CDZ VIDEO: Exclusive video shows how violent confrontation developed at homeless encampment

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
This is a pretty bad situation all the way around but with so many mistakes made, I can't help but wonder what the two occupants of the vehicle were dealing with that caused them to return to this homeless encampment with a 2 week old baby in tow.

What I'm really interested in is if any of the people who have defended Ashli Babbett's acts at the U.S. Capital on January 6th 2021 can view this video and understand how the dynamics differ and how they are similar.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/video-exclusive-video-shows-how-violent-confrontation-developed-homeless-encampment/9c8bf2cc-c4da-477b-ad7a-
c77024d0aef5/

This is a pretty bad situation all the way around but with so many mistakes made, I can't help but wonder what the two occupants of the vehicle were dealing with that caused them to return to this homeless encampment with a 2 week old baby in tow.

What I'm really interested in is if any of the people who have defended Ashli Babbett's acts at the U.S. Capital on January 6th 2021 can view this video and understand how the dynamics differ and how they are similar.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/video-exclusive-video-shows-how-violent-confrontation-developed-homeless-encampment/9c8bf2cc-c4da-477b-ad7a-
c77024d0aef5/
I suspect they thought they might recover some of their property (which they did) and get out without such a confrontation. Looks like when the confrontation started, they decided it was time to leave, but were under attack and surrounded. They made the right move, saving their lives and their baby's life. If the dead guy from Alaska, did not wish to join the attack itself, he should not have chosen to try to bar their escape, aiding the attackers. It was the last poor decision, he made.

I don't know if I could live with myself if I had a net-worth over a billion dollars, and a scene such as a homeless camp existed in my hometown, in the same view as a nationally recognized building like the Seattle needle.

Where is the social conscious of the billionaires that live in that town? Instead, they donate to their own tax-free foundations aimed at remaking the world in their authoritarian image, which have agendas linked to having their enterprises amass even greater fortunes and control, while the masses go homeless and starve. . . despicable.

While I don't support the government forcing them to do good. . . these "feral humans," as Dogmaphone calls them, are tearing each other apart, when they should be attacking the folks that the lord has already condemned and admonished.

This seems to have, ostensibly occurred over something as stupid as trinkets. . .

When folks are this desperately poor and hopeless, even that can seem like the world to some, they forget to see the forest for the trees. . . .

I don't know if I could live with myself if I had a net-worth over a billion dollars, and a scene such as a homeless camp existed in my hometown, in the same view as a nationally recognized building like the Seattle needle.

Where is the social conscious of the billionaires that live in that town? Instead, they donate to their own tax-free foundations aimed at remaking the world in their authoritarian image, which have agendas linked to having their enterprises amass even greater fortunes and control, while the masses go homeless and starve. . . despicable.

While I don't support the government forcing them to do good. . . these "feral humans," as Dogmaphone calls them, are tearing each other apart, when they should be attacking the folks that the lord has already condemned and admonished.

This seems to have, ostensibly occurred over something as stupid as trinkets. . .

When folks are this desperately poor and hopeless, even that can seem like the world to some, they forget to see the forest for the trees. . . .
You could give any one of those feral scuzballs a million dollars and they would be broke within a year and stealing shit for their dope fix, if they didn't overdose already.

I hear what you're saying but it's not the role of the companies who bring money and jobs to Seattle to also figure out things that are the purview of the mayor, city council, etc. Nonetheless Amazon has always contributed money and resources to fighting the homeless problem in the city even after the City of Seattle tried shaking them down for money to "squander" on the homeless "problem" via a head tax. I can' remember how much they wanted to charge Amazon per worker but Amazon shut that down pretty much by immediately ceasing construction on new buildings in Seattle and began shopping for real estate on the east side. The city did pass the tax but then had to immediately rescind it.
Amazon just opened a permanent homeless shelter in its Seattle HQ, offering vulnerable families a place to stay during the pandemic — take a tour

One of the downtown synagogues, Temple de Hirsch Sinai takes in women from Mary's place on the weekends during the coldest months of the year - something like October through March so that they have somewhere warm to sleep overnight. I spent a Friday night in one of their shelters as a volunteer and if you didn't know the women there were homeless you'd probably wouldn't be any the wiser. They were noting like the individuals shown in the video but as they showed, two of the men attaching the couple and their vehicle with their new born in it were felons, one a 12x, the other a 9x.

