We Have GOT To Do Something About Guns

I have a semi auto FAL. I can't imagine what it would be like to fire it on F-A. Kinda like the M-14s I trained on back in the 1960s where you couldn't hit shit on F-A.
Yeah, I trained on the M-14. Hated it. Later on, I tried it with a bipod. Sure better than the BAR. But the M14 was gonzo.

And the BAR would break your back trying to carry it. We had those in the Jungle until we finally got the M60. Good weapon.

Loved the M16. I understand the Army is gonna start using a new round -- The 6.8?? I've seen pics of it. Looks okay to me. But I think it will be hard to beat the 5.56

Not funny. Not even much of a News Story since it happened in the White Flag Capital of the World. But interesting anyway.

Those damned guns...

"When knives are outlawed only jihadist criminals will have them".

You guys are too funny. Many thanks go to Benedict Donald for his implementation of the well publicized Doha Accords. Between signing of the agreement and the time Biden took offce Benedict had withdrawn from 5 military bases, and ordered the reduction of our forces from nearly 13,000 troops to, 2,500. Forced the Afghanis to accept a 5 to 1 prisoner exchange. Most importantly he failed to ensure the truce and peace talks between the Taliban and the Afghanis were started. There was never a truce between the two and peace talks never started. Furthermore the Taliban did stop other Islamic radicals from operating in Afghanistan. ISIS was very active in Kabul during 2020.

Sure you can blame Joe for not re-invading and going back to war with Taliban because of Benedicts fuck up in the lack of enforcing the Conditions of the much touted Conditional withdrawal.

Your death cult sacrifices thousands of (mostly black) victims every year in your shithole cities, and you keep voting for more.

Full Auto is over-rated anyway on an infantry weapon. Most people that use it are just making noise or doing the old 'spray and pray' routine.
I have fired a full auto rifle one time up in Alaska. It was one of those synthetic stock weapons with mild recoil(223 but can't remember now). I really was not impressed with the weapon on full auto as it's difficult for me to stay on target. I got a M-1 Garand(8 round en-bloc(?) top load clip that my dad brought home from an island named Saipan. It places rounds very accurate in timed firing mode into the black out to 300 yards with the peep sight system as long as I have the weapon supported on a rest or mid size sand bags(best for me). I purchased a M-1 carbine to complement the Garand & it's really enjoyable to shoot(very little recoil!). I may need to outfit the carbine with night sights to drop the coyotes & wolves that would attempt to slaughter any outdoor pets I get in the near future. IF I end up needing any updates to the carbine I will contact 1srelluck as he has helped me before & he really has the knowledge about firearms.

Take care, till next time!

I have fired a full auto rifle one time up in Alaska. It was one of those synthetic stock weapons with mild recoil(223 but can't remember now). I really was not impressed with the weapon on full auto as it's difficult for me to stay on target. I got a M-1 Garand(8 round en-bloc(?) top load clip that my dad brought home from an island named Saipan. It places rounds very accurate in timed firing mode into the black out to 300 yards with the peep sight system as long as I have the weapon supported on a rest or mid size sand bags(best for me). I purchased a M-1 carbine to complement the Garand & it's really enjoyable to shoot(very little recoil!). I may need to outfit the carbine with night sights to drop the coyotes & wolves that would attempt to slaughter any outdoor pets I get in the near future. IF I end up needing any updates to the carbine I will contact 1srelluck as he has helped me before & he really has the knowledge about firearms.

Take care, till next time!
I'd get a 12 gauge for vermin like that (00 Buck). 12 gauge is also best for home defense and is often the only allowable weapon if you're a deer hunter. a 12 ga is a necessity

My thumb is still healing from using an M1. M2 and M1 carbines are excellent weapons for the homestead. Effective.

Those were some real men that carried the Garand into combat because it is NOT light. And neither is the ammo. If you can keep the bandolier from smacking you in the face. But still the best Infantry weapon ever.... For its day.

I was just thinking about this the other day. The only real way to stop gun violence in the US is to outlaw all guns and then go door to door taking everyone's guns away. If we don't do that then gun violence will continue. But, even the left claim that they are for second amendment rights and don't want to take everyone's guns away. So, they either need to realize that their "sensible" gun control legislation won't work or be honest and up front and admit that they really do want to take everyone's guns away.

