Washington Redskins To Change Team Name

Atlanta Braves (NO)
Chicago Blackhawks (NO)
Cleveland Indians (OK, Wheelers [Duchy of Cleves/Keltic Wheel of the Year)
San Diego Padres (YES, Change)
Kansas City Chiefs (NO)
San Diego State Aztecs (NO)

All need to be changed...
As a Redskin Myself.... I would prefer Our heritage is shoved in your face as a reminder as to where you are. And We should remember that Washington was a Powhatan. I would like, as a Washington Powhatan Myself, for the Washington Redskins to continue with that name. Forget not the Powhatan.

Actually, it looks like FedEx has sent a request that the name be changed. The owner of the team, Dan Snyder, has always said he would never change the name...

FedEx asks Washington Redskins to change team name amid pushback from investors
FedEx investors didn't buy naming rights. Screw them.
The owner of Fedex is the minority owner of the Redskins. They play at Fedex Field.
He was a Mississippi/Memphis boy. Doubt renaming/tear down as virtue, naturally occurred to him.

really.png

The most ridiculous aspect of the Redskins renaming fiasco is this. The VAST MAJORITY of Native Americans took pride in the Redskins name. I saw a local news interview of Native Americans and they said that as kids it was one of the few things that they could identify with. The Redskins Logo made them happy to see a face that looked like them, identifying with such a proud and successful team. They liked wearing Redskins gear and rooted hard for the team. Now that has been taken away from them by the idiot Wokesters who decided for them that 'Redskins' was too offensive.

Even their new name is F'ed up...the Washington Football Club?
They're out there playing something, but it sure as hell isn't football!

The most ridiculous aspect of the Redskins renaming fiasco is this. The VAST MAJORITY of Native Americans took pride in the Redskins name. I saw a local news interview of Native Americans and they said that as kids it was one of the few things that they could identify with. The Redskins Logo made them happy to see a face that looked like them, identifying with such a proud and successful team. They liked wearing Redskins gear and rooted hard for the team. Now that has been taken away from them by the idiot Wokesters who decided for them that 'Redskins' was too offensive.
/---/ Yes, but White Liberals know better.

Forum List

Back