VA governor to remove Robert E. Lee statue in Richmond

Just plain stupid. This kind of crap is why we need to vote out all the Dims.

Let me get this straight, a man who lead the confederate army should have a statue erected for him and it should lever be removed.

No matter what the people say or want.

Is that what you're saying?

If so, why?

robert e lee was a traitor to the United States of America. He lead an army to attack and wage war with the United States of America and to kill as many Americans as he possibly could.

It was our bloodiest war which resulted in over 600 thousand deaths including the death of one president. Who I believe was one of the greatest presidents in our history.

You do understand that when you take up weapons against our nation and our government then kill hundreds of thousands of Americans you're a traitor don't you?

He swore an oath to the confederate army. NOT the United States of America military.

Yet you want a statue of him to exist and should never be removed.

I'm so glad your view means nothing to anyone in this nation.

I'm even happier that the removal of that abomination bothers you so much.

Thank you for helping to make me smile.

Clearly you don't know your history, nor have you ever attempted to find out what happened to cause the Civil War. This doesn't surprise me one bit. Sad -- but no surprise.

" MEMO TO GOV RALPH NORTHAM: Or, how about this plan instead ... you leave in place this iconic statue honoring a great American, but pledge that you will never again wear blackface or a Klan hood. " - Acerbic Ann Coulter
That bitch looks like an Afghan hound.

coulter.png

. That's pretty judgmental. Sure, fine, that's your opinion, but saying he doesn't deserve recognition?
One can get recognition in books. I said he deserves zero statues. I recognize his brilliance, and whatever else good i could say about him, but he made his choice. He is infamous, not famous. And it is why he is infamous that is the reason he deserves zero statues. Ones that honor him, anyway.

Lets make a comparison. Say, a statue of Billy the Kid. He was a craven psychopath. Does not deserve to be honored. Recognized, maybe. But can you see a difference in these statues?

Let me get this straight, a man who lead the confederate army should have a statue erected for him and it should lever be removed.

No matter what the people say or want.

Is that what you're saying?

If so, why?

robert e lee was a traitor to the United States of America. He lead an army to attack and wage war with the United States of America and to kill as many Americans as he possibly could.

It was our bloodiest war which resulted in over 600 thousand deaths including the death of one president. Who I believe was one of the greatest presidents in our history.

You do understand that when you take up weapons against our nation and our government then kill hundreds of thousands of Americans you're a traitor don't you?

He swore an oath to the confederate army. NOT the United States of America military.

Yet you want a statue of him to exist and should never be removed.

I'm so glad your view means nothing to anyone in this nation.

I'm even happier that the removal of that abomination bothers you so much.

Thank you for helping to make me smile.

Clearly you don't know your history, nor have you ever attempted to find out what happened to cause the Civil War. This doesn't surprise me one bit. Sad -- but no surprise.
So tell us what it is that is not known. Are you saying the confederates didnt fight to keep Blacks enslaved? Are you saying that Lee wasnt a slave owner? If youre not there is absolutely nothing you could ever say that would justify this slimy bastard being honored.

The Same old arguments every time a statue to a Confederate is removed. You might as save your breath. They will continue to be removed despite the gnashing of teeth on message boards.

Looks like he was another in a long line of white boys that raped Black women and kids.

You just presented us with the liberal spin on the issue of slavery. This had nothing personal about Robert E. Lee himself -- just a bunch of propaganda.
Lee owned slaves....check
Lee fought for the loser confederates.....check
Conclusion. Lee is a cave chimp and a traitor. No honor should ever be afforded for someone that trafficked in humans and fought as a traitor.

Before you go off on Lee being a slave owner, you might read a letter from Lee to the NY times in 1858. Lee married into the Custis family, who owned slaves. He never actually owned any. He was executor of his father-in-law's will and never had the opportunity to execute the will because the war started. There has been a lot of mis-information tossed around in this thread that shows me none of the left wing liberal pukes here all got above an F in history classes.

Looks like he was another in a long line of white boys that raped Black women and kids.

You just presented us with the liberal spin on the issue of slavery. This had nothing personal about Robert E. Lee himself -- just a bunch of propaganda.
Conclusion. Lee is a cave chimp and a traitor. No honor should ever be afforded for someone that trafficked in humans and fought as a traitor.

