Was it right for Trump to use three Americans, falsely imprisoned and mistreated for a photo op?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
I tried to look up news that showed Obama did the same thing.

After all, ten were freed under Obama.

Trump Says Obama Administration Failed to Free Three American Hostages Held in North Korea

Trump says he beat Obama by getting three US prisoners ‘released by North Korea’ - even though two were jailed on his watch

And two of the three freed were arrested since Trump became president. Sad that Trump would lie about something like this again and again:

DczJtl1XkAAHK6U.jpg

10 harrowing details about Jason Rezaian and Yeganeh Salehi’s imprisonment in Iran

So I was watching an interview with Jason Rezaian who was one of the hostages freed under Obama. He said when he was freed, he was allowed alone time with his family and it wasn't until weeks later that he actually met with Obama in an informal and low key setting. That's why I couldn't find such photo ops with Obama. And Obama had ten opportunities.

Everytime I see the kinds of things Trump does I wonder what kind of people Republicans are to follow him. I'm pretty sure, by now, I know.

Trump Says Obama Administration Failed to Free Three American Hostages Held in North Korea

Trump says he beat Obama by getting three US prisoners ‘released by North Korea’ - even though two were jailed on his watch

And two of the three freed were arrested since Trump became president. Sad that Trump would lie about something like this again and again:

DczJtl1XkAAHK6U.jpg

10 harrowing details about Jason Rezaian and Yeganeh Salehi’s imprisonment in Iran

So I was watching an interview with Jason Rezaian who was one of the hostages freed under Obama. He said when he was freed, he was allowed alone time with his family and it wasn't until weeks later that he actually met with Obama in an informal and low key setting. That's why I couldn't find such photo ops with Obama. And Obama had ten opportunities.

Everytime I see the kinds of things Trump does I wonder what kind of people Republicans are to follow him. I'm pretty sure, by now, I know.
many here wonder what kind of a person does thread after thread of the same old type of shit....and im pretty sure by now i know....

DczJtl1XkAAHK6U.jpg

They often do photo ops...Trump is not unusual in that regard. The difference here is they don’t lie about it like Trump is in claiming Obama was trying to get these guys released for years whe two were captured in just the past year.

Of course his supporters refuse to call him on his lies.

DczJtl1XkAAHK6U.jpg

I don't know about all of that, but it was a total wincing moment when Trump said
“We want to thank [North Korean leader] Kim Jong Un, who really was excellent to these three incredible people,”
With the hostages standing beside him, no less. If a guy can say that with no clue he's being insensitive, why wouldn't he use them as a photo op? It's all in a day's reality tv.

Was it wrong for Obama to swap 5 Gitmo Terrorists for a deserter and then bring his parents to the White House for a "photo op"?
Trump is swapping a direct meeting with the potus and no preconditions.
I think that's quite a stretch to call a summit meeting with North Korea a swap.

Not at all.

No US president has had a direct meeting with the NK leader. Why? Because NK has always refused pre-conditions. Trump is giving him a meeting with the most important man in the world (what they've long wanted) in exchange for....what?

DczJtl1XkAAHK6U.jpg

People keep talking about Trump as if he's a normal person. He isn't. There is no soul inside him. He's a hollow person and there is NOTHING off limits to him to try to make himself 'look good' and thus for him to feel good about himself.

He's one of these empty people that constantly looks outside of himself for ANYTHING to fill the void inside. As do many of his followers.

None of you Libtards bitch about that asshole Obama bringing Bowe Bergdalh's filthy ass Muslim parents to the White House for a photo opt.

DczJtl1XkAAHK6U.jpg

There is not a politician the plant that would not have!

DczJtl1XkAAHK6U.jpg

They often do photo ops...Trump is not unusual in that regard. The difference here is they don’t lie about it like Trump is in claiming Obama was trying to get these guys released for years whe two were captured in just the past year.

Of course his supporters refuse to call him on his lies.
There is a difference between a photo op with basketball players and a photo op with people who were unjustly suffering. Were they even asked?

None of you Libtards bitch about that asshole Obama bringing Bowe Bergdalh's filthy ass Muslim parents to the White House for a photo opt.
Because they just got out of a foreign prison, right?

DczJtl1XkAAHK6U.jpg

many here wonder what kind of a person does thread after thread of the same old type of shit....and im pretty sure by now i know....
How can you start a thread about Trump without mentioning lies? I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

DczJtl1XkAAHK6U.jpg

How can you start a thread about Trump without mentioning lies? I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

Notice they totally ignore the blatent lies. Every time. Trump claimed Obama had tried for years to get these men released. Then the facts emerge that oops - two were captured under Trump, and one in the latter part of Obama's Administration.

Anyone have anything to say on these lies?

History shows The Democrat Party leaves Americans to rot.

If in doubt consider Jimmuh Carter and Iran.

Remember Jimmy? No, well I guess you'd feel better if you could do that. Especially since he lost the crown of "America's Worst President EVAHHHH" to The Kenyan Kid.

History shows The Democrat Party leaves Americans to rot.

If in doubt consider Jimmuh Carter and Iran.

Remember Jimmy? No, well I guess you'd feel better if you could do that. Especially since he lost the crown of "America's Worst President EVAHHHH" to The Kenyan Kid.

Untrue - A brief recent history of political prisoners and hostages

It might seem that way because other presidents don't try to make big headlines out of it.

Forum List

Back