Vice President Kamala Harris Records Pro-McAuliffe Video to Play in Over 300 Black Churches, In Violation of Fed Law for 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Status

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
The Left constantly tells us "no one is above the law."

But they don't apply it to millions of illegal invaders they let cross the border, they don't follow their own mandates, and they don't follow the laws on the books themselves.

When they get caught, they normally give a weak apology and blame it on a momentary lapse of judgement or recent personal hardship.

In this instance, the law breaking is likely completely intentional, as the stakes are huge in the 11/2 Virginia General Election, where we in the Commonwealth will choose our next Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, and representatives to the House of Delegates.

It would have been lawful if she said get out and vote, but this is ridiculous.

"This year, I know that you will send Terry McAuliffe back to Richmond... This is the first year that you can vote on Sunday. So please vote after today's service."

Harris recorded a partisan video message endorsing Terry McAuliffe that will play in over 300 black churches throughout Virginia before Election Day on November 2nd. Churches are not allowed to engage in the endorsement of candidates or they risk losing their tax exempt status.

1634498230323.png

plain and simple--it is destructive [ in many ways ] to allow illegals in ....
they PAY illegals for being ------------------------------ILLEGAL !!!!!!!!!!!

This is the constant norm in inner city churches. No separation of church and state there. This has been going on for a long long time. They have received government funds, preachers have been given vehicles and stipends as part of some human relations or community agendas and so much more. Never a question.

This is the constant norm in inner city churches. No separation of church and state there. This has been going on for a long long time. They have received government funds, preachers have been given vehicles and stipends as part of some human relations or community agendas and so much more. Never a question.

But put the word PATRIOT in the name of your charity and the IRS will be weaponized against you.

Lefties are mentally ill.

Last edited:

Whatever happened with the $3 million in back taxes Sharpton owed?

The Left constantly tells us "no one is above the law."

But they don't apply it to millions of illegal invaders they let cross the border, they don't follow their own mandates, and they don't follow the laws on the books themselves.

When they get caught, they normally give a weak apology and blame it on a momentary lapse of judgement or recent personal hardship.

In this instance, the law breaking is likely completely intentional, as the stakes are huge in the 11/2 Virginia General Election, where we in the Commonwealth will choose our next Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, and representatives to the House of Delegates.

It would have been lawful if she said get out and vote, but this is ridiculous.

"This year, I know that you will send Terry McAuliffe back to Richmond... This is the first year that you can vote on Sunday. So please vote after today's service."

Harris recorded a partisan video message endorsing Terry McAuliffe that will play in over 300 black churches throughout Virginia before Election Day on November 2nd. Churches are not allowed to engage in the endorsement of candidates or they risk losing their tax exempt status.

View attachment 553045

I want to be clear. You are stating that any church should be subject to tax-exempt status revocation if they are found guilty of endorsing a political candidate?

I want to be clear. You are stating that any church should be subject to tax-exempt status revocation if they are found guilty of endorsing a political candidate?
Who cares what I say. The IRS says this. It's pretty clear....

The Restriction of Political Campaign Intervention by Section 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organizations​

Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. Contributions to political campaign funds or public statements of position (verbal or written) made on behalf of the organization in favor of or in opposition to any candidate for public office clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity. Violating this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes.

Certain activities or expenditures may not be prohibited depending on the facts and circumstances. For example, certain voter education activities (including presenting public forums and publishing voter education guides) conducted in a non-partisan manner do not constitute prohibited political campaign activity. In addition, other activities intended to encourage people to participate in the electoral process, such as voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, would not be prohibited political campaign activity if conducted in a non-partisan manner.

On the other hand, voter education or registration activities with evidence of bias that (a) would favor one candidate over another; (b) oppose a candidate in some manner; or (c) have the effect of favoring a candidate or group of candidates, will constitute prohibited participation or intervention.

Who cares what I say. The IRS says this. It's pretty clear....

The Restriction of Political Campaign Intervention by Section 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organizations​

Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. Contributions to political campaign funds or public statements of position (verbal or written) made on behalf of the organization in favor of or in opposition to any candidate for public office clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity. Violating this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes.

Certain activities or expenditures may not be prohibited depending on the facts and circumstances. For example, certain voter education activities (including presenting public forums and publishing voter education guides) conducted in a non-partisan manner do not constitute prohibited political campaign activity. In addition, other activities intended to encourage people to participate in the electoral process, such as voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, would not be prohibited political campaign activity if conducted in a non-partisan manner.