Before you go off on Lee being a slave owner, you might read a letter from Lee to the NY times in 1858. Lee married into the Custis family, who owned slaves. He never actually owned any. He was executor of his father-in-law's will and never had the opportunity to execute the will because the war started. There has been a lot of mis-information tossed around in this thread that shows me none of the left wing liberal pukes here all got above an F in history classes.

As usual you are full of shit. I've done my research long ago. Lee owned the slaves he inherited from his mother back in 1829. The slaves he got from his father in law had nothing to do with it and he petitioned the court to keep those particular slaves longer than the five years his father in law stipulated in his will that he wanted them to be released. His own son said this.

" Lee, as executor of Custis’ will and supervisor of Custis’ estates, drove his new-found labor force hard to lift those estates from debt. Concerned that the endeavor might take longer than the five years stipulated, Lee petitioned state courts to extend his control of enslaved people. "

The racist governor who engaged in blackface follies while he was a student in VMI is stuck with the other Lexington Va. college named after both Washington and R.E. Lee. Will the closeted racist try to rename the venerable law college Washington & Lee? Maybe so..

t
I don't like the idea of closeting history. I don't know, maybe people are really offended by the name "Lee," so I'll have to leave that to them, I guess. But they were both major historic figures and leaders, so changing the name?

In Maine in 2000, it became law that every place name in Maine including the word Squaw be changed. That was offensive. So they changed the name of Big Squaw Mountain to Big Moose Mountain. But Squaw Mountain was named that for a good reason. It sticks up like a pregnant woman's belly. I have tried and tried, but to me it sure doesn't look like a Moose.
View attachment 345315
So why not name it pregnant woman mountain?
Um.... never mind.
Its just weird to me that a ethnic slur is the preferred description of something women of all ethnicities are able to do.

How about prego mountain?
Bread rising?

When it was named Squaw Mountain, they weren't calling the mountain a slut. It looks like a pregnant woman. From some angles, if you kinda squint, you can see her head and her feet. The term "squaw" though, coined within a couple years of colonizing North America, was probably one of our typical failures to pronounce the natives' tongue and might come from the Iroquois word otsiskwa [also spelled ojiskwa] meaning 'female sexual parts.' But in the mouths of men it soon came to represent that thing that women still are to some people--a walking invitation to fuck.

I don't know why you think that's weird. And I don't blame Native American women for not liking the equivalent of the "c" word. I just think Maine could have done a better job renaming it. And NO not after a pregnant woman!

Really, hiding history can go too far. I cut my eye teeth on Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 and the rewriting or destruction of history bothers me. I don't want stuff that's offensive to a lot of people mucking up their public spaces, though. But being highly visual, I also love statues. I can stand at look at one for an hour, no lie.

Now, the Robert E. Lee statue in Richmond, to me, seems symbolic of something else. Look how high he is elevated, looking down on all around him. Christ, he's so high up there you can't even see him, really, from the ground. Now that's a statement in itself, and not a good one. He's not the Jesus in Rio that looks down on the city from his mountain top. What did black folks feel like walking beneath his HIGHNESS in 1890 when that statue was installed? Take him off his pedestal, at the least. But take him somewhere he can still be viewed if people want to visit. Like Candycorn said, she won't be there. That's fine.

I was fortunate enough to have lived in Northern Virginia for six years while we were teaching our kids at home. We visited every single Civil War battle field and museum, and spent a great deal of time studying the Civil War. Prior to that, I knew about as much as the people on this board who call Lee a traitor. They really should crack the books before they bother opining. ;)

The racist governor who engaged in blackface follies while he was a student in VMI is stuck with the other Lexington Va. college named after both Washington and R.E. Lee. Will the closeted racist try to rename the venerable law college Washington & Lee? Maybe so..

t
I don't like the idea of closeting history. I don't know, maybe people are really offended by the name "Lee," so I'll have to leave that to them, I guess. But they were both major historic figures and leaders, so changing the name?

