Was I the last to know?

DustyInfinity

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2018
Midwest
I feel really naive that I believed people had any part of how they are governed. I was partially aware, because I noticed none of the people we voted in did anything we wanted them to. All of the uniparty and two sides of the same coin people had it 100% correct. The corporations and money that owns congress messed up in 2016 because they didn't think Trump could win. A populist president will never be allowed to win in the future. I think it was pretty messed up that people were allowed to think they had any power. I bought in to that. I'll admit I was a sucker, but it makes me curious. How long has the elite had complete control? When was the last time a citizen had any real power?

When was the last time a citizen had any real power?
dogday.jpg

I feel really naive that I believed people had any part of how they are governed. I was partially aware, because I noticed none of the people we voted in did anything we wanted them to. All of the uniparty and two sides of the same coin people had it 100% correct. The corporations and money that owns congress messed up in 2016 because they didn't think Trump could win. A populist president will never be allowed to win in the future. I think it was pretty messed up that people were allowed to think they had any power. I bought in to that. I'll admit I was a sucker, but it makes me curious. How long has the elite had complete control? When was the last time a citizen had any real power?
As it has always been, it is ultimately true from the moment you buy into that theory and give up all control to the higher powers as one too weak to carry on and have a voice.
If thinking, ascribing to a radical change minority group empowered you more than the majority of Americans or those elected or appointed powers that be, it was a foolish thought in a one person/one vote republic. Numbers (even minority numbers) have more power than the single voice, at least most of the time, and always will. You will get over this moment in history and learn more valuable lessons than that expressed in your post. Good luck with your personal journey.

As it has always been, it is ultimately true from the moment you buy into that theory and give up all control to the higher powers as one too weak to carry on and have a voice.
If thinking, ascribing to a radical change minority group empowered you more than the majority of Americans or those elected or appointed powers that be, it was a foolish thought in a one person/one vote republic. Numbers (even minority numbers) have more power than the single voice, at least most of the time, and always will. You will get over this moment in history and learn more valuable lessons than that expressed in your post. Good luck with your personal journey.
I wouldn't get too excited that someone with a D after their name won. It isn't like you have any say over what the agenda is. The political, ruling, class tells the people what they want to hear to get elected and then they make the government and debt grow even further. It might be worth pondering why people from congress never, and I mean never get into trouble from any law enforcement agencies. It isn't because they are as pure as the driven snow, and it isn't because nobody knows what is going on. At least I woke up, and I think democrats will too even thought they think they have won something right now.

Lets put it this way. Democrats, when the government gives big business everything it wants, and then Washington starts a new war, what can you do? I'll imagine nobody voted for that. We might as well just take the Stars and Stripes down.

Citizens have the ultimate power. They just kicked the most powerful man in the world out of the Oval Office my filling in circles on a sheet of paper. That’s power.

Citizens have the ultimate power. They just kicked the most powerful man in the world out of the Oval Office my filling in circles on a sheet of paper. That’s power.
Even if you think that is true, I am going to make a prediction. Republicans are going to stop voting, because they think it is fixed. Democrats will get big majorities everywhere and they are going to do their happy dance. Then, as in post number 5, big business will get everything it wants and stupid wars will break out. Democrats will say 'what the hell, we have control of everything, what are you people doing?' We are no different than China. We don't get executed for speaking out, but our elites don't care because they know citizens are powerless. Our ruling class will just keep rolling in their multiple homes and yachts.

Forum List

Back