I don't know what the solution is but neither does the leadership of Seattle apparently because with all of the money given and donated to them specifically earmarked to fight homelessness, the problem is getting worse.

I hear what you're saying but it's not the role of the companies who bring money and jobs to Seattle to also figure out things that are the purview of the mayor, city council, etc. Nonetheless Amazon has always contributed money and resources to fighting the homeless problem in the city even after the City of Seattle tried shaking them down for money to "squander" on the homeless "problem" via a head tax. I can' remember how much they wanted to charge Amazon per worker but Amazon shut that down pretty much by immediately ceasing construction on new buildings in Seattle and began shopping for real estate on the east side. The city did pass the tax but then had to immediately rescind it.
Amazon just opened a permanent homeless shelter in its Seattle HQ, offering vulnerable families a place to stay during the pandemic — take a tour

One of the downtown synagogues, Temple de Hirsch Sinai takes in women from Mary's place on the weekends during the coldest months of the year - something like October through March so that they have somewhere warm to sleep overnight. I spent a Friday night in one of their shelters as a volunteer and if you didn't know the women there were homeless you'd probably wouldn't be any the wiser. They were noting like the individuals shown in the video but as they showed, two of the men attaching the couple and their vehicle with their new born in it were felons, one a 12x, the other a 9x.

I don't know what the solution is but neither does the leadership of Seattle apparently because with all of the money given and donated to them specifically earmarked to fight homelessness, the problem is getting worse.
Some of the problem is our approach to living, and happiness.

Society has become atomized, when both the left and the right seem to glorify materialism and possessions, rather than family and community.

We have a really screwed up idea of what causes addiction, and thus, why these folks get their multiple felonies. The governments and corporations only apply band-aids, because they really do not want a complete rethinking of society, it is not in their interest.

These folks have holes in their souls, and let us face it, they are not the only ones, they just deal with it the worst. We have an epidemic of folks in therapy, on meds for depression, anxiety, etc.

It isn't like the uber wealthy are any better, they seek control and dominance to fill that hole, everyone has a way to fill that hole, and nearly no one it is filling it by how nature and the creator meant us to fill it.

Our society is dysfunctional, and not operating as we, as a species, were evolved to function anymore.

But we have been warned by many great religious leaders, prophets and wise folks that this day would come. . . eventually.

Some of the problem is our approach to living, and happiness.

Society has become atomized, when both the left and the right seem to glorify materialism and possessions, rather than family and community.
We have a really screwed up idea of what causes addiction, and thus, why these folks get their multiple felonies. The governments and corporations only apply band-aids, because they really do not want a complete rethinking of society, it is not in their interest.

These folks have holes in their souls, and let us face it, they are not the only ones, they just deal with it the worst. We have an epidemic of folks in therapy, on meds for depression, anxiety, etc.

It isn't like the uber wealthy are any better, they seek control and dominance to fill that hole, everyone has a way to fill that hole, and nearly no one it is filling it by how nature and the creator meant us to fill it.

Our society is dysfunctional, and not operating as we, as a species, were evolved to function anymore.

But we have been warned by many great religious leaders, prophets and wise folks that this day would come. . . eventually.
I don't know that I agree with this theory. According to Maslow's theory, we all have needs that need to be met in order to move through the various levels he outlined

Maslow's hierarchy of needs is a theory of motivation which states that five categories of human needs dictate an individual's behavior. Those needs are physiological needs, safety needs, love and belonging needs, esteem needs, and self-actualization needs.​
From outward appearances, individuals who are unhoused are living at the bottom of the hierarchy with the second level of "safety" appearing to me to be the most critical missing component although there are plenty of people who are not homeless and are still not secure or safe in their own homes.

