...Wait....WHAT?! 'You’re On Your Own': Raleigh Police Chief Tells Citizens She Will Not Put Officers in Harm’s Way to Protect Property

You don't think using alcohol is bad behavior even though alcohol is just another drug.
Now you are reaching

I think alcohol ABUSE is bad

But if millions of drunks convert to being junkies instead we have accomplished nothing

There is no evidence that legalizing drugs results in more people becoming addicts in fact I have posted multiple links that state just the opposite happens when countries decriminalize drugs.

But I'll go back to my alcohol example. By your logic making alcohol illegal would lessen the numb er of alcoholics but you still don't call for making alcohol illegal.

Why do you insist on ignoring the results where decriminalizing drugs has been implemented?
it's not my plan it is the plan other countries have used and has resulted in fewer cases of drug addiction and deaths than the US war on drugs not to mention the huge monetary savings
I wonder about the savings

we already spend more on welfare bums than any other country and this idea does not appear to be helpful

lots of other countries have far more robust safety nets than we do.

We waste 30 billion a year on drug enforcement that has not reduced the supply of drugs, the use of drugs, the addiction to drugs or the deaths from drugs.

What metric can you give me that shows the war on drugs has accomplished anything?
30 billion is a drop in the bucket next to what we spend on welfare

You don't think using alcohol is bad behavior even though alcohol is just another drug.
Now you are reaching

But if millions of drunks convert to being junkies instead we have accomplished nothing

There is no evidence that legalizing drugs results in more people becoming addicts in fact I have posted multiple links that state just the opposite happens when countries decriminalize drugs.

Why do you insist on ignoring the results where decriminalizing drugs has been implemented?
Again, will government give the drugs away to addicts?

legalizing drugs will not solve the problem but just shift it around to other parts of society
I didn't read anything about drugs being given to addicts in other countries.

And as I have told you the results in other countries does not show that

Let's focus on Portugal.

and please read it before you tell me it didn't work

Now you are reaching

But I'll go back to my alcohol example. By your logic making alcohol illegal would lessen the numb er of alcoholics but you still don't call for making alcohol illegal.

it's not my plan it is the plan other countries have used and has resulted in fewer cases of drug addiction and deaths than the US war on drugs not to mention the huge monetary savings

we already spend more on welfare bums than any other country and this idea does not appear to be helpful

We waste 30 billion a year on drug enforcement that has not reduced the supply of drugs, the use of drugs, the addiction to drugs or the deaths from drugs.

What metric can you give me that shows the war on drugs has accomplished anything?
30 billion is a drop in the bucket next to what we spend on welfare

since welfare includes medicare you are right but I would hardly call a retiree on medicare a "welfare bum"

so how much do we actually spend on "welfare bums"

I think for myself and that question came up

if a drug addict does not have money for a fix they will rob and steal to get it

since welfare includes medicare you are right but I would hardly call a retiree on medicare a "welfare bum"
Welfare does not include Medicare

Maybe you mean Medicaid, which is a welfare benefit

Now you are reaching

We Americans have an ability to abuse everything. In every way. And it is expensive in the long run. So for medical purposes we will pay a lot more for it then those overseas. Plus we have many cultural groups. And there will be comparisons of who does and does not get that quick and expensive operation over another in every way possible. And the lawyers...oh the lawyers....

if a drug addict does not have money for a fix they will rob and steal to get it
and when decriminalizing drugs actually leads to fewer drug addicts ( as it has in other countries) what do you suppose happens to drug related crime?

Now you are reaching

We Americans have an ability to abuse everything. In every way. And it is expensive in the long run. So for medical purposes we will pay a lot more for it then those overseas. Plus we have many cultural groups. And there will be comparisons of who does and does not get that quick and expensive operation over another in every way possible. And the lawyers...oh the lawyers....

People are people no matter what country they live in. So I don't think Americans are more prone to being drug addicts that any other person in any other country

and when decriminalizing drugs actually leads to fewer drug addicts ( as it has in other countries) what do you suppose happens to drug related crime?
I dont live in other countries and have no way of knowing if they have less drug addicts or not

I dont live in other countries and have no way of knowing if they have less drug addicts or not
Once again I have provided you with links to resources that show what happened in other countries.

You refuse to read them and you will not entertain any other view but your own uniformed opinion.

That chief of police was just telling the truth!

Law enforcement authorities throughout the land are terrified of being labeled as "racist."

So they do not dare use the necessary force to stop the orgy of looting and arson and attacks on cops.

And when President Trump correctly implies that those very, very, very bad individiuals might have to be treated "sternly," the liberals go bananas.
So how long are they planning on letting this crap go on?

In my opinion, this blank "will go on" so long as there's a United States of America. They will never be satisfied.

Now you are reaching

People are people no matter what country they live in. So I don't think Americans are more prone to being drug addicts that any other person in any other country
I’m not so sure about that

here’s the deal

the momentum to legalize drugs is building in spite of what I think

so if I lose this fight I hope you are right

'If there is a chance myself or one of my police officers
will get hurt in the line of duty...uh-uh, baby! I will not
send my officers out to protect the businesses and the
city of Raleigh! If windows get broken and the city is
set ablaze, all I got to say is 'Burn, baby, burn'!'