Oh? What about the guns the criminals would bring in from elsewhere? How do you prevent that? Japan did EXACTLY what you said would work, but the fact is the Yakuza have more guns stashed away than gangsters.

And you'd miss with 90% of your rounds fired and have to reload. With a steady hand and a semi-auto you can make most of the rounds count. So you'd make a lot of noise for about (literally) 2 seconds and then -- You're screwed. And probably so is whoever you're trying to protect. not cool

But that's not why I called today --

Boy, that RoP (Religion of Peace™) is like, really peaceful, huh?

How dare those E-vul Joos not submit.....?
Maybe YOU would miss. I wouldn't. With a semi-auto, you might not have enough time before one of those 20+ bad guys might kill you.

I trained on the M-14 too. It is a gun that is fine on semi-auto, and jumps around too much on fuly automatic.
I have a semi auto FAL. I can't imagine what it would be like to fire it on F-A. Kinda like the M-14s I trained on back in the 1960s where you couldn't hit shit on F-A.
I trained on the M-14 in th 60s. Ts it is lousy on fi;y automatic as it jumps around too much. But when I said if I were facing 20+ bad guys and would rather have a fully automatic rifle than a 3 shot burst, I wasnt talking about an M-14. There's quite a difference in handling when it comes to fully automatic rifles. Some of the ones I would recommend are >> AK-47, AK-103, Armalite/Colt M16, FN SCAR, H&K G35, IMI Galil Ace, SIG SG 550, Steyr AUG 3, and VZ 58

Here's a guy shooting the Steyer AUG 3 in fully automatic, with one hand on the gun and the barrel is hardly moving at all.

Get a better gun. See Post # 30.

At this timeI was just thinking about this the other day. The only real way to stop gun violence in the US is to outlaw all guns and then go door to door taking everyone's guns away. If we don't do that then gun violence will continue. But, even the left claim that they are for second amendment rights and don't want to take everyone's guns away. So, they either need to realize that their "sensible" gun control legislation won't work or be honest and up front and admit that they really do want to take everyone's guns away.
I don’t believe at this time Americans trust their government enough to turn in enough firearms to make a difference. Door to door Gun confiscation would likely lead to a good number of states seceding from the Union.

Without gun registration it is impossible to know how many firearms a person has and many states like Florida do not register firearms. In fact, in Florida gun registration is illegal.

The 2023 Florida Statutes​

790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records.—
(1) LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS AND INTENT.—
(a) The Legislature finds and declares that:
1. The right of individuals to keep and bear arms is guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
2. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a law enforcement tool and can become an instrument for profiling, harassing, or abusing law-abiding citizens based on their choice to own a firearm and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution. Further, such a list, record, or registry has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and become a shopping list for thieves.
3. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a tool for fighting terrorism, but rather is an instrument that can be used as a means to profile innocent citizens and to harass and abuse American citizens based solely on their choice to own firearms and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution.
4. The creation or maintenance of records of purchases of firearms or ammunition or the tracking of sales made by a retailer of firearms or ammunition by a nongovernmental entity, including a financial institution, without a substantial and historical business need or a requirement imposed by law, may frustrate the right to keep and bear arms and violate the reasonable privacy rights of lawful purchasers of firearms or ammunition.
5. Law-abiding firearm owners whose names have been illegally recorded in a list, record, or registry are entitled to redress.
(b) The Legislature intends through the provisions of this section to:
1. Protect the right of individuals to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
2. Protect the privacy rights of law-abiding firearm owners.
(2) PROHIBITIONS.—
(a) A state governmental agency or local government, special district, or other political subdivision or official, agent, or employee of the state or other governmental entity or any other person, public or private, may not knowingly and willfully keep or cause to be kept any list, record, or registry of privately owned firearms or any list, record, or registry of the owners of those firearms.
(b) A payment settlement entity, merchant acquiring entity, or third party settlement organization as those terms are defined in s. 6050W of the Internal Revenue Code may not assign a merchant category code to or otherwise classify a merchant that is a seller of firearms or ammunition separately from general merchandise retailers or sporting goods retailers.
(c) An entity involved in facilitating or processing a payment card transaction, including, but not limited to, a financial institution, an acquirer, a payment card network, or a payment card issuer, may not assign to or require a merchant to use a merchant category code that classifies the merchant as a firearms or ammunition retailer or places the merchant in a similar classification. A merchant of firearms or ammunition may be assigned or may use a merchant category code for general merchandise retailers or sporting goods retailers. Any agreement or contractual provision to the contrary is void in violation of the public policy of this state.

and how'd that work out Frank?

