Utah school district that banned Bible considers removing Book of Mormon

The US descends further into ridicule. I know this is just retaliation for gop nazi bans but come on.
Why do you act like book bans are a new thing? Several books that either faced bans and / or challenges include: To Kill a Mockingbird, The Catcher in the Rye, Of Mice and Men, The Great Gatsby, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn .. The Lord of the Rings tribology, 1984 ... and many many more .. and it isn't limited to the GOP. I suggest you do some research before making baseless accusations.

The Bible is the most banned book in the world, so not surprising.

But the Book of Mormon was transcribed from plates of gold. Must be true.

Why do you act like book bans are a new thing? Several books that either faced bans and / or challenges include: To Kill a Mockingbird, The Catcher in the Rye, Of Mice and Men, The Great Gatsby, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn .. The Lord of the Rings tribology, 1984 ... and many many more .. and it isn't limited to the GOP. I suggest you do some research before making baseless accusations.
Huck Finn is the great American novel.

It is about fucking time. You can't be allowed to show children such filth while arguing for a purity test in their name for anything you don't like. It doesn't work that way.

But the Book of Mormon was transcribed from plates of gold. Must be true.
I don’t believe in their ideas but I know some really good people who are Mormon and are sincere in their beliefs and treat others with kindness.

The district is challenging the age appropriateness in a grade and middle school library, but it is allowed in high school. I do feel that there is a need to consider the age appropriateness in school libraries and parents can still give their children the Bible to read if they desire.

The Bible is the most banned book in the world, so not surprising.

Also, not surprising that a County (likely run by a majority of Mormons) would ban the Bible but not the Book of Mormon. I live in Utah. The LDS Church doesn't place the Bible very high up on their religious ladder. But the Book of Mormon is revered.

But there are tons of Blue, Demwit cities that banned the Bible a long time ago. Many districts allow the teaching of Evilution, but not Creation. Lopsided curriculum.

Forum List

Back