Zone1 Was Jesus Woke?

there is brain surgery that is robotic, you are not as safe as you claim ...
Robotics don't replace surgeons. They just make the procedures less invasive. I opted for "open" hernia surgery after I saw a video of the robotic procedure. It was terribly clumsy. My scars are virtually invisible whereas the holes made for the robotic arms are always evident.

You're 80+ years old, according to what you've told me in the past. What skill do you have that can't be replaced by an intelligent robot or AI? I'm a CNC machinist and for the last two years, I've been training the AI that will replace me. When I started at the end of 2021 the AI could hardly code a simple project, needing me to write most of the code, today, the AI is coding practically everything and I'm just there as a supervisor. I'd say I have another year or two at the most before I'm no longer needed. I'm 51, so I'm not that old. If it wasn't for the side business I have with my wife I would be up the creek.
As a maintenance worker I do a multitude of low-skill tasks that neither machines or AI can do. Most jobs are safe from AI and robotics. It's the high-tech sector that needs to worry.

How are those robots at mopping stairs?

Janitor work takes me about two hours per week, including the stairs.

How much would a robot janitor cost my company (one that does stairs)?

We've got some large dead trees that need to come down. Is there a robot for that?

Can that bathroom robot replace a toilet or a sink, or repair crumbling wall plaster, then paint the room (also, the door needs to be removed for painting)? I can post scores of my tasks that a robot can't do.

And even if they could we couldn't afford one.

Last edited:
How are those robots at mopping stairs?

Janitor work takes me about two hours per week, including the stairs.

How much would a robot janitor cost my company (one that does stairs)?

We've got some large dead trees that need to come down. Is there a robot for that?

Can that bathroom robot replace a toilet or a sink, or repair crumbling wall plaster, then paint the room (also, the door needs to be removed for painting)? I can post scores of my tasks that a robot can't do.

And even if they could we couldn't afford one.
You apparently don't realize how advanced robotics and artificial intelligence have become in the last few years. Yes indeed, systems can, will, and are right now as I'm writing this, being developed to do EVERYTHING a human laborer does. I agree with you, all of the systems and infrastructure aren't in place in 2024, but in 2030, or 2035, forget it. Intelligent, autonomous robots will do EVERYTHING you are doing now as a janitor. New construction (including old buildings) and building codes will be compatible with this technology, allowing robots to do everything (including mopping stairs and everything else you mentioned).

Last edited:
You apparently don't realize how advanced robotics and artificial intelligence have become in the last few years. Yes indeed, systems can, will, and are right now as I'm writing this, being developed to do EVERYTHING a human laborer does. I agree with you, all of the systems and infrastructure aren't in place in 2024, but in 2030, or 2035, forget it. Intelligent, autonomous robots will do EVERYTHING you are doing now as a janitor. New construction (including old buildings) and building codes will be compatible with this technology, allowing robots to do everything (including mopping stairs and everything else you mentioned).
Why would we want such a world?

You can't think of anything else to do with your precious time and effort than mop stairs and change light bulbs? I can.
I get restless when I don't have work to do.

Mopping the stairs keeps me humble (and LED's last forever).

I do benefit from AI and robotics, but not directly.

I've made a great living doing simple tasks. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Mopping the stairs keeps me humble (and LED's last forever).

I do benefit from AI and robotics, but not directly.

I've made a great living doing simple tasks. :biggrin:
I've had plenty of interactions with you on this forum in the last two years, and you're far from "humble", that's just your delusional, false facade. Humanity will progress technologically, socially, and spiritually, despite your demand for primitive simplicity and skewed definition of humility.

I've had plenty of interactions with you on this forum in the last two years, and you're far from "humble", that's just your delusional, false facade. Humanity will progress technologically, socially, and spiritually, despite your demand for primitive simplicity and skewed definition of humility.

Humility: Not too proud to do menial tasks. :biggrin:

You don't have to dress in sackcloth and ashes to be humble. ;)

I use all the modern machine tools needed for my work, including a well equipped wood shop. I also routinely use simple hand tools. I also design and build tools (that no one else has thought of producing yet).

Robotics are routinely used to produce simple things, including hand tools.

Last edited:
Humility: Not too proud to do menial tasks. :biggrin:

You don't have to dress in sackcloth and ashes to be humble. ;)
Within the context of what we were originally discussing, capitalists look for the most efficient, cheapest way to get the job done, and if a robot can do it more affordable, then the robot takes the job. You originally discussed your employment, not your personal "humility" in doing menial work. You go from discussing your work situation as a member of the working class, to now being the "humble", wealthy landlord in his 80s who supposedly cleans toilets, mops stairs, and changes lightbulbs. You're all over the place. You just like to argue. Squable.

Within the context of what we were originally discussing, capitalists look for the most efficient, cheapest way to get the job done, and if a robot can do it more affordable, then the robot takes the job. You originally discussed your employment, not your personal "humility" in doing menial work. You go from discussing your work situation as a member of the working class, to now being the "humble", wealthy landlord in his 80s who supposedly cleans toilets, mops stairs, and changes lightbulbs. You're all over the place. You just like to argue. Squable.
Nice try, but it's you who likes to argue. My job is multifaceted as are most. I do some menial tasks, which I am happy to do. Most others require some skill but are still quite ordinary. All are necessary. An engineer once told me that his job had a lot a drudgery as well, mainly crunching numbers.

My company couldn't afford and wouldn't benefit from any kind of robot, the same for most businesses. Our business is maintenance, not production. Trying to shoehorn production technology into maintenance jobs won't fly.

It is clear that you have no idea what the maintenance field is. Everything wears out, falls apart, gets broken, or doesn't work in the first place. Task your robots with that.

Jesus was for the downtrodden, the poor, the needy, the ill, the widow, the orphan.

That sure does not sound like MAGA.
Jesus came to further the work of "the restitution of all things", or, making the universe great again, starting with the earth. "Making Everything Great Again" would be good mantra.

Jesus came to further the work of "the restitution of all things", or, making the universe great again, starting with the earth. "Making Everything Great Again" would be good mantra.
In the time before His first advent, G-d set up a system of animal sacrifice for the atonement of sin among the Israelites. This was a foreshadowing of the coming Lamb of G-d who takes away the sins of the World. His finished work on the Cross was for the redemption of mankind, but also redemption of the world. This will be completed when He returns to claim what is rightfully His in the first place.

But not with the MAGA set today. They are a horrible representation of the goals and values of the American way of Truth and Justice.

Forum List

Back