Voice of Russia

Today it is exactly 4 years since the beginning of EuroMaidan in Kiev. Which led to a coup in Kiev. Separating of Donbass. Care of Crimea to Russia. The Civil War in Ukraine. Tens of thousands of deaths. The severance of relations between Russia and the West. The growth of fascism in Ukraine. The impoverishment of this unfortunate country ...

That's how it all began:

Last edited:
“Mission nearly accomplished” was Vladimir Putin’s message following a surprise meeting with Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad in Sochi on Monday.

Putin just had a surprise meeting with Assad

Russia plans to complete a military operation in Syria in December 2017. The maximum number of people and equipment in the country will be reduced, air strikes on militants will stop:

Today it is exactly 4 years since the beginning of EuroMaidan in Kiev. Which led to a coup in Kiev. Separating of Donbass. Care of Crimea to Russia. The Civil War in Ukraine. Tens of thousands of deaths. The severance of relations between Russia and the West. The growth of fascism in Ukraine. The impoverishment of this unfortunate country ...

That's how it all began:

A couple of days ago Italians revealed a documentary of those events from the words of snipers, who were shooting both sides.

"Ukraine-the hidden truth" an Italian film about snipers on the Maidan in Ukraine (20 minutes film)

^English subtitles

Long story of the Italian documentary short:

Feb 20, 2014: a group of unknown snipers starts shooting both at police and protesters, pretty soon almost 80 killed.. Until today the official version is about slaughter conducted by order of Kremlin-backed government.

Minister of foreign affairs of Estonia: evidence shows that the people who were killed by snipers from both sides (policemen and people from the street) that they were the same snipers who killed the people from both sides. It’s not Yanuckovitch who stands behind snipers but somebody from the new coalition.

They were Georgian citizens who were among provokers acting on the protester’s side. One of them says: “The story starts in Tbilisi and there are many personalities who are hidden behind the scenes, first of them is ex-president of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili. He’s the main hero of the short bloody war against Russia in 2008. The second was his military adviser Mamuka Mamulashvili. Afterwards he becomes the leader of “Georgian Legion”, a Georgian volunteer group to combat against pro-Russian protesters in Donbass. This group was organized by Saakashvili, he gave $1000, promised to give $1500 later to each group member and ordered to go to Kiev.

Snipers:

“We had to make provocations, to provoke policemen to turn against the crowd and to attack the people. Mamulashvili presented an American military guy [Brian Christopher Boyenger, a sniper from 101 Airborne division USA] and told us he would be our instructor. After Maidan he went to Donbass where he would fight in “Georgian Legion”, he was the one who gave them orders

The first suspicions that the protestors were using small arms were connected to Sergey Pashinsky, who was one of Maidan leaders and later became a deputy of Ukrainian parliament.

” In February one could see Parubiy, Pashinsky and Brian in hotel “Ukraine” very often and they were bringing bags with weapons (Makarov pistols, Kalashnikovs automatic rifles, carabines and packs of cartridges. Pashinsky said: “We have to start shooting, we can’t allow early presidential elections”. We had to shoot to make more chaos, mess and panic. There were two Lithuanians in our group too.”

“Pashinsky told us to take our things and to follow him to Conservatory building, the group was masked. We were ordered to shoot both policemen (“Berkut”) and protesters without making any difference. Only lated I realized: we were used, it was a set up.”

While there was shooting at the crowd from “Ukraine” hotel, the protesters were trying to hide inside the hotel. Thus the victims were next to their killers.

Last edited:
US one of only three countries to vote against UN resolution condemning glorification of Nazism

The US has voted against a United Nations resolution that condemns the glorification of Nazism due to the issues it raises over free speech protections, the state department has said.

The two other countries that voted against the resolution were Ukraine and Palau, while 131 voted in favour and 48 nations abstained.

// US one of only three countries to vote against UN resolution condemning Nazism

Farnborough organizers prohibit Russia from displaying military products

The organizers of the international aerospace show said they take guidance from the British Government’s Export Control Organization

LONDON, November 21. /TASS/. The organizers of the international aerospace show Farnborough have prohibited Russia from displaying military products at next year’s exhibition, the aerospace show’s press-service has notified TASS.

"At Farnborough International, we take guidance from the British Government’s Export Control Organization (ECO) regarding the EU embargo on imports of armaments and military hardware to and from Russia. We welcome all exhibitors, Russian or otherwise, that fall within these ECO guidelines," the press-service said.

