Watched Taken

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I try to watch one movie I've never seen each week (at least one). The past few weeks...

The Courier
Lilies of the Field
The Imitation Game
Baby Boom
Finally got around to seeing Love Actually....

I caught Taken this morning after I got home.

Not a bad movie. A lot less bloody than I expected. It was OK...

When Liam Nesson goes to Paris to get his daughter back, his ex wife's new husband sends him on a Gulfstream... After he's injured getting her back, they have to fly commercial back to the States? Seems like they would have flown over there to see them or at least flew them home on the Gulfstream.... You can pay a lot fewer extras, not have to shoot the scene at the airport, etc...

Like I said not a bad movie... That just struck me.

How was "Lilies of the Field"? Never seen it but am a fan of Sidney Poitier.

Also, how was "The Courier"? Loved Batch in "The Imitation Game"

How was "Lilies of the Field"? Never seen it but am a fan of Sidney Poitier.
I don't know how old you are but I would suspect that if you were born in the 80's or later it wouldn't hold up well. Its a gentle, good movie. Poitier gives a great performance.
Also, how was "The Courier"? Loved Batch in "The Imitation Game"

I really liked it. It introduced some intracacies of spy craft that I never thought much about. Without giving too much away, there is a discussion about reducing a spy from the custody of the enemy. Information is so compartmentalized that the one who was taken into custody was important but she/he couldn't "give up" the whole operation. I'll leave it at that to prevent from telling one of the key details of the movie. It is not super fast paced but there is a rhythm to it.

Forum List

Back