VA governor to remove Robert E. Lee statue in Richmond

Robert E. Lee was not a traitor to the nation.
Both existing law and the Constitution itself say you're dead fucking wrong. Lee was a traitor, even if he was never tried for Treason.

Read and learn, fool;

18 U.S. Code § 2381. Treason:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

US Constitution - Article III, § 3, Cls 1:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

View attachment 345504

https://uscode.house.gov/statutes/pl/85/425.pdfU.S.

Public Law 85-425: Sec. 410 Approved May 23, 1958.

U.S. Statutes at Large Volume 72, Part 1, Page 133-134.
The Administration shall pay to each person who served in the military or naval forces of the Confederate States of America during the Civil War a monthly pension in the same amounts and subject to the same conditions as would have been applicable to such person under the laws in effect on December 31, 1957, as if his service in such forces had been service in the military or naval forces of the United States.

Additionally...

*****SMILE*****

:)

None of that trash you have proudly posted, even IF it is actual law properly codified in the US Code which I haven't located, does not absolve Robert E. Lee or any other rebellious Bastard of the time of committing TREASON against the United States. Lee and every former American who took up arms against the United States will forever be TRAITORS for violating the Constitution and the Law of the Land! NOTHING AT ALL changes that regardless how fucking ignorant you may be!

P.S. Asswipe, Public Laws which are passed get codified and don't hang around in PDF form you bloody fool. That might explain why you posted a link to only one page of a PDF. Tacky dodge there lad! Oh, and fuck the traitors of the Confederacy!

View attachment 345590

Your response is nothing more the the uncivilized rantings of a traitor whose alliance is only with those who desire to riot, loot, burn, and murder. While all the time pitifully attempting to justify the devastation and butchery you leave behind all in the name of what you call social justice. Your actions, and those you support, speak louder than mere words as you sabotage the very meaning of the words you elect to utilize in your tirade of hypocritical outrage.

*****SMILE*****

Your response is nothing more the the uncivilized rantings of a traitor whose alliance is only with those who desire to riot, loot, burn, and murder. While all the time pitifully attempting to justify the devastation and butchery you leave behind all in the name of what you call social justice. Your actions, and those you support, speak louder than mere words as you sabotage the very meaning of the words you elect to utilize in your tirade of hypocritical outrage.
That rant is quite distant from YOUR INITIAL CLAIM as well as with your circular foolery ad nauseam from the start!

Robert E. Lee and every other Confederate who took up arms against the United States were all TRAITORS you fucking IDIOT. The proof again is etched in Law and the Constitution;

18 U.S. Code § 2381. Treason:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

US Constitution - Article III, § 3, Cls 1:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

Truth hurts doesn't it you damn fool! You can't will the truth to be a lie can you Damaged Sparrow?

View attachment 345632

The United States did accept General Lee's surrender and offered terms that were accepted by both sides of the conflict.

It's you who wishes to rewrite history as your abusive attitude about the subject and lack of knowledge of events is displayed for all to see.

Let me guess... A inner city public school education with about one paragraph on the subject of the Civil War, if that, to cover it. You only use the Constitution to justify your cause when it suits you with no knowledge of the terms offered to the Confederacy for their surrender. While in reality you'd just as soon burn the Constitution like the history you ignore.

The United States did accept General Lee's surrender and offered terms that were accepted by both sides of the conflict.
Off topic maneuver again, asswipe! Lee's surrender has absolutely nothing to do with with his becoming a TRAITOR for taking up arms against the United States 4 years earlier, shit stain!
It's you who wishes to rewrite history as your abusive attitude about the subject and lack of knowledge of events is displayed for all to see.
Pin that tail on your own fat ass Sparrow! I have been on the topic of Lee's TRAITOROUS actions and conduct since my initial post to you dumb ass! That all started when Lee forsook his oath on April 20, 1861 with the intent to take up arms against the United States, thereby becoming a TRAITOR .
Let me guess... A inner city public school education with about one paragraph on the subject of the Civil War, if that, to cover it. You only use the Constitution to justify your cause when it suits you with no knowledge of the terms offered to the Confederacy for their surrender. While in reality you'd just as soon burn the Constitution like the history you ignore.
You really want to argue about who has the longest CV, shit for brains? I don't believe so because I KNOW you'd don't come close just based on you sophomoric responses and lack of your abilities re: critical thinking with more than ONE MOVING PART!

