Warnings of economic boycott rile Israeli minister

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
The Israeli Right Wing just doesn't see the writing on the wall: the world community is sick and tired of the Occupation and demands an end or it will act with an economic boycott and probably an arms embargo...

. Yahoo!

Reuters
By Crispian Balmer
6 hours ago

Bennett smiles during a Jewish Home party meeting, at the Knesset, the Israeli parliament, in Jerusalem
View gallery

Naftali Bennett (C), smiles during a Jewish Home party meeting, at the Knesset, the Israeli parliament, …

By Crispian Balmer

Related Stories

Peace talks deadline may be extended: Israel minister AFP
Kerry says progress in peace talks but more work needed AFP
Israel summons European envoys in settlement dispute Reuters
Israel says it will build new homes in West Bank Associated Press
US diplomat: Draft on Israel-Palestinian deal soon Associated Press

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Economy Minister Naftali Bennett dismissed on Monday a growing chorus of alarm that Israeli business will face international isolation if peace talks with the Palestinians fail.

Indicating rising friction within the government, Bennett urged Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to ignore the warnings, saying an independent Palestine would become a haven for militants and represent a serious threat to Israeli stability.

"A Palestinian state would crush Israel's economy," Bennett told supporters of his right-wing nationalist 'Jewish Home' party that has threatened to quit Netanyahu's coalition if peace negotiations progress.

Bennett's dire vision came on the day a group of prominent Israeli and Palestinian corporate leaders said they would fly to the Davos World Economic Forum this week to throw their weight behind U.S. efforts to secure an unlikely peace accord.

Itamar Rabinovich, a former ambassador to Washington and a member of the Israeli-Palestinian 'Breaking the Impasse' group, said the business community recognized the potential rewards to be reaped if the talks succeed, and the risks posed by failure.

"A deal would mean Israel could invest less in defense and would open up huge economic opportunities with the Arab world," he told Reuters. "But an economic boycott and loss of international legitimacy is undoubtedly a major threat."

Last edited:
Indeed, Israel does consider BDS to be an existential threat and is throwing considerable resources against it.

Indeed, Israel does consider BDS to be an existential threat and is throwing considerable resources against it.

And the likes of you will find the boycott gives you something else to moan about when prices in the shops go up. Then your family finds that medical intervention has been halted due to costs. Lastly Intel has no more chips to put in computers and you cant get on the internet to spread your ANTI SEMITIC JAEW HATRED SHIT AROUND

And the likes of you will find the boycott gives you something else to moan about when prices in the shops go up. Then your family finds that medical intervention has been halted due to costs. Lastly Intel has no more chips to put in computers and you cant get on the internet to spread your ANTI SEMITIC JEW HATRED SHIT AROUND

And the likes of you will find the boycott gives you something else to moan about when prices in the shops go up. Then your family finds that medical intervention has been halted due to costs. Lastly Intel has no more chips to put in computers and you cant get on the internet to spread your ANTI SEMITIC JEW HATRED SHIT AROUND

Pfffft, Like Israel invented medical research and computers.

I don't have an Intel processor in my computer and it works fine.

I'm really surprised, Mr. Tinmore, at how devoted you are to your cause for Hamas that you even give up your beauty sleep to post on these forums. Regardless if you don't use any Intel products, we all know that most of us posting are not what you would call spring chickens and in the future might be in need of certain medical innovations which will help us. I certainly hope that you tell your doctor that you never want to see him calling for anything that came out of Israel even though you might need it. We all know that throughout the year, Israel has come up with many amazing medical innovations, and here are some which are considered the top 5.

Israel's Top 5 Medical Breakthroughs in 2013

Although I disagree with a lot of what Tinmore says, he's not a Jew hater. I've never seen him slander Jews or Judaism..

They invent new medical processes every day and sell them to the world at a good price. Many chip manufacturers have offices in Tel Aviv that employ Israeli whizz kids to write faster code and increase computing power, intel being just one. You will find at least one Intel chip in your computer as without it you would not be able to see this board, as Intel don't just make processors but video, I/O, USB, drive controllers, north bridge, south bridge and modem chips.

