Want your Kids to Learn US History?

no way it takes 4-5 years to become a plumber?
I bet people will teach guys on the job for that....
I think a lot of trades can be learned on the side.

I guess schools don't offer shop classes for stuff like this anymore.

Our local school offers:
  • Air & Space Academy
  • Air Conditioning Technology
  • Automotive Technology
  • Construction Carpentry Technology
  • Electrical Technology
  • Industrial Maintenance Technology
  • Masonry Technology
  • Welding Technology

Speaking of which, the service is an excellent way to teach kids responsibility, give them skills AND have a paid for education and medical benefits for eternity...

That is, if your kid is tough enough... one of mine is.....

Homeschool them.

Also, to avoid brainwashing, you might encourage them to take up a trade instead of going to college.... this will save you some money as well....
History is taught in school, and some kids are not suited to trades just as some are not suited to college. Part of the point of primary and secondary education is giving them the experience and education to decide which for themselves.

It's no wonder that American kids grow up to hate their country. All they're taught in school is about americas' past transgressions. They don't learn about how we saved the world from fascism and communism
Go ask ten teenagers if they love their country or hate their country. Pretty sure I know what the majority of answers will be.

No higher education is wasted.

Your sexual experimentation is at its peak.

59ef4637a2b57.image.jpg

Homeschool them.

Too few people actually have the skills necessary to teach kids.

Also, to avoid brainwashing, you might encourage them to take up a trade instead of going to college.... this will save you some money as well....

I agree we need more trade schools since college is not for everyone. But, that being said, the idea that universities only "brainwash" is the best way to tell if someone actually knows what a university is like.

No higher education is wasted. College in general rounds out a persons understanding of the real world, mathmatically, philosophically, in chemistry, biology, etc. One of the most important things it does is teach a person as they learn more just how much there is to learn. People with no higher education have this weird self serving belief that 'well you don't learn THAT much more in college than you do on the street' which leads to ignorant people thinking they can reason on the level of a PH.D or a doctor.

Ignorance legitimizes itself.

University shouldn't be the ONLY route to success in America, but I agree, that a solid education can help one understand the limits of their own knowledge by exposing them to so much of what is known in the world. It helps us better understand our own limitations. Usually when someone speaks "authoritatively" on a topic without caveat and without any self-questioning I assume they actually are less educated on a given topic.

I agree we need more trade schools since college is not for everyone. But, that being said, the idea that universities only "brainwash" is the best way to tell if someone actually knows what a university is like.
We know what they're producing...liberal democrats. :omg:

Too few people actually have the skills necessary to teach kids.
Much of what is formally taught only need to be told to kids. Also, school paces teaching according to the slowest learners. Everyone else gets bored as their time (and life) wastes away.

Last edited:
I went to college and got an Asso. degree in Electrical Engineering. You know how much that benefited me? I got a job in a prison working maintenance for $11.04 an hour.

Years later I went to a trade school for Harley Davidson Technician. I was making near $35 an hour when I retired, and had I not retired, there was the potential to make $45 an hour.

Now you tell me, what benefited me the most, Einstein, college, or the trade school?
My son has a degree in Art Education. Average starting pay is around $35,000/yr. (if he could even get a job). Some years he makes twice that as a concrete finisher.

You are SOOOO full of SHIT.

The college teaches NOTHING of the "real world." Kids are in a BUBBLE when they're in college, they're coddled, told they're beautiful, told they're little winners and that there are no losers, told they're all wonderful little leftists and that unicorns jump over the moon and shit rainbows, and that if little boy perverts want to dress up like little girls, and go in the little girls bathroom to take a piss, THAT'S OK, and if some big meanie conservative says something you don't want to hear, well we've got your SAFE PLACE for you with coloring books, play dough and puppies to pet... on and on... kids have no fucking clue about the REAL WORLD when they get out of the LEFTIST INDOCTRINATION CENTERS. They're about as FUCKED UP as they can get.
Sadly, that world is quickly replacing the real world. :omg:

We know what they're producing...liberal democrats. :omg:

You don't "know" that. You have been spoonfed that by people almost all of whom went to college and are FAR MORE EDUCATED than most of their audience is.

They are playing you. It's kind of sad but also a bit hilarious.

Much of what is formally taught only need to be told to kids.

Yeah, no. Sorry. I've taught at the university level so I had it easy. Teaching kids is a whole 'nother ball game that requires a LOT of skill and base knowledge.

Also, school paces teaching according to the slowest learners. Everyone else gets bored as their time (and life) wastes away.

That's a convenient excuse for folks who are lazy learners isn't it? Someone did bad in school because they were lazy and thought themselves so much smarter than anyone else in the room and they decide that it's because of those OTHER dumb kids that they didn't do well in school.

In my years I've seen plenty of those folks. Had a good friend who was actually not particularly dumb but he thought himself smarter than all the teachers he ever met. He now works as a security guard at Disney.

You don't "know" that. You have been spoonfed that by people almost all of whom went to college and are FAR MORE EDUCATED than most of their audience is.

They are playing you. It's kind of sad but also a bit hilarious.
I dunno. 81 million of them showed up last election.

Yeah, no. Sorry. I've taught at the university level so I had it easy. Teaching kids is a whole 'nother ball game that requires a LOT of skill and base knowledge.

That's a convenient excuse for folks who are lazy learners isn't it? Someone did bad in school because they were lazy and thought themselves so much smarter than anyone else in the room and they decide that it's because of those OTHER dumb kids that they didn't do well in school.

In my years I've seen plenty of those folks. Had a good friend who was actually not particularly dumb but he thought himself smarter than all the teachers he ever met. He now works as a security guard at Disney.
I've been a student. The hardest thing I faced was trying to figure out what I was supposed to be learning. The teachers always kept it a mystery. Perhaps if they shared the lesson plans with us and our parents.

I've been a student. The hardest thing I faced was trying to figure out what I was supposed to be learning. The teachers always kept it a mystery. Perhaps if they shared the lesson plans with us and our parents.

They probably did a better job than you are imagining. Certainly not all your teachers were equally horrible. That would be statistically unlikely.

I've had the pleasure of a full 12 years of school elementary-high school and then another 11 at university and I've seen about a billion different teachers in my day. I've seen horrible teachers (much as you describe) and I've seen brilliant teachers. Most of them are doing a pretty good job when their hands aren't tied by morons trying to turn the classroom into a new front in the "Culture War" and they'd do even better if we as a society acted like what they do is valuable.

Forum List

Back