Verifying Your Political ID

Actually, he exposed NO spies. No one McCarthy ever accused was convicted of espinoge.

One thing I've noticed about you, Comrade JoeB Stalin, is that you lie as easily as most people breath.

{We need to remember that during the entire period, from 1947 to 1958, no American citizens were interrogated without benefit of legal counsel, none was arrested or detained without due judicial process, and no one went to jail without trial. As George Kennan, no admirer of the investigations, stated, "Whoever could get his case before a court was generally assured of meeting there with a level of justice no smaller than at any time in recent American history." All through the "worst" of the McCarthy period, the Communist Party itself was never outlawed, membership in the party was never declared a crime, and it continued to maintain public offices, publish books and the Daily Worker, and recruit new members (admittedly a tough sell by then). }

Joseph McCarthy

You're a liar and a scumbag JoeB, in other words, a typical democrat.

A few were convicted of "perjury" when their testimony didn't line up with what Congress claimed...

While you are a stupid man, and thus a leftist, you should know that the HUAC and McCarthy were two distinct, and separate events.

Guy, just because we gave them a lawyer before we ruined their lives doesn't mean what happened wasn't completely terrible to SANE people.

Okay. Let's imagine this. Next election, Republicans get wiped out, and a Liberal McCarthy decides he's going to go after any conservatives...

I mean, as long as you get the same fair treatment accused (not really) Communists got, that's totally fair, right?

And most of these folks weren't even fucking communists, much less spies.

"...before we ruined their lives...."

Who was that again?

Guy, just because we gave them a lawyer before we ruined their lives doesn't mean what happened wasn't completely terrible to SANE people.

Okay. Let's imagine this. Next election, Republicans get wiped out, and a Liberal McCarthy decides he's going to go after any conservatives...

You mean the way Barack Obama and the IRS have been for the last 6 years?

I mean, as long as you get the same fair treatment accused (not really) Communists got, that's totally fair, right?

108 convictions, Comrade. And proof from the Soviet archives that virtually every person accused WAS in fact, working on behalf of the Soviets.

108 convictions, Comrade. And proof from the Soviet archives that virtually every person accused WAS in fact, working on behalf of the Soviets.

Coincidentally, just now listening to a discussion on Bloomberg Radio of the book by Benn Steil, "The Battle Of Bretton Woods John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White, and the Making of a New World Order"....

....in which it was mentioned that Harry Dexter White was a Soviet spy.....

The Soviet Archives proved nothing of the sort. In fact, a search of the Soviet Archives in fact exonerated Alger Hiss.

And Ethel Rosenberg.

But I do love how you try to say that a Teabagger Group not being able to commit Tax Fraud is just like McCarthyism.

Hint. If you are organizing for an election, you are not a "social welfare group".

Coincidentally, just now listening to a discussion on Bloomberg Radio of the book by Benn Steil, "The Battle Of Bretton Woods John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White, and the Making of a New World Order"....

Harry should have died in prison, rather than on his farm in New Hampshire. Much like Harry The Hop Hopkins both avoid prosecution due to early death. I wonder if both had lived longer, would they have been prosecuted and imprisoned or executed?

And Mr. White was a Jew...funny how so many commies in the US and USSR were Jews.

Harry should have died in prison, rather than on his farm in New Hampshire. Much like Harry The Hop Hopkins both avoid prosecution due to early death. I wonder if both had lived longer, would they have been prosecuted and imprisoned or executed?

And Mr. White was a Jew...funny how so many commies in the US and USSR were Jews.

As was Jesus.

The Soviet Archives proved nothing of the sort.

ROFL

Ah JoeB, you just make shit up out of nothing.

Reality and fact have no meaning at all to you. You create what you think promotes your shameful party, and simply make things up that you believe support your claims.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Exposing-Espionage-Americas-Traitors/dp/0895262258]The Venona Secrets, Exposing Soviet Espionage and America's Traitors: Herbert Romerstein, Eric Breindel: 9780895262257: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

In fact, a search of the Soviet Archives in fact exonerated Alger Hiss.

And Ethel Rosenberg.

And proved Alien Monkeys from Venus are plotting to put the GOP in charge so that gay Orangutans are denied marriage in Bogota.

:rofl:

The stupid lies you tell -

Of course Venona proved that Hiss was in fact a Soviet spy.

{1 "ALES" is assumed by most scholars to be Alger Hiss. This conclusion is suggested by point #6, which refers to ALES visiting Moscow after the 1945 Yalta Conference. Hiss attended Yalta, then (as adviser to Secretary of State Stettinius) travelled with Stettinius to Moscow by private plane. Also, Hiss was identified as ALES in 1988 by Oleg Gordievsky, a high ranking KGB agent who defected to the West in 1985. Gordievsky wrote that "a handful of the most important agents were run individually [and not through spy networks]. Among them was Alger Hiss (code-named ALES)....[whose] wartime controller was the leading NKVD illegal in the United States, Ishak Abdulovich Akhmerov." This reference to Hiss as ALES occurs more than six years before the release of the VENONA transcript, adding to its credibility.
2 GRU, or Soviet Military Intelligence.
3 Most likely Alger's wife, Priscilla, and brother, Donald.
4 The State Department.
5 Alias for Nathan Silvermaster, head of a major Soviet espionage ring in the United States government.
6 Key reference to participation at 1945 Yalta Conference. "Comrade Vyshinkij" was the Foreign Minister of the Soviet Union.
7 Anatoli Gromov, Washington station chief. }

Alger Hiss and the VENONA files

But I do love how you try to say that a Teabagger Group not being able to commit Tax Fraud is just like McCarthyism.

Hint. If you are organizing for an election, you are not a "social welfare group".

You're a laugh riot, Comrade. You just make up the most wacky shit - most of which contradicts all known fact. You have no regard at all for reality.

All leftists are shameless liars and lack basic integrity, but you push it to a level that is simply surreal - which makes you highly entertaining.

Guy, Venona was not Soviet, it was our program, run by cross dresser J. Edgar Hoover...

Seriously, was that the best you had? Not even understanding Venona was?

Usually when one is reduced to this level of argument it is akin to throwing in the white towel.
As you should.

The program was ours....to decrypt Soviet cables.
Not our cables.....Soviet intelligence cables.

You're suggesting....what...that the Soviets should have decrypted their own cables?

"During the program's four decades, approximately 3,000 messages were at least partially decrypted and translated.[3] The project produced some of the most important breakthroughs for western counter-intelligence in this period, including the discovery of the Cambridge spy ring[4] and the exposure of Soviet espionage targeting the Manhattan Project.[5]"
Venona project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is my first post on this thread I think. I didn't read the posts, but obviously anyone with average intelligence or above would answer "no" on all of them! Since my intelligence is way above the average, my response should be obvious.

This is my first post on this thread I think. I didn't read the posts, but obviously anyone with average intelligence or above would answer "no" on all of them! Since my intelligence is way above the average, my response should be obvious.

OK, late-comer.....

Here are some other Liberal beliefs......take a shot: true or false?

1. Woman get less pay, for the same job, than men.

2. Government distributes wealth, and should provide for equality of incomes.

3. J. Edgar Hoover was a cross-dresser.

4. It's been proven that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with Sally Hemings…

5. Paper is better for the environment than plastic...it decays in landfills.

Forum List

Back