EVER HAD HEART SURGERY OR PROCEDURES BECAUSE ISREAL ARE THE LEADING PRODUCER OF SURGICAL PRODUCTS FOR THIS SORT OF THING. I HAVE HAD AT LEAST 5 ISREALI CATHETERS INSERTED INTO MY HEART TO CHECK FOR ARTERY DAMAGE.

I'm really surprised, Mr. Tinmore, at how devoted you are to your cause for Hamas that you even give up your beauty sleep to post on these forums. Regardless if you don't use any Intel products, we all know that most of us posting are not what you would call spring chickens and in the future might be in need of certain medical innovations which will help us. I certainly hope that you tell your doctor that you never want to see him calling for anything that came out of Israel even though you might need it. We all know that throughout the year, Israel has come up with many amazing medical innovations, and here are some which are considered the top 5.

As you know I have problems with my heart and will be going into hospital shortly for ablation to correct an abnormal heart rhythm and atrial fibrillation ( what they use a defibrillator for ). The equipment used is mostly of Israeli manufacture and even with shipping costs is still better value than the same from another country.

Although I disagree with a lot of what Tinmore says, he's not a Jew hater. I've never seen him slander Jews or Judaism..

You don't need to slander Jews or Judaism to be a Jew hater, just slipping in the term Zionist is deemed to be anti semitic, denying their right to exist is also another sign and he does plenty of that.

As you know I have problems with my heart and will be going into hospital shortly for ablation to correct an abnormal heart rhythm and atrial fibrillation ( what they use a defibrillator for ). The equipment used is mostly of Israeli manufacture and even with shipping costs is still better value than the same from another country.

May you have a Refuah Sheleymah (speedy and full recovery)!

Phoenall,

I would also like to join "ForeverYoung436" in wishing you all the best.

Sincerely,
Rocco

Last edited:

And the likes of you will find the boycott gives you something else to moan about when prices in the shops go up. Then your family finds that medical intervention has been halted due to costs. Lastly Intel has no more chips to put in computers and you cant get on the internet to spread your ANTI SEMITIC JAEW HATRED SHIT AROUND

I'm not trying to thread jack here but I have to ask: Why does disagreeing with Israeli policy equate to anti-Semitism? I did a search and did not see a thread exactly devoted to this question.

May you have a Refuah Sheleymah (speedy and full recovery)!

Apparently the procedure is very quick and the recovery time is minimal. The worst part is the venal cuts to insert the catheters into the heart, have had arterial cuts and they take 2 days to heal enough to allow normal activity.

But thanks for the thoughts of recovery in the coming weeks.

I'm not trying to thread jack here but I have to ask: Why does disagreeing with Israeli policy equate to anti-Semitism? I did a search and did not see a thread exactly devoted to this question.

It is not disagreeing with Israeli policy that is anti semitic, it is the manner in which people take every little piece of disinformation and declare that it must be true because the muslims say so. Or when they say but it is Israel doing it and they are known to do these things. And the other give away is when people refuse to see the evidence of atrocities done to the Jews and claim that they are faked, or that it did not happen.

Phoenall, Ronin, et al,

The attempt to globalize and weaponize the Divestment and Sanctions Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) is a "Non-violent" means of economic and political pressure on Israel. In some respects (in fact to a large extent) it is better than the organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist activities against Israel and other allied nations.

It is not disagreeing with Israeli policy that is anti semitic, it is the manner in which people take every little piece of disinformation and declare that it must be true because the muslims say so. Or when they say but it is Israel doing it and they are known to do these things. And the other give away is when people refuse to see the evidence of atrocities done to the Jews and claim that they are faked, or that it did not happen.
(COMMENT)

In nearly every adversarial confrontation, of any consequence, there is a element of propaganda that attempts to demonize one side or the other. This is to be expect. What separates the magnitude of the demons it the extent, scope and nature of the actual behaviors of the demons - that truly constitute an accurate representation of of their individual character (a comparative analysis).

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

Forum List

Back