We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

It’s not my social responsibility to see a variety of living options completely removed from me in order to satisfy your demands that I don’t infect you. There is not even a 1% chance that I will yet I’m 90% impounded.

Some people will die, but the overwhelming majority will recovered and thrive.
And most of them are old people with medical issues who only have a few years left at best anyway.

Hey, pal. My older sister is 59, with serious asthma and a couple of other things that put her in the high-risk-of-death category for this thing. Without the coronavirus and with regular medication and doctor's visits, she's a vibrant, essential part of her family's lives and will be for at least 20 years yet.

I will thank you not to be so casual and callous about people some of us love, just because they aren't YOUR loved ones.

And I will say again: my son has a severe, life-threatening peanut allergy. HIS life depends on YOU not sneaking nuts into food. And YOU and YOU and YOU. Now. Should we make laws for everyone in the world to stop putting nuts in food, in all places, or whatever, because his life needs to be sustained?

This is not an emotional argument. It's my son. It's your sister. It's really a rights v. responsibilities argument. In the end it is really no one's responsibility to keep my son alive. And it is no one's responsibility to keep your sister alive. Especially when this infringes on essential liberties.

You are incorrect. The rest of us DO have a responsibility not to simply and carelessly ignore the dangers to your son and others like him, and I doubt you'd disagree if he died because some restaurant used peanuts on the premises and didn't feel like bothering with putting up a sign (just as an example).

And it sure as shit IS your responsibility to avoid spreading a pandemic through fairly easy-to-follow social distancing rules. And shouting "my rights, my rights!" still isn't impressing me, because your rights STILL aren't unlimited. You do NOT have the right to endanger others. Your right to gather in a mob ends at the point where it infringes on MY right to not be infected by selfish assholes. EVERY right you have is limited by the rights of the people around you, and I'm very sorry to hear that I am apparently the first person who has ever informed you that you're not the only person on Earth who matters.
There is no right to be guaranteed you dont become infected. Many or most of us become infected with something ever year or so and we don’t insist on shutting others down while crowing that will keep me healthy. The right to no illness that you think you have you actually do not and it gets violated anyway most every year

Also, given that the church deliberately provoked this conflict, it definitely doesn't meet the definition of "persecution", and the pastor and his attendees are no kind of "heroes" or "martyrs".

It wasn't the church that tried to illegally shut down the government. It was the government that tried to illegally shut down the church, in blatant and inexcusable violation of the First Amendment. It was government that manufactured a fake crisis, and then tried to use it as an excuse to trash the Constitution.
Congregating at the church was not the only option. They could have performed their services online.

Not everyone has online access you know.

Computers are limited ,they have not yet found a way to deliver smell waves, so that the congregants can smell the incense. And how will snake handling denominations going to reproduce that experience online
People can burn their own incense and handle their own snakes.

Not necessarily. A lot of landlords prohibit both practices in rental properties. I suppose if the continued ban on Evictions continues indefinitely it might be possible.
Why would those people rent an apartment where they're not free to practice their religion? Sounds like they're not very committed.

Neither incense-burning nor snake-handling are typically part of individual daily devotions. They're both part of group rituals.

But I admire your consistency in never, ever, in any way allowing yourself to even try to understand people you don't agree with.
Try not to be so fucking ignorant. I was returning that poster's facetiousness.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Try not to be so fucking ignorant about doing it. Facetiousness doesn't excuse being wildly inaccurate with it.
I honestly don't believe you know what the word fucking means. Since when is accuracy a fundamental requirement of inappropriate humor?

View attachment 318334

Ever hear the phrase "it's funny 'cause it's true"? Humor works best when it's accurately targeted. Otherwise, it's just inane babbling.
And you're stupid enough to think that phrase applies to ALL humor? Something can't be funny in your alternate universe if it's not true?

No, I'm smart enough to know it does, and you're stupid enough to think "stupid" is defined as "not thinking Faun is brilliant."

We're done talking about you, because you weren't interesting to start with, and you're REALLY boring now.
LOLOL

Now that's funny given you were the one to make it about me. Seems you were interested all along/ And no, not all humor has truth in it. Especially flippant humor.

So G-d gave us this virus and He gave us Impeached Trump to fuck up the response to it?
You're the idiots who thought you could get away with impeaching Trump.
LOL

Umm... Trump was impeached. Even acquittal can't wash away that stain.

Trump is now Forever Exonerated, found to be as innocent as a newborn babe.
LOL

Like Clinton was innocent of lying under oath, huh.

