USS Gerald Ford Carries A-10 Warthogs On Board

1697024264843.png

Nah,

The Air Force has secretly been sending the A-10's Warthog's replacement the A-14 Wild Wolf to the middle east for quite some time.

They are just kept on the hanger deck of the USS Ford so as not be be able to be photographed.

Well, at least that's what I heard.

WW
ATC(AW/NAC)
USN Ret.

The howitzer shoots rear facing and side facing...and it does affect the navigation of the plane....the amount of recoil the howitzer has does this....it is physics in action. Forward guns are still devastating....I'm forgetting the caliber but it's still devastating as well.

At any rate the A-10s in US service are retired or retiring....too expensive and vulnerable for continued use. Portable Shoulder fired AA missiles can take them out easily. (We sent a bunch of these missiles to Ukraine as well as ATGMs) which is why the A-10 is getting retired.
The A-10 has a 30mm cannon. The rounds do not have sufficient mass to impact the flight of the aircraft except very slightly. Whoever told you that story was exaggerating.

I'm thinking that by itself, without the other war assets we have around the area, is a damn lot of firepower.
I'm kinda at a loss for why so many....one would have been sufficient....two is overkill.
But FOUR?
Unless they are going to station the Eisenhower on the other end of the Suez canal....I'm really not understanding.

I'm kinda at a loss for why so many....one would have been sufficient....two is overkill.
But FOUR?
Unless they are going to station the Eisenhower on the other end of the Suez canal....I'm really not understanding.
There are lots of possibilities, Honestly I hate to guess. The best case scenario is that overwhelming force might result in fewer causalities.

A show of force.
A lot of force!!!
But we don't need to destroy the entire middle East in the process...

As it is now it's like using a 30-06 for a mosquito....the mosquito is too dumb to realize what's going on.

FOUR carrier groups?
Granted Greece is just a stones throw away....
But the bidding war for who gets to shoot what is gonna get heated and vicious.

But we don't need to destroy the entire middle East in the process...

As it is now it's like using a 30-06 for a mosquito....the mosquito is too dumb to realize what's going on.

FOUR carrier groups?
Granted Greece is just a stones throw away....
But the bidding war for who gets to shoot what is gonna get heated and vicious.

Actually there will only be two.
Still a shit load of force.

I think the A-10 is the coolest airplane ever. I wish Robert E. Lee would have had a dozen of them. We all would be whistling Dixie now.

They are good for kicking the ass of Third World shits. However, they wouldn't last long in a peer to peer engagement. Any first rate military anti aircraft system would make short work of them.

I think the A-10 is the coolest airplane ever. I wish Robert E. Lee would have had a dozen of them. We all would be whistling Dixie now.

They are good for kicking the ass of Third World shits. However, they wouldn't last long in a peer to peer engagement. Any first rate military anti aircraft system would make short work of them.

Yeah,I love the A-10!!!
I hope we never decommission it.

Forum List

Back