Very interesting video on stopping power.

Nothing like a Colt no doubt!
But then an S&W aint bad either.

Double actions I actually prefer Smiths. I have had the pythons, cobras, fine guns grew up on Smiths I guess.

Now the SAA, a colt! 1911's I had many colts but now have a custom built,,,, so many fine 1911 out now it's hard to choose.

I like the cool factor of the 911 but hate the capacity.

The capacity never really bothered me. And it is part of why the gun is so slim and easy to conceal.
Reloading is quick and easy. And if I need more than 8 shots without a pause, I am probably fucked anyway.

Inaccurate fire under stress is well known.
The more rounds the better. As far as size goes....
You of course can go smaller with the 1911 but the FNX isn't that big.
It's mainly in the grip length and it's slightly thicker.
View attachment 418026
View attachment 418027

It is the thickness of the pistol that I am talking about. A single stack .45ACP is a very slim pistol. And makes a much less obvious bulge.

Double actions I actually prefer Smiths. I have had the pythons, cobras, fine guns grew up on Smiths I guess.

Now the SAA, a colt! 1911's I had many colts but now have a custom built,,,, so many fine 1911 out now it's hard to choose.

The capacity never really bothered me. And it is part of why the gun is so slim and easy to conceal.
Reloading is quick and easy. And if I need more than 8 shots without a pause, I am probably fucked anyway.

View attachment 418026
View attachment 418027

It is the thickness of the pistol that I am talking about. A single stack .45ACP is a very slim pistol. And makes a much less obvious bulge.
yes, the M1911A1 is very slim

View attachment 418026
View attachment 418027
I disagree....for personal use, you should be good with 7 rounds....the USMC used M1911A1s for decades

....you think you are going to take out a few dozen cops? the USMC used them for decades

View attachment 418026
View attachment 418027

I would call the FN a winter carry gun.

....you think you are going to take out a few dozen cops? the USMC used them for decades

Why would I be shooting at the cops?
Dont get me wrong,I like the 1911 I just dont care for its capacity.

View attachment 418026
View attachment 418027

While true a lot of people carry revolvers which are even thicker than the FN.

..I'm trying to figure out your needs
....give me a scenario that is reasonable and probable where you couldn't get the job done with an M1911A1? usually you would use it for self defense/etc

....give me a scenario that is reasonable and probable where you couldn't get the job done with an M1911A1? usually you would use it for self defense/etc

For the same reason we need 30 round mags.

The Ruger #1 is a great rifle, and probably the most beautiful.

Absolutely. Class of their own. My tropical was a 458, not as bad to shoot as one would think either. Oh the wood! The schnable on the forend.... Mmmmm what a rifle. Maybe one in 6.5 Creedmore would be fun.

img_5108.jpg

View attachment 418026
View attachment 418027

Looks like a carpenters square. Know how hard to hide that buldozer blade of a grip? No matter, I love FN's too!!!!

Had kimber. No thanks. FAR TOO TIGHT tolerances. Awesome 1911 but so darn tight, a dust particle will stop the slide. Orig 1911 were looser for good reason.

In WW2 Major Nonte (rip) had no problem. Germans charged, he killed 49 of them with one shot each from his 1911.

Absolutely. Class of their own. My tropical was a 458, not as bad to shoot as one would think either. Oh the wood! The schnable on the forend.... Mmmmm what a rifle. Maybe one in 6.5 Creedmore would be fun.

img_5108.jpg

Mine is in .270 and is the Light Sporter. The wood is spectacular. The fit, finish and workmanship are old world sort of beautiful.

img_5108.jpg

Thats a beautiful rifle!!!

I sure did love that thing!

I've sold a few guns during some hard times several years ago. But my Ruger #1 was never even considered. I really do have a deep bond with that gun.

img_5108.jpg

I've sold a few guns during some hard times several years ago. But my Ruger #1 was never even considered. I really do have a deep bond with that gun.

I rarely sell my guns.
I sold my 30.06 because it was overkill for the game I shoot in Texas.
Oh..and there was the Raven .25 I traded an oz. of weed for. Traded it for another oz. of weed.

img_5108.jpg

I rarely sell my guns.
I sold my 30.06 because it was overkill for the game I shoot in Texas.
Oh..and there was the Raven .25 I traded an oz. of weed for. Traded it for another oz. of weed.

You got an oz of weed for a Raven .25? Good trade.

Forum List

Back