For what it's worth, I'm “high-risk” too. I'm 57 years old, diabetic, and my health and immune system have been weakened rather badly by a bit over half a year of idleness since I broke my leg last September
Quit taking out contracts on a people's lives, and you'd live a lot longer yourself in all likelihood.

That "break a leg" bit is from a bad actor. Like a director's order to a movie actor/actress, be sure you're there for the shoot. "Break a leg" in that context means don't skip out on the performance and run away on two feet. Or a crook says that when he's gotten himself in trouble with the law and has to show up for court in one of those ankle monitor bracelets.

So G-d gave us this virus and He gave us Impeached Trump to fuck up the response to it?
LOL

LOL

Clinton was accused of an actual crime. This winter's episode was a Fake Impeachment as there was no crime at all.

LOL

LOL

Clinton was accused of an actual crime. This winter's episode was a Fake Impeachment as there was no crime at all.
LOLOL

You said acquittal means innocent. That means Clinton is innocent of lying under oath.

:dance:

Because Democrats have the ability to reason rationally and accept science as the foundation of our planet, not the bs from some book spouted by liars hoping to fleece the flock!

That must explain why Democrats buy into the “Transgenderism” insanity, as well as falling for and perpetuating the “Global Warming”/“Climate Change” hoax.

EveryoneLaughingAtYou.png

Last edited:
Democrats buy into the “Transgenderism” insanity,
Do you mean all the criminal charges filed by Democrat women against the transgender?

Do you mean all the mental hospitals filled with transgender patients who have been committed on an involuntary basis by Democrat psychiatrists and court psychologists?

Democrat ladies all have prison lust for transgender persons, somewhat like Delilah who had Samson's hair cut and his eyes put out, and they feel powerful to do that to another woman.

And Democrat gentlemen chase tranny ass in shifts around the clock 24 hours a day.

If we were in Palestine 2000 years ago and Pilotrumps administration declares no more than 10 members per synagogue, then same Jesus would ask Judah, Andrew and Philip to stay at home. Jesus would be also preaching sending text messages using messenger doves...

Jesus preached to obey the law of the land as long as the law of the land doesn't go against the law of God. (Give to Caesar what is Caesar's)

That "break a leg" bit is from a bad actor. Like a director's order to a movie actor/actress, be sure you're there for the shoot. "Break a leg" in that context means don't skip out on the performance and run away on two feet. Or a crook says that when he's gotten himself in trouble with the law and has to show up for court in one of those ankle monitor bracelets.

Is it your intent to assert that I did not break my leg?

20190906_131914_Ankle0W400.jpg
20190906_132042_Ankle1W400.jpg
20190906_133907_Ankle2W400.jpg

The Constitution guarantees the right to religious practice of one's choice. That does NOT require "gathering"
And what about the right of the people peaceably to assemble, whether they are praying to God or petitioning the government?

They can assemble all they want, just stay apart and don't threaten the rest of us.

Six feet apart or six feet underground is too expensive for some churches. Either drastically reduce the numbers of the congregation or find a much bigger space to "gather" in. Not always possible.

The no-touch charges being pressed by the ladies who brush by the gentlemen in swishing skirts will definitely reduce the size of the congregation and increase the jail population and the size of the courthouse crowd, which may be the intent.

The "right to gather to worship" ain't in there.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Maybe you can show me where in any religion that it is required to gather in a building in order to worship

and the right to assembly does not say it has to be in a building......if they want to gather together let them do it on the parking lot or way out in the country in a cow pasture.

The Constitution guarantees the right to religious practice of one's choice. That does NOT require "gathering"
And what about the right of the people peaceably to assemble, whether they are praying to God or petitioning the government?

They can assemble all they want, just stay apart and don't threaten the rest of us.

Six feet apart or six feet underground is too expensive for some churches. Either drastically reduce the numbers of the congregation or find a much bigger space to "gather" in. Not always possible.

The no-touch charges being pressed by the ladies who brush by the gentlemen in swishing skirts will definitely reduce the size of the congregation and increase the jail population and the size of the courthouse crowd, which may be the intent.

Pfffffffffffft. That's their problem. My heart bleeds. :eusa_hand:

Bottom line, you don't get to fuck with my health just to get your jollies. That clear enough?

Then don’t you attend the assembly
There has never been any form of legal or moral or health right to be precluded from catching a contaigent via locking everyone else in their homes.

Forum List

Back