"Being a major international showcase, Russian participation is really important. At the 2016 Airshow we hosted a substantial Russian participation including Ilyushin, Irkut, Russian State Technologies Corporation, Sukhoi, Russian Helicopters, UAC and Volga-Dnepr Group. We are expecting similar participation in 2018," Farnborough’s spokeswoman said.

Farnborough organizers prohibit Russia from displaying military products

I do not understand such stupid half-measures. If the West is building a new Iron Curtain, then why not ban any contacts with Russia?

What is the essence of such prohibitions? What do they want to show? Hit Russia economically? A complete ban will be more effective. To cause inconvenience to someone in Russia? And for what? That Russia abandoned the Crimea? This will never happen again. Set up a people in Russia against Putin? Such measures, on the contrary, only increase the unity of the people against the emerging image of the external enemy. What is the essence of such acts?

jimjam said:
I have for quite some time been interested in Russia and her people who seem to have a much deeper identity than that of American superficiality

I think it's very difficult to assess the identity of your people from within your country :) Much will seem too familiar and ordinary. But for a foreigner it will seem something specific and interesting. In Russia people, in general, traditionally consider foreigners to be first-class people, and compatriots - the second sort :) The roots of this relationship go, at least, to Peter the first who aggressively began to lead Russia to the Western way of life and to encourage this in every way encouraged the admiration of all foreign . Tradition is rooted in the Russian aristocracy. There were whole families in which the children of the nobles could not speak Russian. In the XIX century, during the war with Napoleon, many aristocrats spoke French better than in Russian :) It would seem that after the 1917 revolution everything had to change - but no. In the USSR, the cult of foreign guests has simply evolved :) After the collapse of the USSR and Perestroika, even more so. Now, to some extent, there is a rollback, but still, more than 300 years of admiration for all foreigners quickly does not pass :)

I think that each nation has some peculiarities that make it interesting and profound. Other nations simply did not pass the natural geopolitical selection :)

However, I think this is not even the fault of Peter the Great. And under Ivan the Terrible foreigners were admired. And the first kings of Russia were called to themselves from the Vikings. "Come and own us!" - it was then said :)

Two years ago in Nature there was an article, why the most tasty food seems to us, which contains 35% of fats and 50% of carbohydrates. That's why we like the taste of chips, peanut butter, chocolate ...

Fat/carbohydrate ratio but not energy density determines snack food intake and activates brain reward areas

I weighed a Russian sandwich on the scale with such a combination of fats and carbohydrates. Perhaps this is close to the ideal? :) (a glass of vodka outside the frame - then it would be ideal :D)

20171122_185430-200k.jpg

These are two very traditional Russian products - black bread and "salo" :) Unambiguously Russian "salo" in English is not translated. It's not bacon, not lard - something similar, but different. Black bread is also poorly known in the West. The closest thing to it is a similar German bread, but it does not exactly resemble it.

jimjam said:
I have for quite some time been interested in Russia and her people who seem to have a much deeper identity than that of American superficiality

I think it's very difficult to assess the identity of your people from within your country :) Much will seem too familiar and ordinary. But for a foreigner it will seem something specific and interesting. In Russia people, in general, traditionally consider foreigners to be first-class people, and compatriots - the second sort :) The roots of this relationship go, at least, to Peter the first who aggressively began to lead Russia to the Western way of life and to encourage this in every way encouraged the admiration of all foreign . Tradition is rooted in the Russian aristocracy. There were whole families in which the children of the nobles could not speak Russian. In the XIX century, during the war with Napoleon, many aristocrats spoke French better than in Russian :) It would seem that after the 1917 revolution everything had to change - but no. In the USSR, the cult of foreign guests has simply evolved :) After the collapse of the USSR and Perestroika, even more so. Now, to some extent, there is a rollback, but still, more than 300 years of admiration for all foreigners quickly does not pass :)

I think that each nation has some peculiarities that make it interesting and profound. Other nations simply did not pass the natural geopolitical selection :)

However, I think this is not even the fault of Peter the Great. And under Ivan the Terrible foreigners were admired. And the first kings of Russia were called to themselves from the Vikings. "Come and own us!" - it was then said :)
A lot is wrong.

Today foreigners are not admired but they are interesting subjects for conversation. Curiosity of Russians about foreigners is high.
But I often face the same when being abroad - people always start talking to me and asking different questions.
It is absolutely normal due to law level of communication between Russians and western people.

