Was your granny a Nazi next door?

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Home Office reveals blacklist featuring 720 ordinary Britons who 'wanted to help Hitler if he invaded the UK'

• Banned
^ A fascinating Home Office blacklist featuring 720 Britons believed to have wanted to help Nazi Germany in the event of a UK invasion has been revealed.

Historian Neil Storey has studied the regional lists at the National Archives which were compiled by police and MI5 in August 1940 during the Second World War.

They revealed the names of people thought to have been in a network of traitors, closet Nazis and an underground army of infiltrators known as the Fifth Column.

Civil servants, teachers and shopkeepers were all on the list, with Mr Storey saying most were 'ordinary people' from across Britain - 'the person next door'.

Others, young and old, included retired British Army officers, businessmen, publicans, domestic servants, roundsmen, factory workers and farm labourers.

The list also included some more well-known names such as British Union of Fascists leader Sir Oswald Mosley, who was imprisoned in 1940 and his party banned.

No my Granny was not. May she rest in peace, she passed away about 9 years ago.

.....like I've said in other threads = the Germans, hitler, Brits, etc were/are just like people all over the world in many eras.....there are Americans who would help America's enemies, now....there were a lot of pro-hitler Americans/etc....
...some Germans were pro-hitler--some not ....some agreed to some of his policies, but not other policies...etc
...but were the grannies/all the grannies really pro-nazi [ pro-genocide/etc? ] --no

Hitler was just misunderstood. ... :cool:

Mein Kampf gives me indigestion.

I tried to read it once back in the 60's. About 5 pages was as far as I got.
Same here, they wrote different back then.
...or the translation was messed up.

German is hard to understand. I took three years of conversational german in HS and two years of college German, and got straight A's in them. But that was back in the 60's and 70's and I hardly remember any of it.

German is like Spanish and some other languages: Every damned noun has a pronoun that can be either masculine, feminine, or neuter.

Took Russian back in HS back in '67 too, but dropped out after one month. Maybe that's the reason I was called a "Russian troll" by those USMB liberals, throughout the four years Trump was President.

But then, everyone who tells them something they don't want to hear is a "Russian troll" too, so I have plenty of company.

German is hard to understand. I took three years of conversational german in HS and two years of college German, and got straight A's in them. But that was back in the 60's and 70's and I hardly remember any of it.

German is like Spanish and some other languages: Every damned noun has a pronoun that can be either masculine, feminine, or neuter.

Took Russian back in HS back in '67 too, but dropped out after one month. Maybe that's the reason I was called a "Russian troll" by those USMB liberals, throughout the four years Trump was President.

But then, everyone who tells them something they don't want to hear is a "Russian troll" too, so I have plenty of company.
I live under the bridge at hiway 380 & 35. How 'bout you?

I used to live in the dumpster out back of the Walmart at Beltline and Airport Freeway in Irving, but some dirty meskin crackheads came and took over the dumpster.

I moved up in the world. Now I'm living in a cardboard refrigerator box in SW Wisconsin.

:auiqs.jpg:

I used to live in the dumpster out back of the Walmart at Beltline and Airport Freeway in Irving, but some dirty meskin crackheads came and took over the dumpster.

I moved up in the world. Now I'm living in a cardboard refrigerator box in SW Wisconsin.

:auiqs.jpg:
My wife is lhao...

Was your granny a Nazi next door?

Yes... she was very strict with her gardener.

4m.jpg

Forum List

Back