If you had been paying attention to my responses of your meandering "historical"drivel, you would have recognized that I was fixed on Lee's ENTRY into the Confederate forces, and that his taking up arms for the Confederacy made him a TRAITOR . Hell, you clearly didn't want to recognize the citation of the law from Title 18 § 2381 OR the cite of Article III, § 3, Cls 1 of the US Constitution, both definitively identifying Lee and all others who took up arms against the United States as TRAITORS . What Lee did after he 'Turned His Coat' was totally irrelevant to the point of eliminating certain UN-American memorials for people who broke the law and betrayed their Country. It has nothing to do with Lee's separation from the US Army to his surrender at Appomattox, because he was a TRAITOR from the moment he forsook his US Army oath!

Lincoln wanted to preserve the Union. The Confederates lost. Lincoln wanted to bring the south back into the fold, not punish them any further. That's why he didn't go the treason route. The south had been punished enough and the country had been torn apart long enough. Yeah, it was a rebellion. They lost. We were rebels less than a hundred years before that and we won. Only difference. The victor writes history.

I'm not a southerner, but if I were, I'd be thinking about my gr-greats who fought and died or lost everything in that war. To them, Lee was a hero. 95% of the people in the south never owned a slave. They weren't fighting to keep men enslaved, they were fighting to protect their homes and their families, their communities. The man who led the Confederate forces shouldn't have his statue torn down just because he was a slave owner, ferchrissakes. As some others have pointed out, we'll have to tear down the Jefferson Memorial, too, and George on his horse in Washington Circle. The Brits saw him and us as traitors one and all. It's all a matter of which angle you are viewing it from.

The ONLY reason to take down Lee's statue now is if the people of Virginia no longer want him up there. That is up to them.
The people of Northern VA want it down as most of them are democrat transients who are an extension of the DC area. That’s more mob rule.
Your post was accurate until that last line.

Because all those other statue removals quelled the violence so effectively.

It's not about ending violence. It's about understanding why you don't honor those who protected one of the most harmful aspects of the country.

All these pages and it's all the same every time one comes down. You lost. The country is no longer going to do this.

Off topic maneuver again, asswipe! Lee's surrender has absolutely nothing to do with with his becoming a TRAITOR for taking up arms against the United States 4 years earlier, shit stain!

There's nothing off topic about it at all.

Pin that tail on your own fat ass Sparrow! I have been on the topic of Lee's TRAITOROUS actions and conduct since my initial post to you dumb ass! That all started when Lee forsook his oath on April 20, 1861 with the intent to take up arms against the United States, thereby becoming a TRAITOR .

In other words you don't accept the surrender of the Confederacy and only wish to allow nearly two hundred years of hate to consume your soul.

You really want to argue about who has the longest CV, shit for brains? I don't believe so because I KNOW you'd don't come close just based on you sophomoric responses and lack of your abilities re: critical thinking with more than ONE MOVING PART!

The only sophomoric responses, and I'm giving you way to much credit in calling them that, are from you.

If you had been paying attention to my responses of your meandering "historical"drivel, you would have recognized that I was fixed on Lee's ENTRY into the Confederate forces, and that his taking up arms for the Confederacy made him a TRAITOR . Hell, you clearly didn't want to recognize the citation of the law from Title 18 § 2381 OR the cite of Article III, § 3, Cls 1 of the US Constitution, both definitively identifying Lee and all others who took up arms against the United States as TRAITORS . What Lee did after he 'Turned His Coat' was totally irrelevant to the point of eliminating certain UN-American memorials for people who broke the law and betrayed their Country. It has nothing to do with Lee's separation from the US Army to his surrender at Appomattox, because he was a TRAITOR from the moment he forsook his US Army oath!

