Johnson Wasted Votes and PO'd Voters

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
In our country, the vast majority of ELIGIBLE voters are PO'd after every election. They come from two groups, the 22% that VOTED and LOST and the 55% that hardly EVER vote and did NOT vote because they are already PO'd at the parties and the candidates. So -- there is much unhappiness after every election. You have no idea if that fired up poster you meet on-line ever ACTUALLY got their ass off the couch and cast a vote -- but they are just as angry as the genuine Party animal that got rejected.

And look at the party faithful. How can THEY be happy even when they WIN? The Dems still face the same set of problems they've been pledging to fix for DECADES now. They blame their failure on those pesky right-wingers. Wasn't THEIR FAULT when they had all 3 branches of govt under their control that they didn't ramp up the law-making machine and FIX all that. The Reps do exactly the same.

two-guys-businessman-boss-employee-angry-pointing-fingers-each-other-blaming-problems-closeup-portrait-related-33321551.jpg

Now --- go fetch me a picture of what a THREE WAY finger pointing looks like. It's a bit harder isn't it?
Having just 2 choices devolves into fear and finger pointing.

You tell me what fraction of those voting are only voting out of FEAR of the other party -- and I'll show you "wasted votes" ..

1 - Only four Party Bosses now control Congress. The other 531 members are TOTALLY irrelevant. THAT'S wasted votes.

2 - About 12 to 15% of Congressional seat races are ABANDONED by the parties and written off as loss. Leaving the 40% of the minority party in that race completely "wasting their votes". UNLESS -- there happens to be a Libertarian or Green candidate on the ballot to make it a contest.

3 - The 55% of registered voters who are so turned off by the shouting and "anti" voting -- that they do not take part in the process are "wasted votes".

4 -- Gerrymandering has gotten so efficient is IS like 2 foxes deciding on how to split the hen. And TOGETHER they conspire to KEEP their monopoly corporations free from competition by BARRING ballot access to other parties and choices.

Libertarians don't care about "winning".. Read that again. We will not pander to get elected. BUT -- as elected officials, it will be about prioritizing and presenting issues for PUBLIC support to get the other 2 parties to cooperate with a "populist" type of administration. Lots of things would be EASY targets to fix actually. If you don't care about winning -- but care about busting up the duopoly that has strangled our very expensive ,. , mostly dysfunctional govt.

So for the fear voters out there. You actually "fear" Johnson/Weld MORE than your candidate? And for the constantly torqued "non-voters" -- you want a chance to show your anger and despair at being locked out? Vote for the BETTER choices. NOT to win.. Or you've got nothing to gripe about when things go ugly voting for people who do not deserve your vote.

Last edited:
I'll be voting for Johnson this November.

It doesn't really matter if Trump or Hillary wins. The country will survive, and 4 and 8 years from now the country will be just as butthurt as it is now. Just over new, unforeseeable issues. But I like Johnson. And not only have Hillary and Drumpf not earned my vote, they've done as much as they possibly can to lose it.

The Wasted Vote Lie

The worst thing about voting for the “lesser of two evils” is that it actually has the opposite effect of what it’s intended to do. Winning candidates don’t know, they don’t want to know - and frankly don’t care - why people vote for them. They certainly don’t know and don’t care how many of the votes they got were so-called protest votes. All they want is enough votes to win. They’ll consider all the votes they get as an endorsement of their campaign promises or past performance to claim a “mandate from the people.”

The news media aid and abet in this subterfuge when, with a Cheshire cat smile, they ask Libertarian candidates, “You know you can’t win, so why are you running?” They don’t want a meaningful response because their intent is to divert the conversation away from any discussion of substantive issues. Their purpose is to marginalize the Libertarian so they can justify treating the campaign as a sideshow to be covered only for the entertainment value.

The Wasted Vote Lie is often accompanied by another big lie, that your vote for a Libertarian “takes away” votes from the Republican or Democrat. Let’s call this allegation what it is - pure and unadulterated arrogance. The ruling elites believe your vote belongs to them and that you’re too ignorant, or too stupid, or too uninformed to use it wisely. The Wasted Vote Lie and all its variations is an obvious and clear symptom of the condition Republicans and Democrats fear the most - an independent thinking voter.