Somehow chasing the high that addiction causes seems be have found it's way into the lowest level of physiological needs as a necessity on par with food and air yet from my perspective the addiction involved is oftentimes the symptom more so than the problem.

People who self medicate are trying to mask or kill some pain that they don't want to face or deal with, at least not while sober. Being forced to live on the streets among criminals with most of society being hostile towards you and looking down on you, I would imagine is a not surprising reason for wanting to dull that existence through the use of drugs. Many of the people living om the streets of Seattle openly shoot up in full view of people passing by and others.

So what actually prevents people from being able to find housing? How easy is it to rent a house or apartment if you have no visible means of income and/or have a criminal history and/or a bad credit score due to the series of events which caused you to be homeless? A lot of people assume that when these things happen to people that it's their fault, that they must have done something to cause the series of events that lead up to their being homeless but if nothing else, the COVID pandemic showed a lot of people what's it's like to suddenly lose your income through no fault of your own and then not even have the option of finding work elsewhere (yes, people will blacklist you for employment as well as housing).

Have you seen the video Seattle is Dying? The homeless guy Travis who is featured in the video as a chronic homeless problem criminal and drug addict, is now deceased but not before having killed his girlfriend by beating her to death over a series of days. He was actually bragging to others about him beating her and was killed by the police presumably rather than be taken into custody but last I read we don't really know what happened since he "drowned" in a sump or water tank at a city park where the police had him cornered.

Had they dealt with him on one of the many many times they had him in hand, perhaps his girlfriend would still be alive.

Those needs are physiological needs, safety needs, love and belonging needs, esteem needs, and self-actualization needs.
Those things seem to be the same things which are talked about in that video I posted.

If we had a society that was organized more in harmony to how we evolved, those needs would seem, to me, to be met.

Tribal societies do not have these problems because they are fully integrated. The oldest generation has daily contact, and are the teachers and instructors of the younger generations.

All folks have internalized mores, and feel a sense of obligation to both the younger generations and the elders because of a sense of community and a responsibility to that community. They not only have a purpose, but also feel loved, a sense of belonging, have their needs met, know their place in society, and gain a sense of purpose from that place in society. They by their very nature, imbue to folks a sense of esteem.

Because our communities have been atomized, the only folks anyone ever feels they let down when they suffer from internalized problems? Is either themselves, or, if they are lucky, a partner. And if that partner let's them down, then there is nothing left. The is why domestic problems are a common issue for police departments, because it can often be the last bastion of hope for many.

I appreciate your observations, but most psychologists and social psychologists fail to study the anthropological perspective. IMO? I feel that this is a grave mistake. We can't, and will never get away from who we are, and what we have evolved from. We can probably gain just as much insight from studying our origins and closest biological ancestors as we can from theoretical and hypothetical theories on brain and community social developments.

I'm only about a third of the way though. . . It would be nice to know the stats on how many of these homeless in Seattle are homegrown, and how many emigrated. . . .

@NewsVine_Mariyam

This was a terrific documentary.

The solutions part was great. I had a boss from one of my former jobs that fell into a spiral of addiction and homelessness. . . and basically lost everything, and yeah, then ended up in Texas, whose law and rehab policies are much more like Rhode Island's.

She was never really a religious type person, but got back to her roots, and, as I had previously posted, part of her success had to do with getting back in touch with her family. She had been out of contact with her father for well over a decade, lost custody of her children, the younger one, and the older ones just drifted apart. . . etc.

. . . but after all of the treatments like the ones outlined on that documentary, she reintegrated with her family and old friends that didn't lead her to a life of abuse.

