Waffle House refuses to serve armed uniformed U.S. soldier

Fuck you Waffle House, you're an embarrassment to America.

Waffle House Refused to Serve an Armed, Uniformed U.S. Soldier

The company has a strict no gun policy.

This past weekend, an armed member of the U.S. Navy was denied service at a Waffle House restaurant in Kentucky. According to a local NBC station, when officer Billy Welch — who was in uniform — sat down for a meal at the Nicholasville location of the 24-hour chain, he was told he'd need to disarm or leave the restaurant.

If I can't have my firearm, then I can't be here

Welch, who had his firearm holstered at his side when he walked in the door, was only asked to leave after he'd placed his order and the server noticed the gun. When she asked him to leave his gun outside, he refused. He later told the news station, "You know, if I can't have my firearm, then I can't be here. I walked inside to the other waitress. I said, 'thank you, but no thank you ma'am. I'm gonna have to leave.'"

A witness took to Facebook to express his discontent at the incident.

Why didn't he just put his weapon in the car?

I eat at Waffle House all the time and have never had to be armed

Why didn't they thank him for his service, and exempt him from a stupid policy ?

This past weekend, an armed member of the U.S. Navy was denied service at a Waffle House restaurant in Kentucky. According to a local NBC station, when officer Billy Welch — who was in uniform — sat down for a meal at the Nicholasville location of the 24-hour chain, he was told he'd need to disarm or leave the restaurant.

Welch, who had his firearm holstered at his side when he walked in the door, was only asked to leave after he'd placed his order and the server noticed the gun. When she asked him to leave his gun outside, he refused. He later told the news station, "You know, if I can't have my firearm, then I can't be here. I walked inside to the other waitress. I said, 'thank you, but no thank you ma'am. I'm gonna have to leave.'"

You will now.
I am not afraid to walk around in public without a gun. Shame that a soldier is afraid to enter a Waffle House
I think you missed the point. The only people entering waffle house with guns will be criminals. You'll need your gun for protection.

Why didn't they thank him for his service, and exempt him from a stupid policy ?
Got news for you

He probably couldn't carry a loaded gun into the PX or Commissary on base

Principle. He's active military. And for whatever reason that others need not be concerned, he is required to carry a firearm. Done

Got news for you

And I don't agree with those policies as well.

Apparently, the Navy guy was concerned about an invasion of North Korean gunboats at this particular Waffle House, and did not want to be unprepared.

He was refused not because he was a soldier- but because he was armed.

Hell though- if all of you want to boycott Waffle House for its gun policy- fine with me.

Hell though- if all of you want to boycott Waffle House for its gun policy- fine with me.

Hell, I boycott Waffle House because they keep shoving grits at me every time I come in.....

Principle. He's active military. And for whatever reason that others need not be concerned, he is required to carry a firearm. Done

Show me

It's not in the Link.

Got news for you

Got news for you. You don't know shit.

Hell, I boycott Waffle House because they keep shoving grits at me every time I come in.....
Got to order the hash browns. Best in the business

Yeah, but you have to know how to order it: Smothered and covered, all the way.

Smothered and covered!

Being a soldier does not mean he is immune to the stated requirements of the restaurant.

I have the right to know if some yahoo sitting next to me is packing.

Have the balls to be honest.

12046965_1172161436144753_294531412920683747_n.jpg

You can't get more American than Waffle House. I doubt this is a true story.

Are you saying they DO NOT have a "no gun" policy ?
I recall Waffle House was a target of a bogus complaint in the past. This sounds like it. We're talking about Kentucky here...Kentucky!

Well I guess it should be easy enough to find out if they have this policy.
Anyway, even if they do, you would think soldiers and police officers would be exempt.
. They could have used that soldier armed in the WH in the video.

He was in Uniform which means if he was openly armed it was a duty requirement. It is against policy and orders to be armed in uniform with a privately owned weapon in the US.

He probably ended up at Denny's. They don't care if you bring a bazooka in.

I remember the last time I was in a Denny's. They should just say they serve grease and be done with it.

OTOH, Waffle House (rw owned) is just as bad.

Crap trying to pass for food.

Forum List

Back