We have a drive-in theater now

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
It's five minutes away. Maybe ten. It's the only one in the state.

Adults: $10.00 per person
Children $6.00 per person
Senior $6.00 per person
Military $6.00 per person
Under 4 Free

Every Wednesday night is "$30 Per Carload" Night. This does not include complimentary snacks.

It's been done before...

b44c82bd06ae17aa50ab602251c8b20a.jpg

Drive in movies are fun for kids though. I remember going to one when I was little, it was a blast. You had your own space, could talk without bothering anyone else if you wanted, had plenty of room to move around, and could spread out your snacks instead of trying to balance everything on your lap like in a theater.

I'm kinda surprised drive in theaters hasn't made a big come back. Even temporary ones.

I think drive-in theaters are a great idea in the pandemic age. Haven’t been to one since the 80’s. Did they ever fix the issue with those tinny, hunk o crap speakers?

It's been done before...

View attachment 530087

Drive-ins brought people together in an odd way. As a kid we'd put out a blanket and sit on the hood in the summer. It was always two movies, sometimes three during a special. The drive-ins know that the money is in the concessions.

It's also a way for the movie industry to stay afloat during covid and one or two A-holes can't ruin a movie with their constant talking, phone use or getting up and down. Even back in the day the odd high fool who honked his horn couldn't drown out the sound of the movie, nor block anyones view.

Most drive-in theaters now transmit the sound on an FM frequency, so you can listen to it on the radio.

Even as a kid this was possible in some Canadian drive-ins. I remember the first time we went to one like this (as it was always speakers before this) and my dad tuned into the station, it was like magic hearing the crisp sounds over the car radio.

I have fond memories of the drive-in. From The Empire Strikes Back to Friday The Thirteenth Part 3, in 3D (not sure how my parents got me in for that one, hah)!

I think drive-in theaters are a great idea in the pandemic age. Haven’t been to one since the 80’s. Did they ever fix the issue with those tinny, hunk o crap speakers?
Yes, Fort Lauderdale's Thunderbird Drive In broadcasts the movie's audio so that you pick up on your car's radio

Forum List

Back