Very interesting video on stopping power.

The Ruger #1 is a great rifle, and probably the most beautiful.

Absolutely. Class of their own. My tropical was a 458, not as bad to shoot as one would think either. Oh the wood! The schnable on the forend.... Mmmmm what a rifle. Maybe one in 6.5 Creedmore would be fun.

Thats a beautiful rifle!!!

I sure did love that thing!

I've sold a few guns during some hard times several years ago. But my Ruger #1 was never even considered. I really do have a deep bond with that gun.

I don't blame you at all. 270 is wonderful, had many now using an 06, 243 and 223 for vermin.

The wood on all those #1 is awesome. I had another Ruger, was a bolt 308. Between carbine and rifle length, manlicher stock. Darn was it nice. Think was a MK5 or something?

Prob with me is I was a dealer for decades, sometimes had to sell a gun too!

The Ruger #1 is a great rifle, and probably the most beautiful.

Absolutely. Class of their own. My tropical was a 458, not as bad to shoot as one would think either. Oh the wood! The schnable on the forend.... Mmmmm what a rifle. Maybe one in 6.5 Creedmore would be fun.

Thats a beautiful rifle!!!

I sure did love that thing!

I've sold a few guns during some hard times several years ago. But my Ruger #1 was never even considered. I really do have a deep bond with that gun.

I don't blame you at all. 270 is wonderful, had many now using an 06, 243 and 223 for vermin.

The wood on all those #1 is awesome. I had another Ruger, was a bolt 308. Between carbine and rifle length, manlicher stock. Darn was it nice. Think was a MK5 or something?

Prob with me is I was a dealer for decades, sometimes had to sell a gun too!

The Ruger M77 RSI. I like those. Would make a handy woods rifle. And a mannlicher stock is pretty sweet looking.

The Ruger M77 RSI. I like those. Would make a handy woods rifle. And a mannlicher stock is pretty sweet looking.

Yes, not sure if an RSI or a MK something but looked identical (but nicer wood, was a few decades ago!) to the stock photo I posted. I had it topped with a Leopould as usual.

M77-RSI.jpg

Yes, not sure if an RSI or a MK something but looked identical (but nicer wood, was a few decades ago!) to the stock photo I posted. I had it topped with a Leopould as usual.

M77-RSI.jpg

It should be the RSI. Both the M77 bolt action and the No. 1 come as an RSI.

Ruger-No-1-RSI-243-Win-Single-Shot-Mannlicher-Stock-w-Nikon-3-9X40-Scope_101190703_84708_9A710A8DE21FC395.JPG

7.62x39 master race!
Lol.
for any type of bugging out, I like my under folding AK. Plenty of punch, easily stored, reliable as hell, etc.

My concealed pistol is a Springfield xd40.
Looking to upgrade it soon to and xdm in 9mm.

7.62x39 master race!
Lol.
for any type of bugging out, I like my under folding AK. Plenty of punch, easily stored, reliable as hell, etc.

The AK in 7.62x39mm is a popular gun. I never cared for it. Not to say it isn't a good gun, just not to my tastes.

If I am going to carry a long gun, I like one that will reach out at longer ranges.

7.62x39 master race!
Lol.

The AK in 7.62x39mm is a popular gun. I never cared for it. Not to say it isn't a good gun, just not to my tastes.

If I am going to carry a long gun, I like one that will reach out at longer ranges.
Understandable.
hey, look at chocolate. It’s delicious, but not everybody likes it.
Ak is good to what, about 300 yards? Outside of that the trajectory really sucks. And that’s assuming you can shoot that with crude iron sights, as AK’s aren’t really available to throw an optic on.
I just figure if we are talking bugging out of town, SHTF, or whatever, what are the chances of me needing to snipe people at 600 yards versus up close within 100 yards?

M77-RSI.jpg

Ruger-No-1-RSI-243-Win-Single-Shot-Mannlicher-Stock-w-Nikon-3-9X40-Scope_101190703_84708_9A710A8DE21FC395.JPG

Gotta be RSI then. Nicer looking wood on that one but #1's usually do get the treatment.

M77-RSI.jpg

Gotta be RSI then. Nicer looking wood on that one but #1's usually do get the treatment.

Yes, the #1 is Ruger's premier rifle.

I could always ask Santa? But he said it was coal again this year.

I have had many single shots, falling blocks, rolling block. Old break action Parlor pistols like Stevens tip up (shoot colibris thru them, fun)

I do have a deluxe 10-22 that is checkered and very nice walnut. Their premium guns get premium treatment. Heck, I bought my first Ruger in 1979 and never stopped!

I'm in the middle of a move and my camera on phone won't let me get the pics but soon I will have some pics. Such as the stock pic, Rem Parlor Pistol. 22 round ball, percussion cap all one needs. So fun. Dixie had them.

pedersoli_1860_remingtonriderparlour_lg_147.jpg

Forum List

Back