Want your Kids to Learn US History?

Yes,

I want our kids to learn about how businesses dumped pollution into our rivers, how they abused workers in the 19th century like they currently do in China and how the 19th century was all about. This is why we have anti-trust laws, regulations and government help for the workers.

This is why we rejected the hands off bs of the time.

Homeschool them.

Also, to avoid brainwashing, you might encourage them to take up a trade instead of going to college.... this will save you some money as well....

But doesn't trade school and apprenticeship and Union licensing cost as many years and as much student loan as any college of liberal art degrees?
No..and as far as unions that is a very small sector..
So how much less years and fees is it to become a car mechanic or plumber than a mechanical engineer for example?

Homeschool them.

Also, to avoid brainwashing, you might encourage them to take up a trade instead of going to college.... this will save you some money as well....

But doesn't trade school and apprenticeship and Union licensing cost as many years and as much student loan as any college of liberal art degrees?
No..and as far as unions that is a very small sector..
So how much less years and fees is it to become a car mechanic or plumber than a mechanical engineer for example?
4 compared to 5 or more for an engineer..

no way it takes 4-5 years to become a plumber?
I bet people will teach guys on the job for that....
I think a lot of trades can be learned on the side.

I guess schools don't offer shop classes for stuff like this anymore.

It takes 4 years being an apprentice to get a license, sorry, I don't make the rules..

It takes 4 years being an apprentice to get a license, sorry, I don't make the rules..

NO problem, I'm just surprised! No that that will keep someone from hiring a friend that knows some plumbing to do a little fixing up. I wonder if the same is true for Electricians. Or if you need any credentials to be a building contractor.

NO problem, I'm just surprised! No that that will keep someone from hiring a friend that knows some plumbing to do a little fixing up. I wonder if the same is true for Electricians. Or if you need any credentials to be a building contractor.
In Arkanass you must have references to your knowledge of sub contracting a certain trade to become a contractor. To be an electrician is the same as a plumber.. I do both but have never been licensed..It's not required here in the country, only in the cities of Missouri..

So approximately 20 % off? For that amount of debt that won't break even either.

Homeschool them.

The OP suggests this was intended as a troll thread from the outset.

It's no wonder that American kids grow up to hate their country. All they're taught in school is about americas' past transgressions. They don't learn about how we saved the world from fascism and communism

Not so.

History class used to be pretty good!

It was hard, (not my bestest subject) but yeah, kids need to know American history so they can call out bullshit when it's being spewed. I was usually talking to svelte Goth girl in history as I recall.

She knew a lot of stuff, especially about a mutual friend of ours.

Homeschool them.

Great idea, conservative why would you want your kids to go to college? Better to get them in the fast food business early so they can work up to gas station attendant and then on to secretary. Good times.

There are exceptions. I was shocked at how many kids graduate with Liberal Arts degrees. The last graduation I attended I think it was like 15 or 20%. Waste. They are just going because their parents want them to (for image) or because all their friends go. Better for them to learn something like plumbing, electrical work, cosmetology etc.

BTW, most secretarial jobs do require a degree, but you can go to a business school for those skills and save yourself some money.

Liberal Arts Majors Are the Future of the Tech Industry

Why Genuine Liberal Arts Degrees Are A Perfect Fit For Today's Economy

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/01/12/why-a-tech-driven-economy-needs-the-liberal-arts

Homeschool them.

Great idea, conservative why would you want your kids to go to college? Better to get them in the fast food business early so they can work up to gas station attendant and then on to secretary. Good times.

There are exceptions. I was shocked at how many kids graduate with Liberal Arts degrees. The last graduation I attended I think it was like 15 or 20%. Waste. They are just going because their parents want them to (for image) or because all their friends go. Better for them to learn something like plumbing, electrical work, cosmetology etc.

BTW, most secretarial jobs do require a degree, but you can go to a business school for those skills and save yourself some money.

No higher education is wasted. College in general rounds out a persons understanding of the real world, mathmatically, philosophically, in chemistry, biology, etc. One of the most important things it does is teach a person as they learn more just how much there is to learn. People with no higher education have this weird self serving belief that 'well you don't learn THAT much more in college than you do on the street' which leads to ignorant people thinking they can reason on the level of a PH.D or a doctor.

Ignorance legitimizes itself.
I graduated from The University of Maryland and thought all of it was a waste. I was well rounded already, and learned all I needed to know on the job

And you assume your negative experience is indicative of a universal truth? You really did miss something in your education.

Homeschool them.

I went to college and got an Asso. degree in Electrical Engineering. You know how much that benefited me? I got a job in a prison working maintenance for $11.04 an hour.

Years later I went to a trade school for Harley Davidson Technician. I was making near $35 an hour when I retired, and had I not retired, there was the potential to make $45 an hour.

Now you tell me, what benefited me the most, Einstein, college, or the trade school?

The question is which did YOU make the most of? Take responsibility.

College in general rounds out a persons understanding of the real world,
You are SOOOO full of SHIT.

The college teaches NOTHING of the "real world." Kids are in a BUBBLE when they're in college, they're coddled, told they're beautiful, told they're little winners and that there are no losers, told they're all wonderful little leftists and that unicorns jump over the moon and shit rainbows, and that if little boy perverts want to dress up like little girls, and go in the little girls bathroom to take a piss, THAT'S OK, and if some big meanie conservative says something you don't want to hear, well we've got your SAFE PLACE for you with coloring books, play dough and puppies to pet... on and on... kids have no fucking clue about the REAL WORLD when they get out of the LEFTIST INDOCTRINATION CENTERS. They're about as FUCKED UP as they can get.

Those darn teenagers won't get off your lawn, huh?

Homeschool them.

No higher education is wasted. College in general rounds out a persons understanding of the real world, mathmatically, philosophically, in chemistry, biology, etc. One of the most important things it does is teach a person as they learn more just how much there is to learn. People with no higher education have this weird self serving belief that 'well you don't learn THAT much more in college than you do on the street' which leads to ignorant people thinking they can reason on the level of a PH.D or a doctor.

Ignorance legitimizes itself.
I graduated from The University of Maryland and thought all of it was a waste. I was well rounded already, and learned all I needed to know on the job

And you assume your negative experience is indicative of a universal truth? You really did miss something in your education.
No, but I do believe there is an issue with college grads being unemployable. I think there are more sensible options. I think colleges are a rip off personally

Forum List

Back