In Maine in 2000, it became law that every place name in Maine including the word Squaw be changed. That was offensive. So they changed the name of Big Squaw Mountain to Big Moose Mountain. But Squaw Mountain was named that for a good reason. It sticks up like a pregnant woman's belly. I have tried and tried, but to me it sure doesn't look like a Moose.
View attachment 345315
Um.... never mind.
Its just weird to me that a ethnic slur is the preferred description of something women of all ethnicities are able to do.

Bread rising?

When it was named Squaw Mountain, they weren't calling the mountain a slut. It looks like a pregnant woman. From some angles, if you kinda squint, you can see her head and her feet. The term "squaw" though, coined within a couple years of colonizing North America, was probably one of our typical failures to pronounce the natives' tongue and might come from the Iroquois word otsiskwa [also spelled ojiskwa] meaning 'female sexual parts.' But in the mouths of men it soon came to represent that thing that women still are to some people--a walking invitation to fuck.

I don't know why you think that's weird. And I don't blame Native American women for not liking the equivalent of the "c" word. I just think Maine could have done a better job renaming it. And NO not after a pregnant woman!

Really, hiding history can go too far. I cut my eye teeth on Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 and the rewriting or destruction of history bothers me. I don't want stuff that's offensive to a lot of people mucking up their public spaces, though. But being highly visual, I also love statues. I can stand at look at one for an hour, no lie.

Now, the Robert E. Lee statue in Richmond, to me, seems symbolic of something else. Look how high he is elevated, looking down on all around him. Christ, he's so high up there you can't even see him, really, from the ground. Now that's a statement in itself, and not a good one. He's not the Jesus in Rio that looks down on the city from his mountain top. What did black folks feel like walking beneath his HIGHNESS in 1890 when that statue was installed? Take him off his pedestal, at the least. But take him somewhere he can still be viewed if people want to visit. Like Candycorn said, she won't be there. That's fine.
I dont see it as hiding history. Put it in a book to warn people. Put it in a museum to warn people of the evils committed. Whatever you do dont put it up on a pedestal or make it a daily part of peoples lives. I will never forget going to NC state for my daughters graduation and what do we see at the park across from the restaurant? We see a confederate statue. I pissed me off so bad I got up, walked across the street and spit on it. So while I'm sure some people like looking at confederate statues others dont want to see it. Its a reminder of slavery. Its the primary reason there is a racial problem in this country right now.

Democrats seek to erase their own history. The why is obvious.

View attachment 345238

Next they'll want to remove all reference to the Korean and Viet Nam wars since they don't feel they're anything for the United States to honor.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Theres always books. They even have books with pictures in them.

View attachment 345248

That's what I forgot to add in CrusaderFrank 's thread about what's next thanks.

*****SMILE*****

A statue isnt a book.

A statue tells a story.

So does a book.

My point precisely.

Good article. History (and people) are never as simple as they seem.

t

View attachment 345315
Um.... never mind.

Bread rising?

I dont see it as hiding history. Put it in a book to warn people. Put it in a museum to warn people of the evils committed. Whatever you do dont put it up on a pedestal or make it a daily part of peoples lives. I will never forget going to NC state for my daughters graduation and what do we see at the park across from the restaurant? We see a confederate statue. I pissed me off so bad I got up, walked across the street and spit on it. So while I'm sure some people like looking at confederate statues others dont want to see it. Its a reminder of slavery. Its the primary reason there is a racial problem in this country right now.

It's a reminder of slavery? Damn, how fricken old are you?

Democrats seek to erase their own history. The why is obvious.

View attachment 345238

Next they'll want to remove all reference to the Korean and Viet Nam wars since they don't feel they're anything for the United States to honor.

*****SMILE*****

Theres always books. They even have books with pictures in them.

View attachment 345248

That's what I forgot to add in CrusaderFrank 's thread about what's next thanks.

*****SMILE*****

A statue isnt a book.

A statue tells a story.

So does a book.

My point precisely.

You have no point that justifies the statue remaining.

t

View attachment 345315
Um.... never mind.

Bread rising?

It's a reminder of slavery? Damn, how fricken old are you?
Old enough to remember the stories my great grandmother told me about slavery.

t

View attachment 345315
Um.... never mind.

Bread rising?

Agree.

Forum List

Back