Walgreens to close 150 stores in the US....

Excessive crime? Corporations risk management functions build crime into their budgets. Excessive is simply a level that “exceeds” the acceptable risk level.
Actually most crime rates are down.

It's not like they build them in the country fuck areas.
Screenshot_20230704-150951-786.png

They should make it easier to get Tram, Oxy, xanax or Vicodine. Then business would pick back up. If you could just walk in and "i'd like QTY 30 50mg Tramadol", my lower back hurts.

Why does life have to be so hard?

Again, why is it Biden's fault or the crime rate for Walgreens closing 150 stores here in the US? They're closing 300 over in the UK. Are they closing the stores over there because of Biden and the crime rate as well?

The UK has a population of 67.33 million as compared to the USA's population of 331.9 million. The UK has 1/5 the population of the US, yet Walgreens is closing twice as many stores over there.

Good possibility.
I did some further checking. Walgreen's overbuilt to stay competitive with CVS. Of their 9,000 stores ; 1,100 of them now have reduced hours as a cost-cutting measure. The space race of drugs is over. No one won.

I did some further checking. Walgreen's overbuilt to stay competitive with CVS. Of their 9,000 stores ; 1,100 of them now have reduced hours as a cost-cutting measure. The space race of drugs is over. No one won.

I did a bit of checking myself, just to see how many stores Walgreens has, compared to a company like Starbucks (which has one on damn near every street corner for real), and interestingly enough, Walgreens has half as many stores in the US as Starbucks has coffee shops.

Yeah......................I'd definitely say that Walgreens overbuilt their corporation.

And, I also found it shocking that Walgreens is gonna close 300 stores in the UK, which is twice the amount of what they are closing over here, even though the UK only has 1/5 the population of the US.

Crime isn't the reason.

Unfortunately, a lot of the conservative idiots on this board are going to continue to blame Biden and crime for the closures.

Nope. Walgreens overestimated how many stores they could put up, and it's come back to bite them in the ass.

I did a bit of checking myself, just to see how many stores Walgreens has, compared to a company like Starbucks (which has one on damn near every street corner for real), and interestingly enough, Walgreens has half as many stores in the US as Starbucks has coffee shops.

Yeah......................I'd definitely say that Walgreens overbuilt their corporation.

And, I also found it shocking that Walgreens is gonna close 300 stores in the UK, which is twice the amount of what they are closing over here, even though the UK only has 1/5 the population of the US.
And the UK hasn't got our crime problems. So that's not the cause like the company has said all along.

And the UK hasn't got our crime problems. So that's not the cause like the company has said all along.
Crime is not a problem here but they're closing some Walgreens here so the idea that crime is the reason doesn't hold water.

Crime is “a” reason.
Yes, it could figure into the profitability but other circumstances contribute as well. If that were the main reason, why would they be closing more stores in the UK than here. That position is not supported by logic.

From your link..............................

I work at a supermarket chain in one of London’s richest boroughs. I’ve seen a massive increase in shoplifting and theft that I would describe as “to order”.

The person who wrote the letter to the Guardian specifically said that they work at a supermarket chain (not a Walgreens), and they are in one of London's richest districts (not the ghetto), so what exactly are you trying to prove with this link?

Walgreen's isn't primarily closing their stores because of either Biden nor crime. They are closing their stores because they built too many for the population to support and they're losing profits because of it.

Forum List

Back