Vegetable Garden Plans - Need Ideas

GreenBean

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
garden_schematic.JPG

Vegetable Garden Plans

test your soil or use raised beds or resoil an area (especially if you live in an urban area)

What sort of happens dante is people throw down who really don't know what they are talking about;

You as always being the "dante" understand soil. Heheheheh. We understand soil aka freaking dirt. Others don't darlin.

Peas in early spring will put nitrogen into the soil, which helps grow tomatoes. I always liked bush beans but pole beans on a trellis saves more space. Corn works well if you have a cover plant after the corn has grown to about three feet, i use cucumber to help hold in the moisture when it dries during the summer.

And I fight with my husband every year on what I can do. Some how though some way he's always happier at the end of the growing season.

Peas in early spring will put nitrogen into the soil, which helps grow tomatoes. I always liked bush beans but pole beans on a trellis saves more space. Corn works well if you have a cover plant after the corn has grown to about three feet, i use cucumber to help hold in the moisture when it dries during the summer.

try digging in a polymer when you plant... and dig it in DEEP......it helps hold the water.

Heads up baby. I did scarlett runners. OMG. I am still laden in the freezer. You get this corn though from this place called Lindberghs. Unreal. You get like a peaches and cream but at a price you want to sob for.

All the seeds I get are solid non GMO. Its a guarantee. I promise you.

Now thats a nice layout but not the best use of space. Would you like some help?

Suggestions are always welcome

Well prepped soil....

Hit up all of your local starbucks for coffee grounds and start saving your egg shells..... dig them all in.

I talked to you last year about it. About how I love planting a garden from a different country and you were into it.

I think this year. BRAZIL. I think I should plant Brazil. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well prepped soil....

Hit up all of your local starbucks for coffee grounds and start saving your egg shells..... dig them all in.

I talked to you last year about it. About how I love planting a garden from a different country and you were into it.

I think this year. BRAZIL. I think I should plant Brazil. I'll let you know how it goes.

we sure did.....

cool!! .... though i am not sure what you will plant to make it brazil.

Are peas worth the space?

Now thats a nice layout but not the best use of space. Would you like some help?

Well prepped soil....

The eggshells - I've been making a fertilizer stew out of them.
I pulverize my eggshells and dump them into the 5 gallon bucket of water. Let it sit in a warm spot for about a week , or until most of the water evaporatesthen pour this 'stew' around the plants bases.

I also use a mix of wood ash and piss {Don't chuckle} it works fantastic - Wood ash raises the pH so you dont want to use it on acid loving plants.

pee_boy.JPG

Well prepped soil....

I pulverize my eggshells and dump them into the 5 gallon bucket of water. Let it sit in a warm spot for about a week , or until most of the water evaporatesthen pour this 'stew' around the plants bases.

I also use a mix of wood ash and piss {Don't chuckle} it works fantastic - Wood ash raises the pH so you dont want to use it on acid loving plants.

pee_boy.JPG

i save them all year, and on planting day.....everything gets a handfull.

Well prepped soil....

pee_boy.JPG

I may do that this year, the stew I mentioned works well - but it has God-Awful smell - I got shells from around 5 dozen eggs - planting outdoors still a month and half away - so I should have enough for 1/2 the garden.

pee_boy.JPG

I may do that this year, the stew I mentioned works well - but it has God-Awful smell - I got shells from around 5 dozen eggs - planting outdoors still a month and half away - so I should have enough for 1/2 the garden.

i save them up all year. I wash and dry them very carefully then crush them and store them in zip lock bags. The tomatoes loved it...so no i put it and around everything.

worm castings.... look into buying worm castings. I have heard amazing things in regards to this stuff.

Forum List

Back