundred percent sure the way this was worded.

Someone told me awhile back that MrG and Evie are now my personal angels. My job was to do what needed done, painful and horrible as it was. I supported MrGs decision to not fight his disease any more, and I was angry Evie followed so soon after.But it soothes me that they are together with all my other fur kids that have passed and they are watching over me. Your kitty will be there for you...and your husband. She WILL come to let you know she is happy, healthy and still with you. The bed that moved all over a sudden, like she jumped up on it. A brush against your leg and nothing is there. Signs. She will give them.

Tell your husband to think about how SHE feels knowing he is still so upset. Sadness. She wants him to fight, to survive, to be happy again. She wants the same for you. Grieve, yes. But now you two have to hold on to each other and know she is right there with you as you do it.

Hugs

I feel jumps on the bed all the time. A soft breeze in a calm room. A brush on my leg or weight on my thighs like one is sitting there wanting a face scratch. A scent of wet dog that is not unpleasant.

When MrGs dog passed some years ago....he cried to, as did I. Dragonflies...thousands of them appeared in the lot next door. Never saw that before. I think it was a sign. Never saw another such site. Ever.

When another passed, a lovebird in a tree...looking at me...then in a flash, disappeared. Did not fly away. Just...faded from sight. Another sign.

MrG is in my head a lot. I wonder what to do with myself and I hear his voice in my head, telling me his opinion.

Little things...that mean alot if you listen, feel, believe.

Wait for it. She will come to you. But first she has to explore her new world so give it a day or a week. Won't be longer than that.

:smiliehug:

I had a cat I named Bob. He was Bob Cat.

He was a tuxedo kitten no more than a couple months old when I found him snuggled against the back door trying to get a little heat. It was near Christmas one year and unusually cold. His right front foot was frostbitten and he limped.

I later found out he was deaf, and a few other problems.

He lived 3 years.

The day I took him to the vet I will never forget. I was asked if I wanted to be with him as he took his last breath. I didn't "want" to, but I had to. I have since understood how important it is for your dying friend to have the person there who they've bonded with during their final moments. I was with him, petting him, talking to him, and give him his head bumps. He died knowing he was loved. All God's creatures deserve someone to mourn them and remember them.

Me too. Thanks for the early morning sobs.:(

Just kidding. Lovely. Yes, animals see things we can't.
When Gracie died, Karma, Pretties and Moki all looked for her. Gracie died at the vets office, during a grand mal seizure...and me telling them to hurry and send her on her way as well. I came home without here. The other 3 looked for her for 5 days...crying, scratching at the door, seeking her out. When I got Gracie's ashes....I opened up the bag and said "Gracie here. Gracie gone" and cried. They all poked their noses in the bag and sniffed a lot, looked at me, and never hunted for her again. But soon after, they were chasing something in the back yard..like they used to when Gracie had the tennis ball. All three...even the cat. They saw what I couldn't, but I was conforted a bit. Took a long time for me to get over her passing. Karma's was the worst. She was the last one to go that I was so close to.

The grief will pass. Not toally, but it will. And waiting for signs takes the edge off too, with joy following soon after once the sign is given.

Me too. Thanks for the early morning sobs.:(

Just kidding. Lovely. Yes, animals see things we can't.
When Gracie died, Karma, Pretties and Moki all looked for her. Gracie died at the vets office, during a grand mal seizure...and me telling them to hurry and send her on her way as well. I came home without here. The other 3 looked for her for 5 days...crying, scratching at the door, seeking her out. When I got Gracie's ashes....I opened up the bag and said "Gracie here. Gracie gone" and cried. They all poked their noses in the bag and sniffed a lot, looked at me, and never hunted for her again. But soon after, they were chasing something in the back yard..like they used to when Gracie had the tennis ball. All three...even the cat. They saw what I couldn't, but I was conforted a bit. Took a long time for me to get over her passing. Karma's was the worst. She was the last one to go that I was so close to.

The grief will pass. Not toally, but it will. And waiting for signs takes the edge off too, with joy following soon after once the sign is given.
I know for a fact cats see things. They also understand more than we give them credit for.

Yes, she passed onward yesterday, at 4:05 pm.
I now understand what you are going through. My buddy Tommy was diagnosed with FIP.

He doesn't seem to be in pain at the moment, but it has affected his brain. Similar to a stroke. He is the sweetest cat you'd ever meet. I don't know what his future is, but as long as he doesn't seem to be in pain, I'll just help him any way I can.

I now understand what you are going through. My buddy Tommy was diagnosed with FIP.

He doesn't seem to be in pain at the moment, but it has affected his brain. Similar to a stroke. He is the sweetest cat you'd ever meet. I don't know what his future is, but as long as he doesn't seem to be in pain, I'll just help him any way I can.
My advice is to not put him down, unless you are certain he is in pain and wants to be relieved of it.

