Video Survives After Denver Cops Beat Man, Snatch Camera and Delete Footage

Don't break the law and you won't get your ass kicked by the police.

Yeah, the kid who had the flashbang thrown into his crib was a criminal.

Same with the scores of people who have had SWAT knock down their doors and their houses raided, sometimes resulting in death to the innocent inhabitants, only to have the police say "whoops, wrong house, you should get your door fixed."

The child wasn't but it was the child's parents that put him in danger were indeed breaking the law.

As for raiding the wrong house, rare events can and do happen.

And yet another thread about an important topic that devolves into juvenile bickering.

Lonestar - do you really believe it is a cops job to take a persons property (a camera) without permission or a warrant?

I am curious, does this standard also apply to Cliven Bundy and David Koresh as well?

Did Clive Bundy get his ass kicked? As for Koresh, well he's no longer among the living.

No, but he is in violation of the law and violating a court order. His supporters had weapons aimed at LEOs as well. They are quite lucky they didn't get shot.

I know you are a convict but the police must have kicked your ass pretty hard for you to have become brainwashed into thinking kicking someones ass is their job. The point is that they deliberately attempted to erase the footage. If they were doing things the right way why would they need to delete the footage?

The video shows the cop doing his job. Nothing to see there.
Is that what they told you when you were beat and put in prison? Show me a police job description that says what they did is part of their job.

And yet another thread about an important topic that devolves into juvenile bickering.

Lonestar - do you really believe it is a cops job to take a persons property (a camera) without permission or a warrant?

Cop didn't take the (camera).

Same with the scores of people who have had SWAT knock down their doors and their houses raided, sometimes resulting in death to the innocent inhabitants, only to have the police say "whoops, wrong house, you should get your door fixed."

The child wasn't but it was the child's parents that put him in danger were indeed breaking the law.

Yes, and sometimes (albeit very rarely) police break the law as well, and need to be held to a higher standard when they do. Unfortunately they are not, which begets more criminality among the police.

I am curious, does this standard also apply to Cliven Bundy and David Koresh as well?

Did Clive Bundy get his ass kicked? As for Koresh, well he's no longer among the living.

No, but he is in violation of the law and violating a court order. His supporters had weapons aimed at LEOs as well. They are quite lucky they didn't get shot.

What's that have to do with this topic?

I know you are a convict but the police must have kicked your ass pretty hard for you to have become brainwashed into thinking kicking someones ass is their job. The point is that they deliberately attempted to erase the footage. If they were doing things the right way why would they need to delete the footage?

Is that what they told you when you were beat and put in prison? Show me a police job description that says what they did is part of their job.

I wasn't beaten. I pled guilty and was sentenced. An officer is allowed to use force when subduing a subject.

The moral of this story, don't break the law. If you can't accomplish that then don' t resist arrest once you've broken the law and do not try to swallow the evidence.

Yes, and sometimes (albeit very rarely) police break the law as well, and need to be held to a higher standard when they do. Unfortunately they are not, which begets more criminality among the police.

Yes they do and they are punished accordingly.

I was just wondering if you felt the same about others that break the law because your post was rather definitive.

I wasn't beaten. I pled guilty and was sentenced. An officer is allowed to use force when subduing a subject.

The moral of this story, don't break the law. If you can't accomplish that then don' t resist arrest once you've broken the law and do not try to swallow the evidence.
That wasnt subduing the subject. They were punching him in the face while he was already subdued. We didnt ask about the moral. We are commenting on the fact the cops tried to delete the innocent by standers video which is a violation of their rights.

Cops are ASS KICKERS.....that's what they do when challenged.....don't like it, don't challenge them. If you are about to be arrested be calm and remember their name and badge number. If they rough you up anyway, most city governments will settle out of court and you'll make money on the deal. I've attacked 3 cops and an MP in my time....one was in Tennessee and I spent the night in jail for tossing him onto the hood of his car for starting to "frisk" the lady I was with. Then there was a cop in Nogales....same deal...put his hands on my woman....knocked his ass out and got away.....the MP got rough with me and I got rough with him...nothing came of it. I let my temper go off without caring about the consequences.....I could have got shot but I didn't....I'd rather to lucky than rich or crippled. Moral of the story....don't mess with ass kickers unless you got a Guardian Angel on your shoulder.

I was just wondering if you felt the same about others that break the law because your post was rather definitive.

I hold everyone to the same standard. If a person breaks the law they should be punished to the fullest extent. When a person resist arrest then whatever ass whooping they get, they deserve.

Cops are ASS KICKERS.....that's what they do when challenged.....don't like it, don't challenge them. If you are about to be arrested be calm and remember their name and badge number. If they rough you up anyway, most city governments will settle out of court and you'll make money on the deal. I've attacked 3 cops and an MP in my time....one was in Tennessee and I spent the night in jail for tossing him onto the hood of his car for starting to "frisk" the lady I was with. Then there was a cop in Nogales....same deal...put his hands on my woman....knocked his ass out and got away.....the MP got rough with me and I got rough with him...nothing came of it. I let my temper go off without caring about the consequences.....I could have got shot but I didn't....I'd rather to lucky than rich or crippled. Moral of the story....don't mess with ass kickers unless you got a Guardian Angel on your shoulder.

Yeah ok. .....:laugh:

That wasnt subduing the subject. They were punching him in the face while he was already subdued. We didnt ask about the moral. We are commenting on the fact the cops tried to delete the innocent by standers video which is a violation of their rights.

They were attempting to prevent the destruction of evidence that could have potently killed the guy. Would you rather have a broke jaw and live of die?

You're a regular Billy Badass.

I hold everyone to the same standard. If a person breaks the law they should be punished to the fullest extent. When a person resist arrest then whatever ass whooping they get, they deserve.
How did the person recording the video break the law?

Cop didn't take the (camera).

I dont "know" that they did, and the video doesn't show an officer approach the camera and demand it, but that is the allegation of the camera owner. This is a serious allegation and, if true, the officer should be charged with theft.

Forum List

Back