Atlanta Braves
Chicago Blackhawks
Cleveland Indians
San Diego Padres
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego State Aztecs

All need to be changed...
Don't be a doofus.

How about the Washington Swamp Rats for the new name?

after all there are not many redskins in the nations capital but its built on a swamp and full of 2-legged rats

Atlanta Braves
Chicago Blackhawks
Cleveland Indians
San Diego Padres
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego State Aztecs

Padres?

It's offensive to Catholics...
I would bet not most Catholics. Just a few being paid, I mean ‘donated to’, to find it offensive.

No one's giving me a dime and I find it offensive. My desires, wants and wishes need to be catered to and I shall not be questioned.

I'm just following the precedent set by the left...

Herp derp

Actually, it looks like FedEx has sent a request that the name be changed. The owner of the team, Dan Snyder, has always said he would never change the name...

FedEx asks Washington Redskins to change team name amid pushback from investors
FedEx investors didn't buy naming rights. Screw them.

From my link:

"In 1999, FedEx became the naming rights partner for the Redskins' home stadium on a 27-year deal worth $205 million. FedEx Chairman and CEO Fred Smith holds an ownership stake in the NFL franchise."

If FedEx decides to sever ties with the Redskins over this, that's gonna' hurt.

Nike has also removed any reference to the Redskins from their website. Every other NFL team is listed:

Nike removes Redskins name, apparel from its website
Somehow doubt the was Fred's Idea and naming rights to the stadium does not give naming rights to team. Not to impressed by Nike, either, although I do like my Air Pegasus shoes. Nike just doing continue penitence for having shoes made by international child labor and sweatshops.

Atlanta Braves
Chicago Blackhawks
Cleveland Indians
San Diego Padres
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego State Aztecs

Cowboys too, all they ever did was kill injuns. But this is ok...

1593792032142.png

The NFL is over, so it doesn't matter anyway, but they should be renamed the Cowboys Practice Team

Atlanta Braves
Chicago Blackhawks
Cleveland Indians
San Diego Padres
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego State Aztecs

Padres?

I would bet not most Catholics. Just a few being paid, I mean ‘donated to’, to find it offensive.

No one's giving me a dime and I find it offensive. My desires, wants and wishes need to be catered to and I shall not be questioned.

Explain why you find it offensive?

Atlanta Braves
Chicago Blackhawks
Cleveland Indians
San Diego Padres
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego State Aztecs

Padres?

Explain why you find it offensive?
Why? Perhaps it's not your concern. Perhaps like one guy always says the left doesn't accept explanations.

Somehow doubt the was Fred's Idea and naming rights to the stadium does not give naming rights to team.

No, it certainly doesn't. But if FedEx pulls out of its relationship with the team, as Nike has apparently done, the financial damage could be catastrophic.

Also, Snyder wants a new stadium built, but officials (local and federal) have told him that's a non-starter if the team doesn't have a name change. Furthermore, Snyder wants to build a new stadium on the RFK Stadium site. That site is federally owned, and a new stadium won't be approved unless the team has a name change.

Basically, they'll never return to DC as the Washington Redskins...

Forum List

Back