I've had only two long time beloved family felines. One died at home. We were given 5 days notice.... actually, the doc said 24hrs she'd be gone, but she lived 5. She showed us love, and head butts, athough now weaker, and purred when picked up and hugged....And was laying next to me with head on my lap, when she died....she let out what I would call a death scream, and was gone a few seconds later. My husband was at work, it hit me harder than him, because he didn't witness her death and hear that scream! :(

But we had two days before we found a plot on the property for her, and found a casket, write a eulogy for her, dig the hole and buried her. She was family to us, for 16 years....And maybe silly to others, to us, it just felt appropriate.

But this little kitty girl was only 13, it was out of the blue, we felt she was young....

She appeared to be in pain in our heads, because she could not eat anymore with mouth cancer.... We had her put down, she probably had another 2 or 3 days left... And deep down, I wish we had NOT done it! I wish we had those 2 more days to hug and kiss her and tell her what a sweet little kitty girl she had been....

The whole experience has been very very hard on Matt and me.

What irks me, is that there should be some kind of affordable, veterinary medical inbetween.... Like with humans, you can send them home to die with their family with medications given to them to ease their pain, or hospice care....

instead our choices seem to be watching her die in perceived pain, or have the Vet kill them.

between the two pains, for me...who is a complete softy, I think watching her in pain would have given me and the hubby time to come to terms with her death, would have been easier than the pain we feel and continue to feel, for having her put down.... killed...by us....instead of the result of cancer in just two more days...

I know others may feel differently, and tha t s justly so, in their cases....

But for me, and for Matt, we are not cut out for it.

Last edited:
My advice is to not put him down, unless you are certain he is in pain and wants to be relieved of it.

I've had only two long time beloved family felines. One died at home. We were given 5 days notice.... actually, the doc said 24hrs she'd be gone, but she lived 5. She showed us love, and head butts, athough now weaker, and purred when picked up and hugged....And was laying next to me with head on my lap, when she died....she let out what I would call a death scream, and was gone a few seconds later. My husband was at work, it hit me harder than him, because he didn't witness her death and hear that scream! :(

But we had two days before we found a plot on the property for her, and found a casket, write a eulogy for her, dig the hole and buried her. She was family to us, for 16 years....And maybe silly to others, to us, it just felt appropriate.

But this little kitty girl was only 13, it was out of the blue, we felt she was young....

She appeared to be in pain in our heads, because she could not eat anymore with mouth cancer.... We had her put down, she probably had another 2 or 3 days left... And deep down, I wish we had NOT done it! I wish we had those 2 more days to hug and kiss her and tell her what a sweet little kitty girl she had been....

The whole experience has been very very hard on Matt and me.

What irks me, is that there should be some kind of affordable, veterinary medical inbetween.... Like with humans, you can send them home to die with their family with medications given to them to ease their pain, or hospice care....

instead our choices seem to be watching her die in perceived pain, or have the Vet kill them.

between the two pains, for me...who is a complete softy, I think watching her in pain would have given me and the hubby time to come to terms with her death, would have been easier than the pain we feel and continue to feel, for having her put down.... killed...by us....instead of the result of cancer in just two more days...

I know others may feel differently, and tha t s justly so, in their cases....

But for me, and for Matt, we are not cut out for it.
Yes, the circumstances would have to be pretty dire for me to do that to my friend. He seems to be slowly improving day-by-day, but his progress is slow. They told me he can recover, and they often do, but it can take weeks. So until then, I will help him.

I've only euthanized one cat. He took had cancer. He only lived to 3, and I really had no other choice. I stayed with him to the end, petted him and gave him "head bumps." It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I don't take it lightly.

This is Tommy before this disease did it's damage. I'm hoping he makes a full recovery. I was sure he wouldn't make it only a few days ago. Friends have been praying for him.

Screenshot_20220828-203615_Gallery (1).jpg

Yes, the circumstances would have to be pretty dire for me to do that to my friend. He seems to be slowly improving day-by-day, but his progress is slow. They told me he can recover, and they often do, but it can take weeks. So until then, I will help him.

I've only euthanized one cat. He took had cancer. He only lived to 3, and I really had no other choice. I stayed with him to the end, petted him and gave him "head bumps." It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I don't take it lightly.

This is Tommy before this disease did it's damage. I'm hoping he makes a full recovery. I was sure he wouldn't make it only a few days ago. Friends have been praying for him.

View attachment 729291
oh my gosh! Spitting image of my older sister's big boy, he is very loving and head butts too! My 16 yr old cat was a grey with a white tuxedo chest and she was a head butt'r and very loving too!

Forum List

Back