Was Jesus a Human Being?

And did these Gnostic Christians before the canon hold different beliefs about there being two Gods, etc? Are you aware of any Gnostic gospels that discussed two Gods?
I believe the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Peter are docetic and believe there is a god of the OT and another of the NT.

There's no evidence you will accept. You can't even define a decent perception of what you claimed you looked for.
I'll accept, as I've said, anything that shows me something supernatural.

And you were twelve years old when you did that and stopped looking. Your words. :rolleyes:
No, I said I found an answer at age 12 but I never said I stopped looking. I'm here after all trying to find different answers that make more sense than mine. Still looking...

I believe the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Peter are docetic and believe there is a god of the OT and another of the NT.

I'll accept, as I've said, anything that shows me something supernatural.

No, I said I found an answer at age 12 but I never said I stopped looking. I'm here after all trying to find different answers that make more sense than mine. Still looking...
I believe some might interpret that but that's not what they are saying.

The universe shouldn't exist to create intelligence.

Actually that's not what you said. You said you made up your mind by age 12. Everything that followed was the pursuit of confirmation bias. Like I said before, you didn't even have a realistic perception of what you were looking for. You still to this day cannot force yourself to even try. I have tried to get you to look beyond your silly perception of God but you are stubborn. That's how strong your bias is.

I believe some might interpret that but that's not what they are saying.
I'm an expert in the Gnostics but I'll stand by my point that there can be no heresy until there is orthodoxy.

The universe shouldn't exist to create intelligence.
You've never convinced me that it does. So far as I know this theory is unique to you.

Actually that's not what you said. You said you made up your mind by age 12. Everything that followed was the pursuit of confirmation bias.
I'm pretty sure the term 'confirmation bias' is yours and not mine and I don't accept it.

Like I said before, you didn't even have a realistic perception of what you were looking for. You still to this day cannot force yourself to even try. I have tried to get you to look beyond your silly perception of God but you are stubborn. That's how strong your bias is.
Like I have tried to get you to see that just because there may have been a creator of the universe doesn't mean he sent his son to earth 14 billion years later. And you call my perception of God silly??

I'm an expert in the Gnostics but I'll stand by my point that there can be no heresy until there is orthodoxy.

You've never convinced me that it does. So far as I know this theory is unique to you.

I'm pretty sure the term 'confirmation bias' is yours and not mine and I don't accept it.

Like I have tried to get you to see that just because there may have been a creator of the universe doesn't mean he sent his son to earth 14 billion years later. And you call my perception of God silly??
You've always seen what you want to see so it's no surprise that you would take such a silly position in the first place.

It's not my job to convince you. I couldn't care less that wander around trying to fill your godvoid.

I looked up the definition an your avie was next to it.

That's some crackerjack logic there, chief.

Re: I'm an expert in the Gnostics but I'll stand by my point that there can be no heresy until there is orthodoxy.

Oops, typo: I'm NOT an expert in the Gnostics

It's not my job to convince you. I couldn't care less that wander around trying to fill your godvoid.
I feel bad that such an obvious gap in your logic is unrecognized.

That's some crackerjack logic there, chief.
Feel free to explain.

Re: I'm an expert in the Gnostics but I'll stand by my point that there can be no heresy until there is orthodoxy.

Oops, typo: I'm NOT an expert in the Gnostics

I feel bad that such an obvious gap in your logic is unrecognized.

Feel free to explain.
You are drawn to discussing God. You can't help yourself. It's hardwired into you like a moth to a flame.

Apparently your complaint is that God didn't do enough magic for you. One would have thought creating a universe that produced life and intelligence would be the more impressive option.