~S~
From a Progressive viewpoint, Inspirational! They only disarmed the groups they intended to eliminate. Just listen to the same genocidal hatred from many USMB Progressives

I don’t believe at this time Americans trust their government enough to turn in enough firearms to make a difference. Door to door Gun confiscation would likely lead to a good number of states seceding from the Union.

Without gun registration it is impossible to know how many firearms a person has and many states like Florida do not register firearms. In fact, in Florida gun registration is illegal.

The 2023 Florida Statutes​

790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records.—
(1) LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS AND INTENT.—
(a) The Legislature finds and declares that:
1. The right of individuals to keep and bear arms is guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
2. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a law enforcement tool and can become an instrument for profiling, harassing, or abusing law-abiding citizens based on their choice to own a firearm and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution. Further, such a list, record, or registry has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and become a shopping list for thieves.
3. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a tool for fighting terrorism, but rather is an instrument that can be used as a means to profile innocent citizens and to harass and abuse American citizens based solely on their choice to own firearms and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution.
4. The creation or maintenance of records of purchases of firearms or ammunition or the tracking of sales made by a retailer of firearms or ammunition by a nongovernmental entity, including a financial institution, without a substantial and historical business need or a requirement imposed by law, may frustrate the right to keep and bear arms and violate the reasonable privacy rights of lawful purchasers of firearms or ammunition.
5. Law-abiding firearm owners whose names have been illegally recorded in a list, record, or registry are entitled to redress.
(b) The Legislature intends through the provisions of this section to:
1. Protect the right of individuals to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
2. Protect the privacy rights of law-abiding firearm owners.
(2) PROHIBITIONS.—
(a) A state governmental agency or local government, special district, or other political subdivision or official, agent, or employee of the state or other governmental entity or any other person, public or private, may not knowingly and willfully keep or cause to be kept any list, record, or registry of privately owned firearms or any list, record, or registry of the owners of those firearms.
(b) A payment settlement entity, merchant acquiring entity, or third party settlement organization as those terms are defined in s. 6050W of the Internal Revenue Code may not assign a merchant category code to or otherwise classify a merchant that is a seller of firearms or ammunition separately from general merchandise retailers or sporting goods retailers.
(c) An entity involved in facilitating or processing a payment card transaction, including, but not limited to, a financial institution, an acquirer, a payment card network, or a payment card issuer, may not assign to or require a merchant to use a merchant category code that classifies the merchant as a firearms or ammunition retailer or places the merchant in a similar classification. A merchant of firearms or ammunition may be assigned or may use a merchant category code for general merchandise retailers or sporting goods retailers. Any agreement or contractual provision to the contrary is void in violation of the public policy of this state.
Which is kind of at the crux of the gun control debate. The left are totally stupid if they think they can pass laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and have it actually work. We actually have that already. Criminals don't obey the law. That's why they are criminals. No matter how many laws are passed, anyone who wants a gun can get a gun and it is naive to think that if we banned assault weapons, there would be no assault weapons. So, if we passed the common sense gun control legislation democrats want, which would not have stopped most of the mass shootings we have had, we would still have mass shootings and gun violence. So, when they realize that, then they would pass stronger gun laws stopping the sale of guns, which wouldn't work either because there are already umpteen million guns already out there. So, when that didn't work, the left would then want to go door to door to confiscate everyone's guns. The only sensible policy that would work would be to keep known dangerous people locked up until a board determines that they are no longer a threat to society.

The road to fascism is lined with your freedoms dying.....

1699130948620.png

~S~

Forum List

Back