Warnings on WMD Fabricaror Were Ignored

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
In late January 2003, as Secretary of State Colin Powell prepared to argue the Bush administration's case against Iraq at the United Nations, veteran CIA officer Tyler Drumheller sat down with a classified draft of Powell's speech to look for errors. He found a whopper: a claim about mobile biological labs built by Iraq for germ warfare. Drumheller instantly recognized the source, an Iraqi defector suspected of being mentally unstable and a liar. The CIA officer took his pen, he recounted in an interview, and crossed out the whole paragraph. A few days later, the lines were back in the speech. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/24/AR2006062401081.html?sub=new

It's REAL and informative. READ IT!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
In late January 2003, as Secretary of State Colin Powell prepared to argue the Bush administration's case against Iraq at the United Nations, veteran CIA officer Tyler Drumheller sat down with a classified draft of Powell's speech to look for errors. He found a whopper: a claim about mobile biological labs built by Iraq for germ warfare. Drumheller instantly recognized the source, an Iraqi defector suspected of being mentally unstable and a liar. The CIA officer took his pen, he recounted in an interview, and crossed out the whole paragraph. A few days later, the lines were back in the speech. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/24/AR2006062401081.html?sub=new

Psychoblues

NO!!!!

It's also from the Washington Post, one of the very same prestigious papers that thinks leaking classified information to the terrorists so they know exactly how we find them a noble calling. I wouldn't trust them farther than I could throw them.

Hobbit said:
NO!!!!

It's also from the Washington Post, one of the very same prestigious papers that thinks leaking classified information to the terrorists so they know exactly how we find them a noble calling. I wouldn't trust them farther than I could throw them.

Yeah, it's a shame that not every newspaper can have the credentials of the Talon News... or the male prostitutes.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

*yawn*

So what? First, the government has acknowledge bad intelligence, second, the guy is selling a book, and third, Drumheller may have recognized ONE source...there very possibly may have been others. Checking a report for errors is not the same thing as checking the validity of intelligence (which he was NOT asked to do).

RETHINK YOUR POSITION!!! and GET HELP!! ( I think I got the number of exclamation points right...dont have my glasses on so hard to tell.)

Go ahead and "yawn".

First, the United States Government does not acknowledge "bad intelligence". The United States Government is comprised of millions of people, operations, offices and ideas. The now leader of this huge operation acknowledges "bad intelligence" along with several of his more equally egotistical supporters. Blame them, not "us" thing? Ever ran into that or them in your worklife? Many very innocent lives and careers have been ruined by the "Blame Them, Not Us" bunch of incompetent jerks.

Second, What's wrong with selling a book? Why don't you write a book, CSM, or is it that you just don't have anything interesting and honest that you might be able to sell?

Third, I think he certainly checked and double checked the report for validity. Any errors there can be directly traced to his publisher. What, exactly, are you trying to say?

I've been thinking about positions for many years, CSM. I've never been a "do as you are told" type. Many times I do as I'm told but I need to be satisfied that my actions are well founded and ultimately productive. Maybe you just haven't thought all that much about it?

You got any direct critisisms of the article that you can back up, are you just carrying on the senseless accusations of bias that a few others here espouse or are you just attacking Psychoblues personally?

Psychoblues

CSM said:
*yawn*

So what? First, the government has acknowledge bad intelligence, second, the guy is selling a book, and third, Drumheller may have recognized ONE source...there very possibly may have been others. Checking a report for errors is not the same thing as checking the validity of intelligence (which he was NOT asked to do).

RETHINK YOUR POSITION!!! and GET HELP!! ( I think I got the number of exclamation points right...dont have my glasses on so hard to tell.)

Psychoblues said:
I'm doing my very best to do exactly that, dilloduck. But, the lemmings keep telling me to jump.

Psychoblues

No, your not---you are doing your best to trash the current administration liek so many others. We are in a war. You are a target of the enemy like the rest of us. Bitching about how we got here is a waste of time.

Sorry, my friend, you are the one that likes to bitch but accuse your opposition of bitching. I fully embraced the original WAR ON TERROR as proposed by our last President, William Jefferson Clinton, and I adamantly opposed the Republican resistance for it. I also fully supported the WAR ON TERROR as originally proposed by the current pResident, George W. Bush, but he blew it all away when he ordered the invasion of Iraq.

We could have certainly been in a comprehensive and winnable WAR ON TERROR as early as 1993 but the "Wag the Dog" Republicans couldn't stand it and let it be known worldwide they had no stomach whatsoever for it. Something changed in 2001. I don't and won't forget that very certain fact.

Figure it out for yourself, dilloduck. The republicans are in it for the money plain and simple. Worship your golden calves, I'll be earning my own way as I have been for all of my life. The Democrats have respected me for that. The Republicans have tried to take away even that ability from me. You can figure that out for yourself as well if you know the history.

Psychoblues

dilloduck said:
No, your not---you are doing your best to trash the current administration liek so many others. We are in a war. You are a target of the enemy like the rest of us. Bitching about how we got here is a waste of time.

Forum List

Back