Let me be clear: there is no such thing as a wasted vote. Your vote belongs to you, and no one else. It doesn’t belong to the Republican or Democratic Party, or any party or candidate for that matter. Your vote is your voice; it is one of your unnamed, inalienable rights, the ultimate expression of your right to free speech and self-government. Your vote is the most precious and meaningful gift you can give to any candidate. Your vote is worth more than any amount of money or any number of volunteer hours you may give, which is why politicians lust after it so hungrily. Your vote cannot be wasted, or stolen, or lost - unless you make a decision to do so.

It doesn't really matter if Trump or Hillary wins. The country will survive, and 4 and 8 years from now the country will be just as butthurt as it is now. Just over new, unforeseeable issues. But I like Johnson. And not only have Hillary and Drumpf not earned my vote, they've done as much as they possibly can to lose it.

I'm not so sure about survival. There have been MAJOR shifts in the meaning of a Job and employment and NO ACTION from leadership. And the current foreign policy being exercised for 30 years is EXTREMELY dangerous,. And corporate consolidation just makes govt/collusion EASIER all the time.

Appreciate your open mind -- but I'm NOT as optimistic at all.. Especially with the amped up hostilities against either Hillary and Trump if they GET into the WH. If you think it's polarized now -- it's gonna be a HELL of 4 years that will SEEM like a lifetime of grief..

I'm not so sure about survival. There have been MAJOR shifts in the meaning of a Job and employment and NO ACTION from leadership. And the current foreign policy being exercised for 30 years is EXTREMELY dangerous,. And corporate consolidation just makes govt/collusion EASIER all the time.

Appreciate your open mind -- but I'm NOT as optimistic at all.. Especially with the amped up hostilities against either Hillary and Trump if they GET into the WH. If you think it's polarized now -- it's gonna be a HELL of 4 years that will SEEM like a lifetime of grief..
The country is polarized, but then again when hasn't it been? Despite media sensationalizing, violence is actually down. Local and State governments will handle things just fine while congress bickers and politicizes everything.

Our biggest threat is our foreign policy. It's horrible. We'll be lucky to survive continuing to set the rest of the world on fire and pissing everyone off.

There are 3 candidates in this race:

902450cb780448cb5940a5359ea918da.jpg

hillary_what_difference_reuters.jpg

and lastly:

9caa599c30da3a87c8f748867770bcb4.jpg

Yes, that's the top of Mount Everest.

He takes a lot a flack for being "low key". But I actually LIKE humble. I think humble would be refreshing about now. Particularly with the 2 arrogant meglos that are the main event.

Humble is not to be confused with stoned.. People are just not used to seeing it in politics anymore..

Actually the blue states are in horrible shape. While IL is considered the worst and probably is in the worst shape both CA and RI have their own advocates with really good arguments to make their case. using a bond screen shows nearly 15 states have bond funds in the junk or even sub-junk (will default we just can't know when) yield range. some like CA ignore that their IOUs were in fact a default, others like IL have been in technical default for quite a while and others like RI use a host of gimmicks.

I am so glad you said that! Im proud of you, grasshopper! :p

The Wasted Vote Lie

The worst thing about voting for the “lesser of two evils” is that it actually has the opposite effect of what it’s intended to do. Winning candidates don’t know, they don’t want to know - and frankly don’t care - why people vote for them. They certainly don’t know and don’t care how many of the votes they got were so-called protest votes. All they want is enough votes to win. They’ll consider all the votes they get as an endorsement of their campaign promises or past performance to claim a “mandate from the people.”

The news media aid and abet in this subterfuge when, with a Cheshire cat smile, they ask Libertarian candidates, “You know you can’t win, so why are you running?” They don’t want a meaningful response because their intent is to divert the conversation away from any discussion of substantive issues. Their purpose is to marginalize the Libertarian so they can justify treating the campaign as a sideshow to be covered only for the entertainment value.

The Wasted Vote Lie is often accompanied by another big lie, that your vote for a Libertarian “takes away” votes from the Republican or Democrat. Let’s call this allegation what it is - pure and unadulterated arrogance. The ruling elites believe your vote belongs to them and that you’re too ignorant, or too stupid, or too uninformed to use it wisely. The Wasted Vote Lie and all its variations is an obvious and clear symptom of the condition Republicans and Democrats fear the most - an independent thinking voter.

