Vegan mother is found guilty over death of 18-month-old son who weighed just 17lb when he died

Fruit is good for you as part of a balanced diet. Veganism is a terrible diet.
You don't know much about veganism then, I've been a vegan for years and I'm very healthy healthier than I was eating a meat based diet and dairy and other animal products. Yes, to adopt a vegan diet one needs to plan and understand good nutrition from plants beans legumes etc and consume the right amount of the right foods. Like any diet.

Yeah, the buttercups will laugh at these facts.

Ruminant meat or red beef facts.

It is the most nutritious food on earth. No other food sources contain all of these nutrients.

Lets review the list
L Carnitine
Glutathione
Phosphorus
Zinc
Calcium
Copper
Iron
Magnesium
Manganese
Potassium
Selenium
Creatine
Fatty acids
Conjugated linoleic acid
Vitamin B12, B6, B5, B3, B2
Protein

Still waiting for them to show me the CAUSATION STUDY of direct links to RED MEAT and cancer.

There aren't any. They are ALL CORRELATION STUDIES and those don't prove a thing.

Simply cannot find another food source that has as many benefits and nutrients as Ruminant meat.

This is where they will point out the nutrients I listed in vegetables, but they won't find all of them as you can find ALL if them in Ruminant meat.

They are so ignorant.

Theowl32 - are you a Christian? If so, please read Genesis 1:29, which clearly refutes your position that we were designed and started as omnivores or carnivores. If you’re not a Christian, then believe what you want, but you’ll still be wrong no matter what your itching ears and your god (your belly) is telling you. :)

See, also, Genesis 9:3.

God's changed his commandment a number of times regarding our diet. It's not clear that he ever disallowed meat, but right after the flood, he explicitly permitted it. And then, centuries later, through Moses, he handed down a complex set of rules regarding what meat was acceptable and what was not. And then, through Peter, in Acts 10:10-16, he withdraws all those rules.

If you're looking to the Bible to make the case for vegetarianism or veganism, no, it does not make that case. I was going to say that at best, the Bible can be taken to imply vegetarianism from the time of Adam up until the time of Noah, but then I realized that Abel, son of Adam, who was murdered by his brother, Cain, was a keeper of sheep.

Genesis 4:1-5
  1. And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
  2. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
  3. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.
  4. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
  5. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
So Abel raised sheep, he sacrificed sheep to the Lord, and it is certainly strongly implied that some of his sheep, were killed for meat to be eaten.

It'd be a stretch, but one could read into this that Cain was a vegetarian, and Abel was not, and that the Lord expressed, here, disapproval of vegetarianism, by rejecting Cain's offerings. In any event, it does rather solidly refute any claim that in this time, the Lord disapproved of raising animals for meat.

Yeah, the buttercups will laugh at these facts.

Ruminant meat or red beef facts.

It is the most nutritious food on earth. No other food sources contain all of these nutrients.

Lets review the list
L Carnitine
Glutathione
Phosphorus
Zinc
Calcium
Copper
Iron
Magnesium
Manganese
Potassium
Selenium
Creatine
Fatty acids
Conjugated linoleic acid
Vitamin B12, B6, B5, B3, B2
Protein

Still waiting for them to show me the CAUSATION STUDY of direct links to RED MEAT and cancer.

There aren't any. They are ALL CORRELATION STUDIES and those don't prove a thing.

Simply cannot find another food source that has as many benefits and nutrients as Ruminant meat.

This is where they will point out the nutrients I listed in vegetables, but they won't find all of them as you can find ALL if them in Ruminant meat.

They are so ignorant.
Actually eggs are the most complete single food source.

You don't know much about veganism then, I've been a vegan for years and I'm very healthy healthier than I was eating a meat based diet and dairy and other animal products. Yes, to adopt a vegan diet one needs to plan and understand good nutrition from plants beans legumes etc and consume the right amount of the right foods. Like any diet.
Yet this child died on a vegan diet.

It's SO "healthy" that a small child suffered horribly and died on this vaunted "vegan" diet.

Want to be skinny, pale, weak, unhappy? Avoid meat, fish, milk, eggs, cheese, and all things good and tasty. You won't live longer, it will only SEEM like it. Pass the crab legs and melted butter, please.

You apparently don't know much about veganism
Know enough to know most vegans wear something from animals. Either in belts or shoes and or other things. Also dont care one single solitary crap how many different animals are killed to plow fields in order to mass produce soybeans for you to get mass supplies of tofu to supplement for lack of meat Mrs vegan.

Since our omnivore digestive system is different than herbivores, you would need to extract the various vitamins supplementally.

Want the list of animals obliterated to plow fields to keep up with the ever growing demand of soybeans Mrs vegan?

Do you care? Oh you don't?

Hmm. Maybe I can explain. There are herbivores that eat only plants. Some dinosaurs were herbivores. There are omnivores that will eat plants and meat. Even dinosaurs and simians. Chimpanzees arev omnivores. Carnivores only eat meat. Surprisingly there are birds that are Carnivores. All raptor birds are Carnivores. Cats are Carnivores. Dogs are Carnivores but the present day dogs do better with a partial omnivore diet.

Ya with me so far? Human beings are omnivores. We possess both cutting front teeth and flat grinding molars. Our bodies possess the ability to generate enzymes to digest both meat and plants.

A person might choose to consume a vegetarian diet and do quite well. It isn't good for children but adults make their own choices. Such a diet has to be more carefully regulated than a balanced diet, but whatever floats your boat. Just stop hysterical cheerleading because as you can see, people die on this diet. Especially children.
Something else killed this child, children can do just fine on this diet when it is properly administered. Like with any diet, a person needs to understand proper nutrition and the sources of this nutrition. There are plenty of plant-based options that provide all the nutrition for any human at any. age

Rice and beans are the single most complete food sources
Let us know how many fields need to be plowed in order to supply the mass demand of rice and beans.

Want to name the animals obliterated in mass fields that need to be plowed?

Don't want to know? Thought not.

Let us know how many fields need to be plowed in order to supply the mass demand of rice and beans.

Want to name the animals obliterated in mass fields that need to be plowed?

Don't want to know? Thought not.
Far less than the current rate to supply animal products, and the same animals die in creating animal feedlots, destroying forests. Animal agriculture also uses by far more water and is polluting our water sources from the animals waste

Far less than the current rate to supply animal products, and the same animals die in creating animal feedlots, destroying forests. Animal agriculture also uses by far more water and is polluting our water sources from the animals waste
That's what I thought.

Vegans care about all animals, and I'm willing to bet you have one or two things made of leather etc.

Also, you have no idea how many different species of animals are obliterated and herbicides used to protect those beans and whatever else you need.

Cause the good farmers that protect those beans and greens and your quinoa and carrots, have to kill everything. Every last ground squirrel, gopher, mole, rabbit, quale, shrew, snake, turtle and frog so that you can have your kale salad.

Sigh

Forum List

Back