...Wait....WHAT?! 'You’re On Your Own': Raleigh Police Chief Tells Citizens She Will Not Put Officers in Harm’s Way to Protect Property

Wow nothing like giving the green light to another night of destruction and free shopping.

Initially I agreed that national guard or military should be brought in to help restoring order to cities.

Well, I used to agree with it, not anymore. Cities are ungovernable and unsalvageable. Let them defend themselves.

If government controlled the selling of the drugs, and monitored the quality, and set a price for it,
Will government sell to underage drug users who want to get high?

If not the drug pushers will

That will happen, true, but that market segment wouldn't be large enough, and any new black market would be an "undersell" black market and not a "banned" black market.

And countries that have decriminalized hard drugs have seen an overall decline in drug use and drug overdoses while the American war on drugs has done nothing to decrease drug use
I dont believe that

if you do explain why

And countries that have decriminalized hard drugs have seen an overall decline in drug use and drug overdoses while the American war on drugs has done nothing to decrease drug use
I dont believe that

if you do explain why
Because I actually read the links I posted.

If you're not going to read the sources linked to I can say nothing to you.

And here's another link you won't read

The link between the homicide rate and the amount of resources given to drug prohibition. A study of sample precincts in New York City, for example, found that three-quarters of drug-related homicides resulted from drug-trade disputes. Eliminating drug prohibition would probably reduce homicide in the United States by 25 to 75 percent.

The controversial war on drugs not only costs a lot, it has done almost nothing to curb the drug addiction rate since 1970, according to this stunning chart by documentary filmmaker Matt Groff comparing the cost of drug control to the drug addiction rate. Groff used the rate of addiction to illicit drugs from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, pairing it with federal drug control budget spending numbers from the International Centre for Science in Drug Policy.

Last edited:
I dont believe that

if you do explain why

The link between the homicide rate and the amount of resources given to drug prohibition. A study of sample precincts in New York City, for example, found that three-quarters of drug-related homicides resulted from drug-trade disputes. Eliminating drug prohibition would probably reduce homicide in the United States by 25 to 75 percent.

The controversial war on drugs not only costs a lot, it has done almost nothing to curb the drug addiction rate since 1970, according to this stunning chart by documentary filmmaker Matt Groff comparing the cost of drug control to the drug addiction rate. Groff used the rate of addiction to illicit drugs from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, pairing it with federal drug control budget spending numbers from the International Centre for Science in Drug Policy.
I cant have a debate with faceless academics who only exist in the digital world of the internet

Can you explain to me how legalizing drugs results in fewer drug addicts?

I dont believe that

if you do explain why

I cant have a debate with faceless academics who only exist in the digital world of the internet

Did you or did you not read the links I posted about other countries that have decriminalized drugs and the results of that?

What happens is that by decriminalizing drugs there are huge time and monetary savings in police time, police operations, court costs, prison costs etc

Some of that money is then used to treat drug addiction as a medical issue and not a crime.

This results in more people getting treatment, and it also results in better health of those who continue to use drugs.

Over half of our prison population is there for petty drug possession charges and we have clooged our courts to the point that no one can get a speedy trial more and more police time is tied up for minor drug possession busts.

And as I have posted the war on drugs has done nothing to decrease drug use in this country despite the billions spent annually on it

I dont believe that

if you do explain why

Did you or did you not read the links I posted about other countries that have decriminalized drugs and the results of that?

What happens is that by decriminalizing drugs there are huge time and monetary savings in police time, police operations, court costs, prison costs etc

Some of that money is then used to treat drug addiction as a medical issue and not a crime.

This results in more people getting treatment, and it also results in better health of those who continue to use drugs.

Over half of our prison population is there for petty drug possession charges and we have clooged our courts to the point that no one can get a speedy trial more and more police time is tied up for minor drug possession busts.