Ivan IV was Grozny, not Terrible! It is a very wrong translation.

‘First kings’ [you mean Rurik, I guess] were not Vikings but Varyags! A great difference.
Vikings were Danes, Varyags were Slavic.

But which is true - Russians are divided into those who admires west and those who insist on own way of development. And thanks god second group grows now rapidly as western culture has shown its unpleasant nature.

Today foreigners are not admired but they are interesting subjects for conversation.

For most Russians, anyway, foreign is the best. This applies to goods and to people :) Of course, there are many who do not experience piety before foreigners. At what, just, among the educated part today such majority. But this is a relatively small part of the population :)

Moreover, it is still more interesting. Specifically, a taken person can by itself abuse the Americans, the British or the Germans for their poor adherence to Russia, arrogance, etc. But when he encounters a foreigner in real life, he often starts to fawn upon him as with his boss :) Such an attitude, really, was formed for hundreds of years. Maybe 1,000 years.

Ivan IV was Grozny, not Terrible! It is a very wrong translation.

I use the generally accepted name of this king, even if it is an exact translation. Otherwise, foreign readers may not understand who is talking about :)

‘First kings’ [you mean Rurik, I guess] were not Vikings but Varyags! A great difference.
Vikings were Danes, Varyags were Slavic.

"Slavic" Varangians (in English this ethnos, judging by Wikipedia, sounds like this) - they come from Scandinavia and the Baltics :)

Varangians - Wikipedia

In any case, without even going into the genetics of the Varangians, the fact is that they were called to the tsardom (kingdom). They did not choose their own tsar :)

The forums constantly have to face a negative attitude towards all Muslims entirely. I myself, by American standards, are very intolerant. I always say bluntly that women differ from men in physiology and psychology, that radical religions are evil, that Europe suffers from migrants' invasion. But I call the lie the statement that all Muslims are unapproachable radicals and terrorists. As many know, about 10% of the population in Russia is Muslims. And the vast majority of them are the same people as everyone else. Someone is better, some are worse, but they do not make something warlike out of their faith.

My wife, although an agnostic by faith, is from a Muslim family. My father-in-law is a believing Muslim. I myself am an atheist from an orthodox family :) Our marriage of an Orthodox and Muslim kin is perceived quite normally :) My friend, by the way, also married a Muslim woman. And they also live well.

In the photo of my brother-in-law's brother-in-law (how long these terms of the relationship are translated into English, in Russian almost for all these relations there is a separate short word - "shurin my testj" :D). Carries me a glass of house wine. He is a true orthodox Muslim. And he will be ready to fight with someone who will say that he is not a Muslim. But he has nothing against wine :D

IMG_7834.JPG

But, for contrast, my second cousin is getting married. The priest is also my second cousin, although quite from another family :) This is already an Orthodox branch of our clans.

2015-0809-1206-img_6088.jpg

jimjam said:
Can you tell me what is the feeling of the Russian people, on the street, toward Mikhail Gorbachev?

Most people refer to Gorbachev or neutrally, or negatively. Even those who rejoice at the collapse of the USSR often believe that this could be done without the chaos and horror of the 1990s. As a rule, Gorbachev is treated as a very weak politician. Although Perestroika was initiated and usually associated with him, the centrifugal processes that led to the collapse of the USSR did not come from him, but from the levels of the regional governments of the republics of the USSR. Every little leader wanted to get his own empire and as soon as the central authority weakened, the state began to fall apart. The USSR, in spite of anti-Soviet myths, was very careful about national identity and self-government. Therefore, the decay took place quickly and easily.

Although personally my attitude towards him is neutral. I perceive him as a person who, for idealistic reasons, tried to do better, but he did not cope with the flow of events that he tried to control. He is more of a victim than a driving force.

jimjam said:
And what do you think of his criticism of Putin ............ specifically his comment: "to go further on the path of tightening the screws, having laws that limit the rights and freedoms of people, attacking the news media and organisations of civil society, is a destructive path with no future".

I think that within his worldview he is right. He is really a supporter of great freedom. And in Russia, now, indeed, there are processes of growth of all kinds of restrictions. But here is how much these limitations of freedoms are justified and how hard they are - this can be argued. I think that in vain does Gorbachev accuse Putin of everything. Putin's fault here is rather indirect, only through the state structure that he built. Most of the restrictions in the country are imposed by the fault of the bureaucracy and officials, who are so much easier to live. And most of the inhabitants of the country support these restrictions. Still remember well the combination of poverty and freedom, even the anarchy that existed in the 1990s. And people want stability, even if this leads to restrictions of some part of the population. Most do not notice anything at all.