The surrender terms and what was agreed upon has everything to do with history and how we view that history.

1591313082287.png

If you can't let go of your hate then I suppose you should accept the consequences of what your nearly two hundred year old grudge hate buys you in the end as you riot, loot, burn, and murder, all in the name of social justice.

*****SMILE*****

Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy.
There is no better time to remove this racist symbol than now.
The question is why would they have put up a statue commemorating losers who attacked the United States in the first place?

. That's pretty judgmental. Sure, fine, that's your opinion, but saying he doesn't deserve recognition?
One can get recognition in books. I said he deserves zero statues. I recognize his brilliance, and whatever else good i could say about him, but he made his choice. He is infamous, not famous. And it is why he is infamous that is the reason he deserves zero statues. Ones that honor him, anyway.

Lets make a comparison. Say, a statue of Billy the Kid. He was a craven psychopath. Does not deserve to be honored. Recognized, maybe. But can you see a difference in these statues?

His orders to his men to go home and accept the results of the war led to other generals saying the same thing, and prevented outright gurilla warfare in the south during early reconstruction.

The word is "guerilla".

In other words you don't accept the surrender of the Confederacy and only wish to allow nearly two hundred years of hate to consume your soul.

The only sophomoric responses, and I'm giving you way to much credit in calling them that, are from you.

The surrender terms and what was agreed upon has everything to do with history and how we view that history.

View attachment 345693

If you can't let go of your hate then I suppose you should accept the consequences of what your nearly two hundred year old grudge hate buys you in the end as you riot, loot, burn, and murder, all in the name of social justice.

*****SMILE*****

Hook, Line and Sinker you gullible dumb ass! Thank You in Spades for proving my point in such an illustrative manner!

. That's pretty judgmental. Sure, fine, that's your opinion, but saying he doesn't deserve recognition?
One can get recognition in books. I said he deserves zero statues. I recognize his brilliance, and whatever else good i could say about him, but he made his choice. He is infamous, not famous. And it is why he is infamous that is the reason he deserves zero statues. Ones that honor him, anyway.

Lets make a comparison. Say, a statue of Billy the Kid. He was a craven psychopath. Does not deserve to be honored. Recognized, maybe. But can you see a difference in these statues?

His orders to his men to go home and accept the results of the war led to other generals saying the same thing, and prevented outright gurilla warfare in the south during early reconstruction.

The word is "guerilla".
Says the "cut and paste" guy.

View attachment 345693

*****SMILE*****

Hook, Line and Sinker you gullible dumb ass! Thank You in Spades for proving my point in such an illustrative manner!

1591315373777.png

Yes you did prove my point.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

The word is "guerilla".

Seig Heil, Spell Nazi.

The word is "guerilla".

Seig Heil, Spell Nazi.

I am not a spell Nazi! You shouldn't use words you don't know.

The word is "guerilla".

Seig Heil, Spell Nazi.

Dude, you are the definition of spell nazi, and you didn't even use a cute meme to soften the brownshirting.

th

The word is "guerilla".

Seig Heil, Spell Nazi.

Dude, you are the definition of spell nazi, and you didn't even use a cute meme to soften the brownshirting.

th

Most educated people know the difference. You could at least add a spellcheck to your computer or Smartphone.

The word is "guerilla".

Seig Heil, Spell Nazi.

th

Most educated people know the difference. You could at least add a spellcheck to your computer or Smartphone.

The new sites spellcheck thing sucks, it registers bad spells late, and doesn't give you any options half the time when you misspell something.

The word is "guerilla".

Seig Heil, Spell Nazi.

th

The new sites spellcheck thing sucks, it registers bad spells late, and doesn't give you any options half the time when you misspell something.

When is doubt Google, works!

More attempts to erase history. More Liberal on how America Sucks...........

The DNC is changing to ASP..............the America Sucks Party...........

Forum List

Back