'We do not arrest our political opponents.' Federal judge rules in Ohio case

------------------------------------------------------------
Ummm, girls, girls, settled down, settle down.
You are getting all wrapped up in your underwear.

Trumbull county has about 200,000 people --- in northeastern Ohio. It ain't metropolitan Los Angles. You are hyperventilating over a teapots's tempest.
Chill.

Go to the fridge, crack a cold one, and put your feet up.
Read the Sunday comics.
You'll live longer.
That's pretty much what the British told the founding fathers.

A federal judge this week issued a blistering ruling in favor of a Trumbull County commissioner who was arrested after criticizing the sheriff.

"Here in America, we do not arrest our political opponents," Judge Philip Calabrese wrote in an order filed Wednesday.

Calabrese wrote that the sheriff, the deputies and the other two commissioners violated Republican Commissioner Niki Frenchko's First Amendment rights. Sheriff Paul Monroe, Commissioner Frank Fuda and Commissioner Mauro Cantalamessa are all Democrats. The judge, who was nominated by former president Donald Trump, also found the defendants do not have qualified immunity in this case, meaning they can be sued for monetary damages.

"I was compelled to file this suit because if public officials can use their offices and power to silence me, they can do it to anyone,” Frenchko said in a news release. "This is a tremendous day for freedom of speech, the rule of law, and democracy."

It takes a special kind of public official to do something so egregious to violate the broad protections of qualified immunity.

I think he meant to say "we should not arrest our political opponents" since dems obviously do arrest our political opponents.

Anyway.....Good, do the DOJ next.

Not going to pay for the whole story leading up to this decision, here's a link for the background story that's not behind a pay wall.

Last edited:

A federal judge this week issued a blistering ruling in favor of a Trumbull County commissioner who was arrested after criticizing the sheriff.

"Here in America, we do not arrest our political opponents," Judge Philip Calabrese wrote in an order filed Wednesday.

Calabrese wrote that the sheriff, the deputies and the other two commissioners violated Republican Commissioner Niki Frenchko's First Amendment rights. Sheriff Paul Monroe, Commissioner Frank Fuda and Commissioner Mauro Cantalamessa are all Democrats. The judge, who was nominated by former president Donald Trump, also found the defendants do not have qualified immunity in this case, meaning they can be sued for monetary damages.

"I was compelled to file this suit because if public officials can use their offices and power to silence me, they can do it to anyone,” Frenchko said in a news release. "This is a tremendous day for freedom of speech, the rule of law, and democracy."

It takes a special kind of public official to do something so egregious to violate the broad protections of qualified immunity.

I think he meant to say "we should not arrest our political opponents" since dems obviously do arrest our political opponents.

But we have to defend demokwacy from the maga extwemists...

ggghhhhhjjhjjjjjjhhj.jpg

She was a democrat who was mayor of Baltimore...she was arrested by a Republican DOJ, tried and convicted.

She was a criminal and she got what she deserved.

Being a politician isn't a get-out-of-jail free card. The judge is full of shit.

And you say this with no clue why she was arrested, falsely I might add. You're just not very smart, are ya? Read the link in post 67 and educate yourself.

Sounds pretty cut and dried to me; she used her position as a mayor to enrich herself. She deserved to go to jail.

Good to see you're sticking up for a Democrat though. Oh...I bet you didn't even read it....did you stupid?

Explain this.

Being a politician isn't a get-out-of-jail free card. The judge is full of shit.

You said the commie bitch got what she deserved and then said the above, one of us is confused and I'm sure it's not me.

I asked a general question.
I have no problem Biden is being investigated. If he is indicted we want to know.
I am glad Hundter Biden has been indicted. Deserved. Slime bucket.
I am glad Menendez was indicted. Slime Bucket
I am glad Trump was indicted 100 times. Well deserved. He is a slime bucket.

If you are runni8ng for office and commit a crime you are treated like everyone else.

10 Signs You're Probably In A Cult

• The leader is the ultimate authority. ...
  • The group suppresses skepticism. ...
  • The group delegitimizes former members. ...
  • The group is paranoid about the outside world. ...
  • The group relies on shame cycles. ...
  • The leader is above the law. ...
  • The group uses “thought reform” methods. ...
  • The group is elitist.
Don’t give me that cult shit, that just shows how intolerant you are of opposition.

Sounds pretty cut and dried to me; she used her position as a mayor to enrich herself. She deserved to go to jail.

Good to see you're sticking up for a Democrat though. Oh...I bet you didn't even read it....did you stupid?
So, you have no problem with Fani being hauled in front of a judge for her misconduct right?

Good for them, they're in behind bars. Political opponents should be in jail.

10 Signs You're In A Cult

• The leader is the ultimate authority. ...
  • The group suppresses skepticism. ...
  • The group delegitimizes former members. ...
  • The group is paranoid about the outside world. ...
  • The group relies on shame cycles. ...
  • The leader is above the law. ...
  • The group uses “thought reform” methods. ...
  • The group is elitist.
PROJECTION OVERLOAD :aargh:

Did Trump commit his crimes because of his political opponents?
Don't matter.
Shooting someone on 5th avenue is still a crime.
The law says nothing about Republicans or Democrats.
Trump planned and incited an insurrection.
Trump conspired to overturn the election using false electors.
Trump lied about and refused to return highly classified information

None of his crimes are about Democrats or Republicans but ALL of his crimes are about Donald Trump violating the law trying to grab power for the sole benefit of Donald Trump.

If you were brave enough to take off those MAGA blinders it would be clear even to you.
Stupid people, the system and law allow for challenges to the vote and electors, which means if you plan to challenge the electors you need your own slate to replace them if sustained.

Stupid people, the system and law allow for challenges to the vote and electors, which means if you plan to challenge the electors you need your own slate to replace them if sustained.
Your response has ZERO to do with the topic of the thread or the FACT that Trump's challenges were heard and denied.

And his "electors" were not chosen by legal means which means his "electors" were in fact a fraud.

Forum List

Back