The central tenets of Christianity are that Jesus was God in human form, died on the Cross, was physically resurrected and then ascended to Heaven. From a logical viewpoint, I have the following questions:

1. If Jesus was a human being, he would have had 64 chromosomes, 32 from his mother and 32 from his father. The only exception would be if he was cloned from his mother. In that case wouldn't he have been female?
He was indeed a human being, if he actually existed for which there is no solid evidence. He was not from a virgin births or the other crap they dispense
2. After Jesus died on the Cross, was he physically resurrected as a human being?
No. Resurrection is impossible. It was inv e need by religion to give the impression only gods can do it. It is a complete lie and has never happened.
If so, how did he ascend to Heaven? Is Heaven a physical place?
Levitation is trickery.
There is no heaven. The believers will invent many scenarios. The popular one is it's spiritual so atheists cant prove it doesn't exist, nor can they prove it does.
Do other human beings live there as well? If not, why not?
The closest you will get to heaven after death is the incorrectly named residence of every human being who was buried. Its called a cemetery.

My perspective is that either the lion's share of the gospel accounts are true, or they are purely a work of fiction. I see no room telling the tale of an ordinary man that has been partially embellished. To me, it is far too much work to separate truth from fantasy, and in such a case it would be far easier to make the whole thing up.

Again...........the scriptures declare, Acts 1:1-11, "...............as they were looking on, He was lifted up, and a could took Him out of their sight........"
Yes, he was lifted up, exalted, like a police officer is lifted up for heroism. He did not depart. “I am with you always,” he assured his friends before his ascension (Mt 28:20). No one actually saw Jesus float up into space. Again, the word is epairō, to exalt.

Contrast this with a literal sense of “lifting up” in the Gospel of John.

When Jesus said that he would be lifted up from the earth, he was foretelling a literal event; he was alluding to his crucifixion (Jn 3:14; 8:28; 12:32-33). He foretold his manner of execution. From the Greek hupsoo, lifted in this case refers to a height; in this case Jesus literally ascended. At his crucifixion, Jesus was literally elevated above the ground on a wooden beam; in contrast, at his ascension, he was spiritually exulted to the Father.

He was indeed a human being, if he actually existed for which there is no solid evidence. He was not from a virgin births or the other crap they dispense

No. Resurrection is impossible. It was inv e need by religion to give the impression only gods can do it. It is a complete lie and has never happened.

Levitation is trickery.
There is no heaven. The believers will invent many scenarios. The popular one is it's spiritual so atheists cant prove it doesn't exist, nor can they prove it does.

The closest you will get to heaven after death is the incorrectly named residence of every human being who was buried. Its called a cemetery.
Jwoodie

Sad but true and you have nothing to the contrary and you know it. You've all been conned.

You are drawn to discussing God. You can't help yourself. It's hardwired into you like a moth to a flame.
Or, like the Big Lie of election fraud, it is all around me and impossible to ignore

Apparently your complaint is that God didn't do enough magic for you. One would have thought creating a universe that produced life and intelligence would be the more impressive option.
If he did all that, you'd think he'd sign his work.

Or, like the Big Lie of election fraud, it is all around me and impossible to ignore

If he did all that, you'd think he'd sign his work.
That's odd because the vast majority of atheists do.

He did. You just are blind to seeing it.

Unlike most Christians, I read the OT long before I ever read the NT. Most of my counterparts in the Church tend to view the OT through the lens of the NT. I tend to view the NT through the lens of the OT.
I saw truth, beauty, and grace in the OT long before I ever found it in the NT.
Jesus is the Lamb of God sacrificed on the Day of Atonement. Too bad that NT Christians see only the sacrifice of the Lamb. There is much more to the Day of Atonement.
I pray that God open their eyes to the fullness of it.

Rather vague don't you think? I keep looking for answers, not new age pabulum.
Not for me it wasn't. I hope you don't mind if I don't believe that you have looked for answers. You couldn't even find how the Gnostic Heresy began in the 2nd century. So, no. You only look for what you want to find.

Not for me it wasn't. I hope you don't mind if I don't believe that you have looked for answers. You couldn't even find how the Gnostic Heresy began in the 2nd century. So, no. You only look for what you want to find.
Maybe you need to dig deeper? Contemporary scholarship largely agrees that Gnosticism has Jewish Christian origins, originating in the late first century AD in nonrabbinical Jewish sects and early Christian sects.

Forum List

Back