I believe that now the most stringent processes of restricting freedoms go in the Internet. Here, too, most will not notice anything, and many, like me, easily bypass possible limitations, but I do not like the trend itself. And the West is now very actively provoking these restrictions. All these processes against the Russian media cause a symmetrical response in Russia against Western resources. I'm afraid that we are gradually moving towards the Great Chinese Firewall.

jimjam said:
And, how is Gorbachev spending his time currently?

I do not know, I personally do not know him :D He disappeared from the political arena, lives quietly at the presidential pension, sometimes, rarely, communicates with the media. Gorbachev is now absolutely not a public figure.

About the weather. The coldest places in Russia are not the extreme north. In the far north, the ocean and it warms the terrain. The coldest places are in the interior of the continent. What's with the east side. Because in the northern hemisphere, the wind usually blows from west to east. The air that is heated in Europe by the seas and oceans is slowly cooling down on the way over the huge Russian land. And to the east it reaches the lowest temperatures. Therefore, the coldest places in the northern hemisphere in Yakutia. There often the temperature drops below -75°F (-60°C), and sometimes below -95°C (-70°C).

Oymyakon - Wikipedia

It was a preamble, now the storyline :)

In Oymyakon, classes in schools are canceled at -61,6°F (-52°C) and lower. A couple of days ago, the temperature dropped to -58°F (-50°C). This is not a reason to cancel class at school. Here, you can see how the children come back from school at -58°F :)

I don’t like you wish to express your opinion under the brand of ‘most Russians think’.

As for Varyags check investigations of population genotypes. Check Scandinavian historical literature.
Varyags had another religion, culture, language, way of living, they had ships of other types and they used horses in war unlike Vikings.
How can one call Varyags Vikings after that?
And how can one suppose nation to call someone alien to be their king?
By the way Vikings never come to conquer Rus’ while whole Europe suffered from them - from Britain to Rome. They called Rus’ Gardarika (land of cities) and often came there to serve as warriors. So Rus’ was stronger and more developed. How could people ftom Rus’ call them to rule their lands?
Nonsense.

Russian television group RT lost its credentials to cover the US Congress on Wednesday after the US government forced it to register as a "foreign agent."

In the latest fallout from Russia's alleged interference in last year's presidential election, the committee of journalists which regulates who is accredited to cover the US legislature told RT that they had voted unanimously to withdraw its Congressional press pass.

"The action was taken in response to the registration of RT Network's operating company, T&R Productions LLC, as a foreign agent," Craig Caplan, chair of the Executive Committee of the Congressional Radio & Television Correspondents' Galleries, told RT in a letter.

Hello, good old USSR. He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself. I remember all these unanimous Soviet decisions since the time of my Soviet childhood. And do not even think of someone to speak out against. Immediately called an enemy agent of influence and an agent of world imperialism Putin.

Now we need to wait for another mirror response from the Russian government and another brick in the new iron curtain.

iron_main[1].png

Meanwhile, the number of Russians watching television for seven years fell by half.

Only 29% of Russians choose to watch TV programs as entertainment in their spare time, while pensioners spend their leisure time watching TV 56%. In the age group from 18 to 24 years, less than 10%.

In-America-News-Best-Demotivational-Posters[1].jpg

Russian television group RT lost its credentials to cover the US Congress on Wednesday after the US government forced it to register as a "foreign agent."

In the latest fallout from Russia's alleged interference in last year's presidential election, the committee of journalists which regulates who is accredited to cover the US legislature told RT that they had voted unanimously to withdraw its Congressional press pass.

"The action was taken in response to the registration of RT Network's operating company, T&R Productions LLC, as a foreign agent," Craig Caplan, chair of the Executive Committee of the Congressional Radio & Television Correspondents' Galleries, told RT in a letter.

Hello, good old USSR. He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself. I remember all these unanimous Soviet decisions since the time of my Soviet childhood. And do not even think of someone to speak out against. Immediately called an enemy agent of influence and an agent of world imperialism Putin.

Now we need to wait for another mirror response from the Russian government and another brick in the new iron curtain.

View attachment 163488
So, you think after USA made RT and Sputnik register as foreign agents (even though it violated their own freedom of speech) it was Russian government who put "brick in the new iron curtain" with its mirror response? Would you be happy if Russia gave USA her other cheek to hit?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back