Virginia Kindergarten Teacher shot

Then why the fuck are you bringing up corporal punishment?

The question was: How do you propose we address the violence problem with 6-year-olds?

If you're not proposing corporal punishment, then leave corporal punishment out of your response.
I am not proposing it but if it was on the table as a last resort, I wouldn’t fight it.

Then why the fuck are you bringing up corporal punishment?

The question was: How do you propose we address the violence problem with 6-year-olds?

If you're not proposing corporal punishment, then leave corporal punishment out of your response.
I got smacked in the head, on my knuckles, and ear yanked for nothing more than talking in class. Violence against the teacher never crossed my mind.

I got smacked in the head, on my knuckles, and ear yanked for nothing more than talking in class. Violence against the teacher never crossed my mind.
“Back in my day…”

Neither liberals nor conservatives are proposing corporal punishment against 6-year-olds.

Anything realistic?

“Back in my day…”

Neither liberals nor conservatives are proposing corporal punishment against 6-year-olds.

Anything realistic?
What liberals and conservatives are doing today is not working. You are in no position to mock “back in my day” when nothing is working today. Specifically, “Restorative Justice” at the price of Accountability.

What liberals and conservatives are doing today is not working. You are in no position to mock “back in my day” when nothing is working today. Specifically, “Restorative Justice” at the price of Accountability.
Let me know when you have something serious to propose. Otherwise you have no room to talk.

Let me know when you have something serious to propose. Otherwise you have no room to talk.
Six year-old engaged in continuous violence against his teacher culminating in him shooting her and her leadership lets her hang out to dry.

I have a lot of room to talk.

Six year-old engaged in continuous violence against his teacher culminating in him shooting her and her leadership lets her hang out to dry.

I have a lot of room to talk.
You’re blaming the left for a problem that you have offered no realistic solution to.

You’re blaming the left for a problem that you have offered no realistic solution to.
Not realistic? They have proven track records of mitigating violence against teachers by six year olds and they are in alignment with accountability.

You are limited to mocking my proposals or providing false intellectual authority to critique them. The worst is you have provided no proposed solutions yourself.

The fault is the effing parents.

This is one of these rare times that I actually agree with you.

You don't understand. Public schools is the DNC, so you can never lay blame there

The blame is always the parents, as soon all children may one day be wards of the state.

Notice how private schools never have this problem. Granted, you had a shooting in Tennessee at a private school, but it was not one of the students.

Do private schools arm their teachers?

Kids used to drive to school with their rifles in the back window of the truck. Yet nobody ever got shot in those days. Kids today know they can get away with pretty much anything compared to years past. Without any real penalties for bad behavior, things will escalate and this, sadly, was the outcome here.

I would hate to see horrible accidents turned into crimes.

Indeed! So would I. Wouldn't we all?
However, in the context of this discussion ---- an 'accident' is NOT a 6yr old finding Granpa's loaded gun in the nightstand and a tragedy happens. Nor is it a 15yr old rifling through neighborhood cars and snatching a Glock21 from under the seat of a nearby pickup --- and a tragedy happens.

An 'accident' is dropping a gun and it discharges. An accident is shooting at a deer and the bullet hits an unseen hunter 200yrds away.

My point is: Guns are inherently dangerous. Like poison is inherently dangerous. Like explosives are. Like powerful drugs. And thus, extraordinary measures are required to secure them.

Yes. Corporal punishment to 6-year-olds is not realistic.
I provided other solutions. You on the other hand have provided none and apparently are willing to accept violence from 6-year olds against their teachers.

Go back and read. While you are at it, post a solution from yourself other than the status quo.
I didn’t claim to have a solution. I also didn’t blame one side of the political aisle for something that I don’t have a solution to.

Your corporal punishment idea is completely unrealistic. If you have something better, post it.

I didn’t claim to have a solution. I also didn’t blame one side of the political aisle for something that I don’t have a solution to.

Your corporal punishment idea is completely unrealistic. If you have something better, post it.
Again, I already did.

Again, I already did.
Alright. You said something about suspending kids or sending kids to other schools. Already happens.

Granted this is better than your completely unrealistic corporal punishment idea, but maybe you should try something that isn’t already done.

Alright. You said something about suspending kids or sending kids to other schools. Already happens.

Granted this is better than your completely unrealistic corporal punishment idea, but maybe you should try something that isn’t already done.
I acknowledged it had already been done. Restorative Justice had never been done before and now we have escalating violence against teachers.

Forum List

Back