And as I have posted the war on drugs has done nothing to decrease drug use in this country despite the billions spent annually on it
At least you can articulate what you believe

many liberals cannot

I dont think legalizing drugs solves the problem but merely amounts to accepting bad behavior

I dont believe that

if you do explain why

At least you can articulate what you believe

many liberals cannot

I dont think legalizing drugs solves the problem but merely amounts to accepting bad behavior
oh now I'm a liberal?

I find it funny that one day people here call me a Trumpster and then next they call me a liberal.

All metrics on the war on drugs says that it is an abject failure.

The drug supply line has not been compromised, drug use, drug addiction and drug overdoses and drug related violence have not been reduced even a little bit but you insist it's working.

The war on drugs promotes violence.

And drug use is only bad behavior because it is illegal. You don't think using alcohol is bad behavior even though alcohol is just another drug.

War on drugs largely stemmed from the Reefer Madness mentality combined with the powers that be dont do pot or drugs but rather drink.

You don't think using alcohol is bad behavior even though alcohol is just another drug.
Now you are reaching

I think alcohol ABUSE is bad

But if millions of drunks convert to being junkies instead we have accomplished nothing

War on drugs largely stemmed from the Reefer Madness
It actually began in the 19th Century when the problems of drug addiction became clear

and not just in America but all over the world

oh now I'm a liberal?
I dont know

you dont sound like a conservative

under your plan will the government supply drug addicts for free?

it's not my plan it is the plan other countries have used and has resulted in fewer cases of drug addiction and deaths than the US war on drugs not to mention the huge monetary savings

You don't think using alcohol is bad behavior even though alcohol is just another drug.
Now you are reaching

But if millions of drunks convert to being junkies instead we have accomplished nothing

There is no evidence that legalizing drugs results in more people becoming addicts in fact I have posted multiple links that state just the opposite happens when countries decriminalize drugs.

Why do you insist on ignoring the results where decriminalizing drugs has been implemented?

it's not my plan it is the plan other countries have used and has resulted in fewer cases of drug addiction and deaths than the US war on drugs not to mention the huge monetary savings
I wonder about the savings

we already spend more on welfare bums than any other country and this idea does not appear to be helpful

Now you are reaching

There is no evidence that legalizing drugs results in more people becoming addicts in fact I have posted multiple links that state just the opposite happens when countries decriminalize drugs.

Why do you insist on ignoring the results where decriminalizing drugs has been implemented?
Again, will government give the drugs away to addicts?

legalizing drugs will not solve the problem but just shift it around to other parts of society

'If there is a chance myself or one of my police officers
will get hurt in the line of duty...uh-uh, baby! I will not
send my officers out to protect the businesses and the
city of Raleigh! If windows get broken and the city is
set ablaze, all I got to say is 'Burn, baby, burn'!'

She also said that it is hard to identify the white supremacist in the crowd when there are a thousand others attending the event, looting, destroying, burning....

Bwuhahahaha....

So wait... she is saying that white supremacists in the crowd are the ones looting, destroying and burning? And that she has no intention of helping innocent people being victimized by them?

Ok, she need fired.
This is what happens when you give power to people that want to be dictators.

Now you are reaching

But I'll go back to my alcohol example. By your logic making alcohol illegal would lessen the numb er of alcoholics but you still don't call for making alcohol illegal.

I wonder about the savings

we already spend more on welfare bums than any other country and this idea does not appear to be helpful

lots of other countries have far more robust safety nets than we do.

We waste 30 billion a year on drug enforcement that has not reduced the supply of drugs, the use of drugs, the addiction to drugs or the deaths from drugs.

What metric can you give me that shows the war on drugs has accomplished anything?

That chief of police was just telling the truth!

Law enforcement authorities throughout the land are terrified of being labeled as "racist."

So they do not dare use the necessary force to stop the orgy of looting and arson and attacks on cops.

And when President Trump correctly implies that those very, very, very bad individiuals might have to be treated "sternly," the liberals go bananas.
So how long are they planning on letting this crap go on?

Many people desire some form of intoxicant or mood changer. Not likely to go away. Might as well have a war on the wind.

Forum List

Back