Students today don’t have the values or give the effort they used to

They do little original research, are incapable of crafting original thoughts
They substitute cut and paste for their own opinions

That’s complete bullshit.

Trying to educate Conservatives is a waste of money

They are best suited for manual labor

Ha tell us once again how 40% of Americans making minimum wage is a good thing?

I think it is clear we need to divert the children of Conservatives away from higher education towards more vocational education

I think it is clear we need to divert the children of Conservatives away from higher education towards more vocational education
We need to bypass your higher education graduates and bring in educated Asians for important jobs and give the citizenship. Because you guys suck. Enough time has been given. We use to lead the world in infrastructure. Now we lag the great leaders in that as we see in Asia and part of the middle east.

At the heart of government policies are two very different views for the Left or the Right.

For the Left, money, wealth and material equality

For the Right, consideration of values, morality and ethics.

Both sides hope for happiness and productivity in society, but how to get there is based on those two, very different, ways of looking at things. Both see education as the way, one side promises success based on directing more money there. Let’s see how that plays out.

1.The promise was that more money for schools would be the answer for inequality, and providing all Americans with the opportunity our Founders promised. The G.I.Bill seemed to indicate that: it helped build a middle class.

Mandatory primary and secondary schooling was clearly the sort of thing that advanced a society. The calculation became ‘more money produces a better result of schooling, hence a happier and more productive society. And will take of that ‘inequality.’

Money= schooling=success. What could be wrong????

2. Then the other shoe dropped. “…an ambitious government study conducted by sociologist James Coleman had come to a conclusion so ‘seismic- that President Johnson’s administration considered not releasing it, and did release it on the Friday of the Fourth of July weekend….

The conclusion: ‘Schools are remarkably similar in the way they relate to the achievement of their pupils when the socioeconomic background of the students is taken into consideration.’” George Will, “The Conservative Sensibility, “ p. 315-316

“…a student's family background, coupled with a diverse socioeconomic mix in the classroom, appeared to be the biggest determinant of how well a child would learn. No one had said this before, backing it up with data. “ Coleman Report set the standard for the study of public education

3. WHAT???? “…“…a student's family background, coupled with a diverse socioeconomic mix in the classroom, appeared to be the biggest determinant of how well a child would learn.”

Family, family structure, and responsibility is more important than money or Leftist government policy????

How could that be????

After Franklin Roosevelt and then Lyndon Johnson built government on entitlements and give-away???

And LBJ’s Great Society destroyed the nuclear family???????

Both of them followed the dictates of Marx, Engels, and Trotsky, to destroy the family.

Now what?????

Thanks...

We need to bypass your higher education graduates and bring in educated Asians for important jobs and give the citizenship. Because you guys suck. Enough time has been given. We use to lead the world in infrastructure. Now we lag the great leaders in that as we see in Asia and part of the middle east.
Maybe so.....you do not waste your money educating Asians

You DO waste your money trying to educate conservatives

You liberals know math?

Heck we learned it with lemonade stands in the 2nd grade

I am not working a $10 bucks over a $15 dollar minimum wage..

You can kiss my ass

You liberals know math?

It is conservatives who think you can cut taxes and increase spending and expect the deficit to decrease

You liberals know math?

It is conservatives who think you can cut taxes and increase spending and expect the deficit to decrease
Funny how come all the jobs in red states?

You liberals know math?

Funny how come all the jobs in red states?
Why are they so poor?

Oh, I forgot
Education sucks in Red States

Top 10 Worst States for Education 2019

Forum List

Back