Let me be clear: there is no such thing as a wasted vote. Your vote belongs to you, and no one else. It doesn’t belong to the Republican or Democratic Party, or any party or candidate for that matter. Your vote is your voice; it is one of your unnamed, inalienable rights, the ultimate expression of your right to free speech and self-government. Your vote is the most precious and meaningful gift you can give to any candidate. Your vote is worth more than any amount of money or any number of volunteer hours you may give, which is why politicians lust after it so hungrily. Your vote cannot be wasted, or stolen, or lost - unless you make a decision to do so.
I agree no vote is "wasted," but remind me of the last time a third party candidate won the presidency. Has it happened?

The Wasted Vote Lie

I agree no vote is "wasted," but remind me of the last time a third party candidate won the presidency. Has it happened?

In 1860.

The Wasted Vote Lie

Is it always about WINNING? Like I said the vast majority of Americans are pissed off at the end of EVERY election. Either because they get rejected or they despise the noise, hype and arrogance of party politics.

We have other goals. Which is to get enough votes so that at the NEXT election, so that we don't have to exhaust our volunteer hours and $40Million just to GET ON 50 state ballots before the contest even starts. Sit in court for 12 arrogant challenges to our ballot status. We want to poll high enough to be even INCLUDED in the debates. We want to run candidates in all 12 to 15% of Congressional seats that the Dems and Reps collude to leave abandoned and uncontested. It's a long list OldLady of REALISTIC goals that will give America 3rd and 4th choices on their ballots.

It all starts with people NOT wasting their votes out of fear -- not supporting the "lesser of 2 evils". Because it's obvious to everyone now that the "lesser of 2 evils" has sunk to the "choice of greater evils" and is still going lower.

Another goal might be to throw this election to the House of Representatives. Which would FORCE a historical MONSTROUS confrontation of the ACTUAL evils of 2 party politics. A little demonstration if you will of how dangerously high the decadence, arrogance and hate in the 2 political corporations has gotten to be.

Only need about 25 electoral votes for a chance to make that happen. And I hope to God we survive that confrontation.

When I am told I am wasting my vote it does make me angry as hell!

When someone utter or writes such nonsense it tell me they are in fear of the chance their candidate will lose this November!

Instead of reflecting on why the two bigger political parties are losing voters like me their supporters are hell bent on telling me why my vote does not matter and I should not vote at all, and that make me want to vote even more because who the hell are they to tell me who I should vote for?

If more Americans would take this stance then maybe for once this political mess that this country has will be cleaned up and fixed, alright that is wishful thinking but things need to change!

No vote is wasted when it is cast and the only wasted vote is the one that does not vote and is eligible to vote!

That could result in LP primaries at all levels and no or low levels of uncontested congressional races.
Another goal might be to throw this election to the House of Representatives. Which would FORCE a historical MONSTROUS confrontation of the ACTUAL evils of 2 party politics. A little demonstration if you will of how dangerously high the decadence, arrogance and hate in the 2 political corporations has gotten to be.

Only need about 25 electoral votes for a chance to make that happen. And I hope to God we survive that confrontation.

The Wasted Vote Lie

In 1860.
Yep and look what that wrought.

The two major political parties have much in common with the Mafia. It is like two major mob families controlling the nation...they protect each other to a point, but if one disses the other, they will go at it. All the while, they are running a racketeering game that enriches and empowers themselves, at the expense of the American people.

Political parties should be outlawed. How about an amendment to the Constitution? Only problem is both parties would ignore it, as they have done with much of the Constitution.

I'm voting Johnson. To my mind he is the best candidate for the job. I vote my conscience, always have, always will.

If everyone who really didn't want Trump, and there are a lot of them, and everyone who really didn't want Clinton, and there are a lot of them, all voted for Johnson, the political machine in this country would be shaken to its core and there would be a Johnson in the White House.

People are always flapping their gums about wanting to change politics in this country, but when push comes to shove, the majority of them fall in line like lemmings and we wind up with the same old shit...

Forum List

Back