Good Guy With Gun Shoots at Carjackers

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
From ABC Houston:
Witness who fired on carjackers sought after northwest Houston attack
A man was carjacked and beaten after he walked out of the Valero gas station late Saturday night in northeast Houston. But someone else who witnessed the crime helped end the attack.
That means Carjackers beat him on the head THEN took his car.

What happened AFTER he was beaten?:
A witness saw what happened and as two suspects got in the man's truck to escape, the witness pulled out a gun and shot at the departing TRUCK.
That means he shot at the truck, NOT the car owner!
The suspect(s) ditched the truck about three blocks away. Police found blood inside the truck. Investigators aren't sure if the blood belongs to the suspect or the truck's owner.
If the owner was beaten "as he walked out of the Valero gas station" as the report says, then he couldn't have been inside the truck, so we can assume the blood belongs to the Suspects.

Another Good Guy with a Gun stops a crime!

From ABC Houston:
A man was carjacked and beaten after he walked out of the Valero gas station late Saturday night in northeast Houston. But someone else who witnessed the crime helped end the attack.

A witness saw what happened and as two suspects got in the man's truck to escape, the witness pulled out a gun and shot at the departing TRUCK.
The suspect(s) ditched the truck about three blocks away. Police found blood inside the truck. Investigators aren't sure if the blood belongs to the suspect or the truck's owner.
If the owner was beaten "as he walked out of the Valero gas station" as the report says, then he couldn't have been inside the truck, so we can assume the blood belongs to the Suspects.

No opinion on the victim being accidentally shot in the head, and the good guy picking up his shells and bolting from the scene?

From ABC Houston:

No opinion on the victim being accidentally shot in the head, and the good guy picking up his shells and bolting from the scene?
It's been established that the guy with the gun did not shoot the victim in the head as several claimed.

And where did you see anything about picking up shells?
Where was that established? And who picked up the shells then? Why didn't this good guy go check up on the victim?

I read several stories about the incident. A couple say the victim was shot and a couple say he was.... Who knows?
As to the shells: Is there a witness that saw someone pick up shell casings?
Personally, I own a 3 revolvers and 1 semi-automatic. If I'm carrying a revolver, I don't scatter shell casings, do I?

I read several stories about the incident. A couple say the victim was shot and a couple say he was.... Who knows?
As to the shells: Is there a witness that saw someone pick up shell casings?
Personally, I own a 3 revolvers and 1 semi-automatic. If I'm carrying a revolver, I don't scatter shell casings, do I?
Well I guess if we knew how many times he fired we'd be able to guess at the absence of casings. Interesting though, that he'd take off instead of checking on the victim.

Likely we won't find out, since it's such a small story. The only reason it's gotten any attention is that the victim was accidentally shot in the head.

Forum List

Back