Voting Right Act is going DOWN

Right. But, as you highlighted, the problem is the gerrymandering, regardless of why it's done. And, instead of addressing the problem, instead of getting rid of gerrymandering, the law in question actually requires gerrymandering - sets it in place permanently via law.
It doesn't. Again, it protects against white racist gerrymandering.
This is like so many efforts to combat racism. To address a history of racial privilege and preference, we pass laws that require policies of racial privilege and preference. It might be "fair", in the sense of doling out privilege equally, but it doesn't make for better government. Arguably, it makes it worse because it enshrines preferential policies in law.
Pretending racists don't exist isn't a viable political option. The world was a better place after the Voting Rights Act than before. If you don't think so you might be a redneck.

It doesn't. Again, it protects against white racist gerrymandering.
By requiring racial (and, arguably, partisan) gerrymandering. That's not a good solution.
Pretending racists don't exist isn't a viable political option.
Ok
The world was a better place after the Voting Rights Act than before. If you don't think so you might be a redneck.
I might be. But I know futility when I see it.

If the goal is equal rights, laws like this one move us further away from that ideal.

Last edited:
There is no black racist gerrymandering except in your little white victim fantasy world.
How is this not racial gerrymandering? Legally required gerrymandering.

If partisans are gerrymandering to manipulate elections we need to put a stop to that. Laws like this one are just armwrestling over who gets to do the gerrymandering.

Last edited:
Racists obviously. I said as much.
So you admit that you are racist?
The Voting Rights Act did just that since racist whites couldn't be trusted not to gerrymander away the voting power of black citizens.
And that was abused to take voting power away from everyone else.
Because Asians and Black voters tend to be closely aligned politically speaking.
Race-based assumption. You racist motherfucker.
I don't assume it
That's all you do. Black people need rights protect. White people need rights protected. Black people need to eat. White people need to eat.

You're just stupid.

No, you're just an obvious racist piece of shit.
I think we all proved YOU are the racist POS.

Instead of carving a state or region into a bunch of small districts, you have a multi-winner election for all the seats. So, for example, a smaller state, with say 4 reps, might lump them all together and have a state-wide vote on all candidates, taking the top 4.
So, that would work along side a RCV system?

Forum List

Back