On the other hand, voter education or registration activities with evidence of bias that (a) would favor one candidate over another; (b) oppose a candidate in some manner; or (c) have the effect of favoring a candidate or group of candidates, will constitute prohibited participation or intervention.

It's your OP. It's usually expected that you are able to provide an actual opinion. So again. Do you agree with what you just posted? And should the IRS revoke the tax-exempt status of any 501 (c) (3) that engages in political activity as is being described? You want to call out Democrats so your personal position is pretty relevant.

It's your OP. It's usually expected that you are able to provide an actual opinion. So again. Do you agree with what you just posted? And should the IRS revoke the tax-exempt status of any 501 (c) (3) that engages in political activity as is being described? You want to call out Democrats so your personal position is pretty relevant.
Gosh you are such a troll. The OP is about Kamala working to help churches violate the law. My opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

If I thought cocaine should be legal, it would not change the fact that Hunter Biden is a criminal.

But to answer your question, since you are so interested in my opinion for your obvious attempt to pull what you think will be "a witty" on me. :)

Yes, I think all 501(c)(3) organizations, including churches, charities, BLM non-profits, Clinton Foundation, Trump Foundation, etc. should have to refrain from participating in a political campaign on behalf of or opposed to any candidate.

Since they don't have to pay taxes, they are effectively subsidized by taxpayer funds. As such, they should not use these indirect taxpayer funds to propel a partisan.

So go ahead and make whatever point you were going to make and could have made anyway.

A more interesting question is should religious organizations even be eligible for tax exempt status?

For the record, I think most charities are a fraud. Not all of them, but most. Most charities use most of their funds to pay salaries with their tax-exempt funds. Give me a charity which you think has reputable finances, and I can give you their 990 form which will probably surprise you. Maybe some people think that CEOs of large charities should make $1M per year. I don't. Charities are about being charitable.

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
Gosh you are such a troll. The OP is about Kamala working to help churches violate the law. My opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

If I thought cocaine should be legal, it would not change the fact that Hunter Biden is a criminal.

But to answer your question, since you are so interested in my opinion for your obvious attempt to pull what you think will be "a witty" on me. :)

Yes, I think all 501(c)(3) organizations, including churches, charities, BLM non-profits, Clinton Foundation, Trump Foundation, etc. should have to refrain from participating in a political campaign on behalf of or opposed to any candidate.

Since they don't have to pay taxes, they are effectively subsidized by taxpayer funds. As such, they should not use these indirect taxpayer funds to propel a partisan.

So go ahead and make whatever point you were going to make and could have made anyway.

A more interesting question is should religious organizations even be eligible for tax exempt status?

For the record, I think most charities are a fraud. Not all of them, but most. Most charities use most of their funds to pay salaries with their tax-exempt funds. Give me a charity which you think has wonderful finances, and I can give you their 1099 form which will probably surprise you. Maybe some people think that CEOs of large charities should make $1M per year. I don't. Charities are about being charitable.

Regards,
Jim
That sums up nicely what I believe. And no I wasn't trolling but I do believe when someone is trying to expose somebody for being hypocritical. It is important that they themselves at least have the intellectual honesty to hold a consistent position.

So we both agree that 501 (c) (3) organizations are often used it as a shell to evade taxes and when it is brought to light should lose that status.

Now having said that. You still support Trump right? So what is the point? Both parties are hypocritical and break the law ( although, breaking the spirit of the law while skating right on the edge of it has been a feature for Trump his entire life)? Not entirely sure if you need to convince anyone of that.

why don’t you try to read the law.

A member of a church, their leaders in the church etc are all free to support whomever.

The law also isn’t just about churches.

This is a clear violation of the law, and all these churches should now be taxed

That sums up nicely what I believe. And no I wasn't trolling but I do believe when someone is trying to expose somebody for being hypocritical. It is important that they themselves at least have the intellectual honesty to hold a consistent position.

So we both agree that 501 (c) (3) organizations are often used it as a shell to evade taxes and when it is brought to light should lose that status.

Now having said that. You still support Trump right? So what is the point? Both parties are hypocritical and break the law ( although, breaking the spirit of the law while skating right on the edge of it has been a feature for Trump his entire life)? Not entirely sure if you need to convince anyone of that.
clinton-foundation1a.jpg

clinton-foundation2a.jpg

cc: Crepitus - in response to your post about Trump making this the norm which I just saw

Last edited:

Forum List

Back