We are treated like little children....all we want is a little honesty, some willingness to listen and a lot less arrogance.

I think his oblique references are as near as he can come to admitting the deficiences of the IMPOTUS.

I think his oblique references are as near as he can come to admitting the deficiences of the IMPOTUS.
The reason for all the "name calling" and such is exemplified by the post I quoted. These people absolutely CANNOT stop crying about Trump no matter what the topic. There is no reasoning with them and no debating.

We are all in this together....those that want respect should give a little. This is not high school.

I'm always respectful to people until they aren't very polite to me. And then I gotta be a condescending prick all a sudden. I do not like being a condescending prick, for the record.

Besides, I thought you had half of us on your iggy list anyway.

We are all in this together....those that want respect should give a little. This is not high school.

Hard to impose levels of effort or sincerity or honesty on a platform like this.. If you have the answers and it doesn't involve censorship, arbitrary or surreptitious editorial control and won't LOSE 60% of the membership -- don't hold back...

The problems are SYSTEMIC.. Starts with the faulty media material that provides the outlines for USMB discussions.. Gets worse when the phony ass "fact checkers" get involved. Not many folks thinking for themselves.. Aint OUR fault.. Think you could START with convincing the media to stop acting like a lunch table of "mean girls"....

Hard to impose levels of effort or sincerity or honesty on a platform like this.. If you have the answers and it doesn't involve censorship, arbitrary or surreptitious editorial control and won't LOSE 60% of the membership -- don't hold back...

The problems are SYSTEMIC.. Starts with the faulty media material that provides the outlines for USMB discussions.. Gets worse when the phony ass "fact checkers" get involved. Not many folks thinking for themselves.. Aint OUR fault.. Think you could START with convincing the media to stop acting like a lunch table of "mean girls"....

How about this...if the title is misleading...just tell the OP that you're closing the thread because the title is a lie?

The other day someone said that Michelle Obama--in the title--said kids "ruined my life". The phrase "ruined my life" is in quotes meaning that it is quoted. The article that supports the OP has zero mentions of the word "ruined" in it. Obama never said any such thing.

Can posters put whatever they want into a title with the added weight that a direct quote provides...even when the person being cited does not remotely state what is being attributed to them?

How about this...if the title is misleading...just tell the OP that you're closing the thread because the title is a lie?

But that's my point.. Half of the articles I read in NYT or WashPo have "misleading titles".. When called on it they rarely give a retraction... We're NOT gonna be "fact checkers".. We usually let the members sort this out.. And largely they do.. Even if no minds are changed in the process...

The other day someone said that Michelle Obama--in the title--said kids "ruined my life". The phrase "ruined my life" is in quotes meaning that it is quoted. The article that supports the OP has zero mentions of the word "ruined" in it. Obama never said any such thing.

Saw that.. Read some of it.. It's nothing that's hyped up more than headlines in most of the country's best newspapers now a days. Michelle's comments were that they "detoured her plans".. Given her aspirations, this "ruined" is an interpretation that intelligent people can make on their own.. Compare that to headlines that announce the Pres suggested people "inhale, drink, inject" bleach... They're out there..

It's ALL tabloid crap darling.. And that's what FEEDS USMB... Under those conditions, there's little a small bump on the internet can do about that..

So you are finally figuring out the game that Drumpf is playing with the less intelligent? I told you he was nothing more than a carnival barker and an incompetent fuckup.

ALL entrepreneurs are related to PT Barnum.. But it WAS "the Greatest Show on Earth"... :up:

Elon Musk is FAR more Trumpy than Trump.. You don't GET to those heights without a lot of exaggeration and trolling and hype..

But that's my point.. Half of the articles I read in NYT or WashPo have "misleading titles".. When called on it they rarely give a retraction... We're NOT gonna be "fact checkers".. We usually let the members sort this out.. And largely they do.. Even if no minds are changed in the process...

Saw that.. Read some of it.. It's nothing that's hyped up more than headlines in most of the country's best newspapers now a days. Michelle's comments were that they "detoured her plans".. Given her aspirations, this "ruined" is an interpretation that intelligent people can make on their own.. Compare that to headlines that announce the Pres suggested people "inhale, drink, inject" bleach... They're out there..

It's ALL tabloid crap darling.. And that's what FEEDS USMB... Under those conditions, there's little a small bump on the internet can do about that..

This is the problem.

When you put something in quotes, you're quoting someone. The title had quotes. Therefore, they are quoting someone.
The problem is....she never said it.

Its not even a matter of debate or at least shouldn't be. When you use quotation marks, you're quoting someone. In this case, the author of the post was lying.

Forum List

Back