Regarding the crime, I think it was the right decision to not charge the parents. If I were the DA, I'd be more likely to charge the mother because she escalated, but I don't think that passes the "If Not For" test. It certainly would not be in the best interests of the two-week-old baby to have the parents go through that.

I'm glad they charged Machete Guy with assault, although I might tack on "with a deadly weapon," because, y'know, machete. I could make a case to charge the strawberry blonde woman as well, because she both instigated and brought a weapon, which was later used.

Speaking of which, they really should throw the book at Blue-Shirt Guy, the 12x felon, even charging him for the death of Alaska Guy. If you distill the story down to three men, Blue-Shirt hit the father with a weapon, who while fleeing, ran over Alaska Guy. That seems to me to at least be negligence resulting in a death.

With luck, both of those monsters will be making license plates soon enough.

As for the homelessness, that block of land could easily sustain a three-story no-frills cinder block apartment building, with say 12 units. If the city stroked the check, it would put construction workers to work and they could hire a social worker to run the place as a halfway house. Disregarding the two career criminals, that would give 11 families at least a chance to get off the street, clean up, and become productive members of society.

That's almost nothing to a Seattle-sized budget, and they can pay it back with community service after they get on their feet. That places like this exist in the literal shadow of the monuments to the richest nation in the world is ridiculous and embarrassing.

I'm only about a third of the way though. . . It would be nice to know the stats on how many of these homeless in Seattle are homegrown, and how many emigrated. . . .
It was known that other areas were sending their homeless to Seattle because Seattle apparently offers more services than many other areas although I would have thought for people living outdoors there are better (warmer) areas to be such as further south in the western area states.

As for the homelessness, that block of land could easily sustain a three-story no-frills cinder block apartment building, with say 12 units. If the city stroked the check, it would put construction workers to work and they could hire a social worker to run the place as a halfway house. Disregarding the two career criminals, that would give 11 families at least a chance to get off the street, clean up, and become productive members of society.

That's almost nothing to a Seattle-sized budget, and they can pay it back with community service after they get on their feet. That places like this exist in the literal shadow of the monuments to the richest nation in the world is ridiculous and embarrassing.
Several cities in the area including Seattle have begun purchasing hotels and motels and converting them to housing for the homeless.

It was known that other areas were sending their homeless to Seattle because Seattle apparently offers more services than many other areas although I would have thought for people living outdoors there are better (warmer) areas to be such as further south in the western area states.
Agreed. LA seems to be having that same problem, but even in greater proportion to the population and weather? :dunno:

Regarding the crime, I think it was the right decision to not charge the parents. If I were the DA, I'd be more likely to charge the mother because she escalated, but I don't think that passes the "If Not For" test. It certainly would not be in the best interests of the two-week-old baby to have the parents go through that.

I'm glad they charged Machete Guy with assault, although I might tack on "with a deadly weapon," because, y'know, machete. I could make a case to charge the strawberry blonde woman as well, because she both instigated and brought a weapon, which was later used.

Speaking of which, they really should throw the book at Blue-Shirt Guy, the 12x felon, even charging him for the death of Alaska Guy. If you distill the story down to three men, Blue-Shirt hit the father with a weapon, who while fleeing, ran over Alaska Guy. That seems to me to at least be negligence resulting in a death.

With luck, both of those monsters will be making license plates soon enough.
While this young man's death is indeed unfortunate, this is a huge part of the risk one takes when being part of a mob or group of people.

Even though Alaska guy did not directly assault the vehicle or the individuals in it, he lost his life due to the acts of others simply because he was a part of the group.

This is a point I've been trying to impress upon the posters here who insist that Ashli Babbitt the military veteran who was shot and killed during the storming of the Capital on 1/6/2021 was "murdered" while leading a mob through a broken out window of a locked door and that deadly force against a [petite] unarmed [female]' is not lawful.

The couple in the vehicle were essentially trying to escape the people attacking them

Forum List

Back