She also said that it is hard to identify the white supremacist in the crowd when there are a thousand others attending the event, looting, destroying, burning....

Bwuhahahaha....

Where is the video of the police chief saying that?

I followed the link provided and found no supporting evidence
I watched her say it on tv too.

It is astonishing that she still has a job after CLEARLY defying her constitutional oath.
Providing private security is not the same as engaging active criminal behavior that is right in front of you.

Coming to the aid of a person who calls the police is not private security.

REad the article. If the cops have no legal obligation to come to the aid of a woman being assaulted by a person on whom she has a legal restraining order why do they have to protect the property of some shop owner?

The Supreme Court coud not have made it more clear.

THE COPS DO NOT HAVE TO COME TO THE AID OF ANYONE...... PERIOD.
Fuck the Supreme Court

they are educated fools

I understand the legal hair-splitting that prevents lawsuits against the police dept by ambulance chasing lib lawyers

but the reason to have a police dept is to protect life and property

The base reason for a police force is to provide the State with a method to enforce its control on the powers of justice and arbitration. We give the government the power to settle disputes, both civil and criminal instead of people handling on their own.

If the government via the police decides they don't want to or can't do that anymore, then the right to handle it falls back to the people.

We don't want that, but we have the right to do it.
This really will put to rest any meaningful call for more strict gun laws for at least another decade.

Never underestimate the progressive ability for doublethink.

They will push gun control AND police defunding as ways to make us safer, and some useful idiots will buy it.
Oh, I know they are going to push for it.

It will just be DOA as the public in general is not going to buy that shit right after they watch the cops walk away from defending people.

Once again I have provided you with links to resources that show what happened in other countries.

You refuse to read them and you will not entertain any other view but your own uniformed opinion.
This is the case with ANY statement here about legalizing drugs.

There is absolutely no evidence anywhere that shows the enormous expansion of government called the drug war has done squat for anyone yet the sincere belief that it is needed persists. It is an article of faith.

What amazes me is that the so called party of smaller government upholds the drug war which really does mark the single largest expansion in government scope in a century yet the party that wants the government to regulate, control and damn near own everything is against it.

It does not make a lick of sense to me.

Cops walk away.....Antifa seizes arts of the city....the cops refuse to take it back, to protect 'hostages' and businesses being extorted.....great visual for the nation being played out...

Police who will not enforce the law should be arrested by police who will. That would stop this bullshit in one day.

There is absolutely no evidence anywhere that shows the enormous expansion of government called the drug war has done squat for anyone yet the sincere belief that it is needed persists. It is an article of faith.

What amazes me is that the so called party of smaller government upholds the drug war which really does mark the single largest expansion in government scope in a century yet the party that wants the government to regulate, control and damn near own everything is against it.

The government fighting today's drug war is akin to the government attempting to run the Viet Nam War, being fought / waged just as ineptly.

Drug Cartels should be identified / officially recognized as being in the same category as international / domestic terrorists.
- Governments, like Mexico, should be told to handle their problem or the US will act to protect Americans.

Mules / drug runners should be charged with murder & given the death penalty....if not shot on sight.

The government fighting today's drug war is akin to the government attempting to run the Viet Nam War, being fought / waged just as ineptly.

Drug Cartels should be identified / officially recognized as being in the same category as international / domestic terrorists.
- Governments, like Mexico, should be told to handle their problem or the US will act to protect Americans.

Mules / drug runners should be charged with murder & given the death penalty....if not shot on sight.
Just like the Philippians. Not a very good country to follow in any shape or form.

Sorry, I do not trust the government with an open invitation to kill anyone that displeases them. Very small government of you.

Sorry, I do not trust the government with an open invitation to kill anyone that displeases them. Very small government of you.

Oh STFU...'displeases' me?

Have you read the Meth/illegal drug stats regarding the complete and utter havoc/death they have caused in this country.

Our drug problem is a helluva lot deadlier than COVID-19.... Perhaps you don't mind drug cartels / foreign entities pushing poison on kids / families / Americans, destroying lives, all while making them filthy stinking rich.

Instead of a needle and a 'high' before killing Americans would you feel the same if it consisted of a feeling of 'high' then a bullet shot through their head?

Instead of an IED blowing your legs off / killing you accompanied 1st by some 'incredible feeling / trip' would it make a difference?

Same results, different method.

Death and destruction is being dealt for profit.

Oh STFU...'displeases' me?

Have you read the Meth/illegal drug stats regarding the complete and utter havoc/death they have caused in this country.

Our drug problem is a helluva lot deadlier than COVID-19.... Perhaps you don't mind drug cartels / foreign entities pushing poison on kids / families / Americans, destroying lives, all while making them filthy stinking rich.

Instead of a needle and a 'high' before killing Americans would you feel the same if it consisted of a feeling of 'high' then a bullet shot through their head?

Instead of an IED blowing your legs off / killing you accompanied 1st by some 'incredible feeling / trip' would it make a difference?

Same results, different method.

Death and destruction is being dealt for profit.
And yet in the last few pages you have been shown multiple sources that show why the drug war exacerbates all of those issues.

As I said, an article of faith.

Forum List

Back