WalMart's response to the $15 an hour minimum wage

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
You'll see more and more of this kind of response.

ake way for robot janitors, Walmart shoppers. The world's largest retailer plans to have 360 robot mops scrubbing floors at some of its stores by the end of January, Walmart and artificial-intelligence provider Brain Corp., said Monday in a joint statement.

The autonomous machines are equipped with sensors to scan for people and obstacles nearby, and can clean up even with customers about, according to Brain Corp., a San Diego tech start up. The floor scrubbers need a person to map an initial training route, but can then follow the route on their own.

walmartrobotmop.jpg

Robot mop to clean floors at Walmart stores

ake way for robot janitors, Walmart shoppers. The world's largest retailer plans to have 360 robot mops scrubbing floors at some of its stores by the end of January, Walmart and artificial-intelligence provider Brain Corp., said Monday in a joint statement.

The autonomous machines are equipped with sensors to scan for people and obstacles nearby, and can clean up even with customers about, according to Brain Corp., a San Diego tech start up. The floor scrubbers need a person to map an initial training route, but can then follow the route on their own.

walmartrobotmop.jpg

Walmart is one of George Soros' major investment. I think that he has investments in Big Tech A.I. technology.

George Soros Attacks China's AI Push as 'Mortal Danger'

walmartrobotmop.jpg

I just hope this robot cashes it check and shop at Kroger instead of walmart.

I am obviously not a Liberal at all and I am a big Trump fan, but I do have to say:
I know a person who was a supervisor at Walmart and still only got $13 an hour. I don't believe in government coercion of course, but gee whiz, Walmart on their own should do better than that. That is pretty bad, especially near the Bay Area.

The trucking industry is heading that way, the fast food industry is heading that way. It is an easy fix to have a robot operate a floor cleaning machine.

When I was hired as a steelworker in 1972 I was paid $3.47 an hour and there were 3,200 employees. Today there are 700-800 employees producing the same amount of tons. If the wages were still $3.47 is there someone stupid enough to believe there would still be 3,200 workers there?

I am obviously not a Liberal at all and I am a big Trump fan, but I do have to say:
I know a person who was a supervisor at Walmart and still only got $13 an hour. I don't believe in government coercion of course, but gee whiz, Walmart on their own should do better than that. That is pretty bad, especially near the Bay Area.

Sorry, WHY should they "do better"? Pretty obviously, they can get people who are willing to accept the job at that wage (I assume your friend asked how much it paid before accepting). When people stop accepting the job at that pay, they'll offer more.

Sorry, WHY should they "do better"? Pretty obviously, they can get people who are willing to accept the job at that wage (I assume your friend asked how much it paid before accepting). When people stop accepting the job at that pay, they'll offer more.

yep, no one forces them to take the jobs. With low unemployment there should be lots of choices available.

Why? This person quit their job because of the low pay and I'm sure many others do. If you are an employer you don't want a revolving door with employees coming in and out. I would think that would be a good reason why. You want to retain good workers and you're not going to do that by paying crap wages

Forum List

Back