USS Gerald Ford Carries A-10 Warthogs On Board

Maybe the rebuilt a fleet of warthogs just for this carrier :dunno:

It IS a new carrier. They tend to upgrade things.
I did hear a news reporter mentioned that plane as well. No telling what the story is, and it could be just that too.
Still , it would be pretty darn cool to see one of those planes just a few hundred feet off the ground...

Do you know what a single Warthog can do?

They started by building a high speed cannon with rotating barrels that shoots depleted uranium shells the size of coke bottles (they can easily penetrate most any tank armor).

Then they built a plane around that cannon :laughing0301:

It is the most destructive piece of flying awesomeness I've ever seen!!! :banana:

The pilots say you can only fire it for 2 seconds or the force of firing the cannon will stop the planes forward momentum.

And they are coming right atchya Hamas!
Nice post! Total bullshit!

I don't know if the A-10s are still usable....I think their maintenance has gone undone.

Besides drones can do the same job without risking pilots lives. Just saying....

But I do like those slow moving beasts of destruction. They were awesome in their day.

However,
The Gerald Ford is only one of THREE carrier strike groups. The UK's flagship HMS Queen Elizabeth and a Carrier strike group from Greece are all three in the Med right now.
That's enough firepower to destroy every Middle Eastern nation with power to spare.

And Hamas is not the only group to attack Israel. Hezbollah is joining in the fight.
(albeit reluctantly)
Apparently they weren't really ready for a full scale attack for whatever reason and are finding themselves being drug into it despite their misgivings for doing so. (Strongarmed and shamed into participating)

Syria, Lebanon, Palestinians (of course) possibly Egypt and dunno who else. (Jordan never really joins in these things...they might grumble but that's the extent of their involvement)

Saudis are claiming Palestinian support but will do nothing. Iran knows its in trouble for doing all this to help stall the Saudi/Israeli peace accords. It didn't think things would blow up like this. (Dumb dumb dumb)

This is either going to be WW3 or over in a couple of days with Israel getting a new settlement out of this.
Greece does not even have a true aircraft carrier, unless you count their amphibious assault helicopter carrier.

Lebanon and Egypt have peace treaties with Israel and the Egyptians enforce the blockade against Hamas in Gaza already.

I would like to see one of those planes in action, against someone else of course. But I would like to see one. Actually seeing one fly would be good enough for me.
I was out hiking in the desert once close to Las Vegas when suddenly a half dozen or so warthogs swooped down very close to the ground about 200 ft. from me...I suppose their training target was that close to me...it was a very impressive sight.

Most likely they were from Nellis Airforce base in Las Vegas.

Last edited:
I know what I know. I'm sorry you fell for someone else's lies.

Looks like cap'n crunch got me on a technicality. It sounds like those warthogs are not on the USS Ford...they're already there! Ready to wipe out palistinians like toilet paper on clingons :banana:

Even when I lose...I win :auiqs.jpg:

God it's great being me! :D

I have directed the movement of the USS Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group to the Eastern Mediterranean. This includes the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78), the Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruiser USS Normandy (CG 60), as well as the Arleigh-Burke-class guided missile destroyers USS Thomas Hudner (DDG 116), USS Ramage (DDG 61), USS Carney (DDG 64), and USS Roosevelt (DDG 80). We have also taken steps to augment U.S. Air Force F-35, F-15, F-16, and A-10 fighter aircraft squadrons in the region.

Looks like cap'n crunch got me on a technicality. It sounds like those warthogs are not on the USS Ford...they're already there! Ready to wipe out palistinians like toilet paper on clingons :banana:

Even when I lose...I win :auiqs.jpg:

God it's great being me! :D

I have directed the movement of the USS Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group to the Eastern Mediterranean. This includes the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78), the Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruiser USS Normandy (CG 60), as well as the Arleigh-Burke-class guided missile destroyers USS Thomas Hudner (DDG 116), USS Ramage (DDG 61), USS Carney (DDG 64), and USS Roosevelt (DDG 80). We have also taken steps to augment U.S. Air Force F-35, F-15, F-16, and A-10 fighter aircraft squadrons in the region.

They are there already? Are you sure? It has only been 2 days.

There are only a few squadrons of A-10s in the active USAF and I doubt they were already deployed. That means their aircraft and all of their support equipment would have to be flown to a USAF base in Turkey or Saudi Arabia to be effective. with Hamas firing missiles, putting them on the ground in Israel wouldn't make much sense.

It could be just a story to intimidate the enemy. Maybe they are simply transporting these planes. When I heard it on the news I wondered myself. My understanding is they aren't carrier planes. At any rate.....Us little people don't need to know.

They'd work well in the middle east as we've seen already.
They're most likely already there.

Maybe the rebuilt a fleet of warthogs just for this carrier :dunno:

It IS a new carrier. They tend to upgrade things.
If they did then it's something completely new that nobody has yet heard about. Given that it's a 51 year old airframe and what would be involved in making it capable of being used in carrier-borne operations I doubt it.

I still say it was a mistake to get rid of the A-6 Intruder in favor of the F/A-18 given the type of warfare the world sees today.

About 90% of your post is a collection of lies, especially this part:

"The pilots say you can only fire it for 2 seconds or the force of firing the cannon will stop the planes forward momentum."

Simple physics would tell you that is not possible.
The howitzer shoots rear facing and side facing...and it does affect the navigation of the plane....the amount of recoil the howitzer has does this....it is physics in action. Forward guns are still devastating....I'm forgetting the caliber but it's still devastating as well.

At any rate the A-10s in US service are retired or retiring....too expensive and vulnerable for continued use. Portable Shoulder fired AA missiles can take them out easily. (We sent a bunch of these missiles to Ukraine as well as ATGMs) which is why the A-10 is getting retired.

Forum List

Back